Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
11-29-15 05:17 PM
31 12
tools
    I would like to start off with the following: I do not hate BlackBerry on the contrary, I have had a RIM or BlackBerry longer than most people are alive. That said and done.

We purchased 20 Priv phones as a control, this is something we have done ever since new phones came out. As a matter of fact when we started with the Passport we had problems. The only difference is that I did not post about it. That said this phone is not ready for prime-time.

When we received our 20 phones six of them are dead right out of the box. My I.T. guys make the call and are told (no joke) we must be turning them on wrong. O.K. lets get one other thing clear, we do not want BlackBerry to fail. Why because at the moment their is no other OS as secure. We went in with eyes wide open, the fact that this is an Android phone was a big problem. But we gave it a shot, as we always do. We wanted this phone to work and be something we could work with for security.

While I was at a meeting with Government officials and a few other CEO's. I was asked if I had seen the new Priv. I proudly reached into my pocket and pulled out a broken phone. The keyboard had opened and snapped off its rails. This was not what I was looking for in a phone, and the impression it made was at the very least bad.

I called BlackBerry right away and was told it was a customer issue, not the phone. While this is true, I did break it. The keyboard should not have opened.

One of my assistants had a phone melt its back from what ever happened to it. That phone went back to BlackBerry. My point here is this, the phone needs to be as close to perfect as it can be. Not just good or better, it is priced at the top end of handsets so it needs to fly right.

BlackBerry's error in this is simple, they should have released a dual phone. One that runs android and one that runs OS 10.3.

This would of allowed them to go after two separate markets. The general public and industry/government. It scares me that this phone might bomb leaving us with no BlackBerry handsets. In my opinion this was very short sited. We in industry really don't care as much about apps as we do security.

The Landscape is littered with companies that walked away from there own systems only to die away. Lets not forget about Motorola they had one of the best OS systems around. They too sat on their hands and when it was too late, went over to Android only to walk away and be taken over.

My last point is there are many true believers on this forum. The first thing they do is attack people who do not share there point of view. Because they are afraid that the BlackBerry handset will fail. So they will attack and accuse you of either lying or just being a fool. I have news for you, if this handset is not fixed and fixed fast it will be gone. Apple is already in Beta testing of a secure OS 9 system for industry/government. If that comes through it will not matter, BlackBerry will be dead, and that will be the real shame.
    11-29-15 04:19 PM
    I would like to start off with the following: I do not hate BlackBerry on the contrary, I have had a RIM or BlackBerry longer than most people are alive. That said and done.

We purchased 20 Priv phones as a control, this is something we have done ever since new phones came out. As a matter of fact when we started with the Passport we had problems. The only difference is that I did not post about it. That said this phone is not ready for prime-time.

When we received our 20 phones six of them are dead right out of the box. My I.T. guys make the call and are told (no joke) we must be turning them on wrong. O.K. lets get one other thing clear, we do not want BlackBerry to fail. Why because at the moment their is no other OS as secure. We went in with eyes wide open, the fact that this is an Android phone was a big problem. But we gave it a shot, as we always do.

While I was at a meeting with Government officials and a few other CEO's. I was asked if I had seen the new Priv. I proudly reached into my pocket and pulled out a broken phone. The keyboard had opened and snapped off its rails. This was not what I was looking for in a phone, and the impression it made was at the very least bad.

I called BlackBerry right away and was told it was a customer issue, not the phone. While this is true, I did break it. The keyboard should not have opened.

One of my assistants had a phone melt its back from what ever happened to it. That phone went back to BlackBerry. My point here is this, the phone needs to be as close to perfect as it can be. Not just good or better, it is priced at the top end of handsets so it needs to fly right.

BlackBerry's error in this is simple, they should have released a dual phone. One that runs android and one that runs OS 10.3.

This would of allowed them to go after two separate markets. The general public and industry/government. It scares me that this phone might bomb leaving us with no BlackBerry handsets. In my opinion this was very short sited. We in industry really don't care as much about apps as we do security.

The Landscape is littered with companies that walked away from there own systems only to die away. Lets not forget about Motorola they had one of the best OS systems around. They to sat on their hands and when it was too late went over to Android only to walk away and be taken over.

