I have just moved to a Priv from my Passport as I was getting fed up with the total lack of apps. The priv looks very nice but all android shows me so far is how good Blackberry 10 is! It was so easy to use. Can anybody tell me how to change the ring tone to what I want also how to change BBM text and whatsapp notifications. Also my passport used to be my clock at night, in bedtime mode plugged in it just showed the clock, android in bedtime mode still sounds off when getting emails and other messages. I have found the “do not disturb” but that does not allow the clock to be shown. Still getting used to it I suppose so time will tell.
    dave gomez likes this.
    12-31-16 05:56 AM
    I have just moved to a Priv from my Passport as I was getting fed up with the total lack of apps. The priv looks very nice but all android shows me so far is how good Blackberry 10 is! It was so easy to use. Can anybody tell me how to change the ring tone to what I want also how to change BBM text and whatsapp notifications. Also my passport used to be my clock at night, in bedtime mode plugged in it just showed the clock, android in bedtime mode still sounds off when getting emails and other messages. I have found the “do not disturb” but that does not allow the clock to be shown. Still getting used to it I suppose so time will tell.
    Welcome to Crackberry

Some tones can be set in the specific apps while in other cases, you set them using the Main Settings, Sound/Notifications, App Notifications, Find the app. And not every app can be altered.

You can set days/hours for limited sounds. Again, Main Settings, Sound/Notifications, Do-not-disturb. Check out both of the sub-options. Automatic Rules and set your own limits.

Email sounds are controlled through the Hub. Left Menu, Settings, Check the various accounts you've set up.
    12-31-16 09:46 AM
    BB10 still does some things better than Android but most things can still be accomplished just in a different way. Notifications can be adjusted in the Hub and through Settings, Sounds and Notifications. Note that you can't create a specific ringtone for each BBM contact like on BB10, at least not that I have found.

For bedside mode, I like to block all notifications except calls:

- Set the alarm in the clock app
    - pull down from top of screen and tap "do not disturb" and "until next alarm"
    - go back to clock app and choose screen saver

Definitely not as elegant as on BB10 but it works for me. Maybe someone else has a better way of doing this.
    Sasman likes this.
    12-31-16 12:14 PM
    Same thing happened to me when I got the priv. BB10 is a better OS in every regards other than app availability, I still always tell myself I should just switch back to my classic or passport but switching between the priv and BB10 isn't easy as switching between two BB10 phones. As far as bedtime mode there is no one step process to do it. You have to enable daydream mode under display settings then when you plug in the phone it will change to a clock display and you have to setup a do not disturb profile and manually turn it on when you want "bedside" mode. But if you have a consistent sleep schedule you can set the DND mode to automatically run on a set schedule each day.
    12-31-16 12:18 PM