I'm starting to finally see it.

These new ads that have been surfacing is an attempt at changing the brand image.

They might be a joke to diehards here, but the average consumer will probably see something that we don't.

The ads have a hipster vibe to them, and seem to be geared towards a younger consumer crowd instead of the average corporate type.

They're essentially trying to make their strengths (ie. Privacy and security) stick and associate it with being hip or fashionable.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-28-15 02:16 PM

These new ads that have been surfacing is an attempt at changing the brand image.

They might be a joke to diehards here, but the average consumer will probably see something that we don't.

The ads have a hipster vibe to them, and seem to be geared towards a younger consumer crowd instead of the average corporate type.

They're essentially trying to make their strengths (ie. Privacy and security) stick and associate it with being hip or fashionable.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Yes, in a way, or at least that is the intended effect. however the ad with the guy in the woods isn't really hip.
    10-28-15 02:36 PM
    How dare you! PRIV is for business!

Yes, in a way, or at least that is the intended effect. however the ad with the guy in the woods isn't really hip.
    No, it's just creepy that one.
    10-28-15 02:38 PM
    Maybe the guy in the woods just got done with the he-she in the tank top from the earlier ad?

Posted via Silver Passport.
    10-28-15 03:09 PM
    i see nothing hipster in any of the ads...they are just creepy horrible imo
    swishhh and vpblaze like this.
    10-28-15 03:11 PM
    Come on, get your PRIVacyOn!

The saddest part is that apple will probably make privacy relevant and cool before BlackBerry does...

I'm very interested to know if BlackBerry will be paying for ad space on public spaces using these controversial images. It could go either way, it could trend or it could make them look like a laughing stock.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    10-28-15 03:21 PM
    Nah, nothing hip about these images. And honestly, it looks like they took a picture, filtered it b&w, opened it up in Microsoft paint and threw a text box over it with size 300 font. I could design a better advertisement in Powerpoint with some flippin clip art.
    These are weird....

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 03:30 PM
    Agreed. And they look like something you made with Corel Draw for a high school project. The quality is sub par. I don't mind the concept. But the execution imo is terrible.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 03:54 PM

These new ads that have been surfacing is an attemgthpt at changing the brand image.

!,

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    I am a young hip-type in a creative field. Friends rib me for having a BlackBerry all the time. I think they're simpler and cooler than any alternative. Samsung is just plainly uncool, as is the modern Apple (certainly seeming that way lately when everyone's mum has an iPhone). I don't see why BlackBerry hasn't caught on with the hipster crowds, but I do know that Instagram and Snapchat would have helped enormously.

BlackBerry should have continued with their avant-garde graphic design that was present at the release of the Z10 and Q10. Nobody is tapping into that avant-garde, modernist channel (something resembling B&O instead of Braun). Elite. Instead we've gotten no advertising or consistent brand identity, a misguided OS redesign with 10.3, and a barren app store due to BlackBerry's resistance to bribing important app makers even though they had the cash to do so. Oh well.

It appears that only Sony is pushing an interesting aesthetic with their Z5 phones. The Priv looks pretty exciting too. The OG Passport was similarly beautiful. Android isn't, but oh well.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 04:00 PM
    I agree. I don't know who this company is anymore.

It seems like they're advertising a phone to *invade* people's privacy, not protect it.

It's not even work-safe watching really - I know they don't show anything bad, but to anyone casually walking by it looks like you're watching something you really shouldn't be, at least not at work.
    howarmat likes this.
    11-02-15 10:00 AM