My last point is there are many true believers on this forum. The first thing they do is attack people who do not share there point of view. Because they are afraid that the BlackBerry handset will fail. So they will attack and accuse you of either lying or just being a fool. I have news for you, if this handset is not fixed and fixed fast it will be gone. Apple is already in Beta testing of a secure OS 9 system for industry/government. If that comes through it will not matter, BlackBerry will be dead, and that will be the real shame.
    I will be the first to call this complete BS. Show us some pictures of these phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-29-15 04:21 PM
    I will be the first to call this complete BS. Show us some pictures of these phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I second this. This story makes little to no sense.
    11-29-15 04:26 PM
    Fictitious account indeed

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 04:27 PM

When we received our 20 phones six of them are dead right out of the box. My I.T. guys make the call and are told (no joke) we must be turning them on wrong. O.K. lets get one other thing clear, we do not want BlackBerry to fail. Why because at the moment their is no other OS as secure. We went in with eyes wide open, the fact that this is an Android phone was a big problem. But we gave it a shot, as we always do.

The Landscape is littered with companies that walked away from there own systems only to die away. Lets not forget about Motorola they had one of the best OS systems around. They to sat on their hands and when it was too late went over to Android only to walk away and be taken over.

I think you are full of shi.. I work closely with BlackBerry, large businesses and Government IT departments. I have heard nothing close to your complaints.
    This seems like a great made up story without validation. I have also had all the BlackBerry devices from day one. By the way BlackBerry is only a 30 year old company. Smart phones by BlackBerry maybe 12 years.

I think you are a Apple lover it sounds like.. IOs 9 is already released and you know very well it is MDM, hardware and OS that makes it secure . Not just OS

Posted from my Priv!
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 11-29-15 at 04:50 PM.
    11-29-15 04:28 PM
    Can't understand half of what he is saying!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 04:28 PM
    Would of

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 04:29 PM
    Balls. If you had problems with the passport as well. You must be working with a bunch of cave men. You're fairy tales hold no merits.

Posted via Priv
    11-29-15 04:30 PM
    Isn't that the story of the "owner of US Railway" or some sort?

Show me the melted phone. It's impossible if you don't have any pictures showing that if it truly happened.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 04:31 PM
    wow, you have no clue, but that's fine. The first smart phone was back in 1981. Was only issued to a few, but who cares have a great day.
    11-29-15 04:33 PM
    I will us the word Apple lover because I can't say truth what this OP is doing.
    Thanks Moderator! S
    Geesh

Posted from my Priv!
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 11-29-15 at 04:51 PM.
    11-29-15 04:34 PM
    your right makes no sense at all. Phone must be perfect and you must be brilliant!
    Love your response, always good to attack when you have nothing else.
    OP is a fibber

Posted via CB10
    Have a great day
    11-29-15 04:35 PM
    the picture does you justice.
    11-29-15 04:36 PM
    wow, you have no clue, but that's fine. The first smart phone was back in 1981. Was only issued to a few, but who cares have a great day.
    By who, and what was it? Phone or Smart Phone?

Posted from my Priv!
    11-29-15 04:36 PM

When we received our 20 phones six of them are dead right out of the box. My I.T. guys make the call and are told (no joke) we must be turning them on wrong. O.K. lets get one other thing clear, we do not want BlackBerry to fail. Why because at the moment their is no other OS as secure. We went in with eyes wide open, the fact that this is an Android phone was a big problem. But we gave it a shot, as we always do. We wanted this phone to work and be something we could work with for security.

The Landscape is littered with companies that walked away from there own systems only to die away. Lets not forget about Motorola they had one of the best OS systems around. They too sat on their hands and when it was too late, went over to Android only to walk away and be taken over.

Cool story bro
    11-29-15 04:38 PM
    So 6 devices didn't power up.........One melted............and the other device the slider mechanism fell apart. So in all. 8 out of 20 devices were lemons. I highly doubt that.

Posted via CB10
    OP, to shut us up, post your pictures. It's that easy.

Posted via CB10
    your right
    a real winner right there, folks. (or is it... 'right their'?)

Blackberry Passport SE, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    11-29-15 04:41 PM
    Riiiiiight

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 04:41 PM
    First the 6 that are dead went back to BB, We were told it was a battery issue with a batch and they should have not been sent out. OK they work now but security is still the issue. We don't play with our phones, we use them for work. But like the Apple forums I have seen, post a negative and poof........off with your head. It will not change the fact that if OS 9 is approved as secure BB is dead.
    11-29-15 05:04 PM
    Thank you for the spell check/grammar. I do love these phones that make a change.
    11-29-15 05:06 PM
    if you don't know its not my job to enlighten you
    11-29-15 05:07 PM
31 12