You mean the curved edge of the phone? It's a curved screen like the Galaxy S6 edge.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 10:20 AM
    What's up with the light bleed on the side of the screen?
    Either A, a preproduction prototype used to field test the software, or B, reflection of the curved screen.

I don't know which light bleed you're referring to, so either one.
    10-09-15 10:25 AM
    I'm loving this! Would love it more if there was an official release date. Z10 is holding up but I need something new and this is going to be it

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 10:26 AM
    Old hardware...

Posted via CB10
    get real
    guygardner73 likes this.
    10-09-15 10:36 AM
    Anybody concerned about no finger print reader? I am not a fan of it but it seems every high-end android has this for pay integration.... I thought i read somewhere it is a requirement for android pay????

Not sure the fp is all that secure but it seems like an odd omission, hopefully a pkb password is a work around.

Posted via CB10
    The requirement is that you have an active device password.
    When you tap to pay, you can use your fingerprint to unlock or you can unlock your device with a password and then tap.

If your device doesn't have the fingerprint scanner, you only have the option of unlocking (with a password) and tapping.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    10-09-15 10:42 AM

Attachment 375085
    I'm not seeing it. Looks like reflections on the curved edges.
    10-09-15 10:46 AM
    Maybe the edges are used specifically for things like charging but the whole display stays on a straight slab??

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 11:21 AM
    get real

Get real what? It is old hardware. That particular device is an old revision.
    10-09-15 11:26 AM
    Define old. There's women who were pregnant when it was built and they're still pregnant. So no, not old hardware, just the first testing units probably.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    10-09-15 11:41 AM
    That's a big thumb! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Big thumb = big.....

Can't say it here

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and jas1978 like this.
    10-09-15 11:48 AM
    Hubba!! Hubba!!

The Lord is my Sheppard and I see what I want!

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-09-15 11:54 AM
    Define old. There's women who were pregnant when it was built and they're still pregnant. So no, not old hardware, just the first testing units probably.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    I think in Tech, old is defined as "not the latest". Not necessarily a bad thing just there is a newer revision out there somewhere

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 12:10 PM
    Looking good? it looks freaking amazing to me... The guy that tried and took those pics even told that it feels thinner than it's Note 5!
    10-09-15 12:11 PM
    Looking good? it looks freaking amazing to me... The guy that tried and took those pics even told that it feels thinner than it's Note 5!
    At least the sliding screen part is.
    10-09-15 12:13 PM
    From all the leaks, there is no picture showing the bottom... could this mean that the bottom is so important that it is never seen like the hub..?
    I'm expecting a usb-c port

BlackBerry Priv� a mobile PRIVilege for your PRIVacy
    Thanks god it doesn't have USB-C... I want to have a charger in every corner of the world. The current "old" micro USB is great because everybody has one, even on airports, if you run out of battery in the middle of nowere there will always be someone with one to borrow.

Good luck finding somewere with USB-C in the next year or 2
    10-09-15 12:27 PM

Attachment 375085
    Good eyes, looks like flickering lol jk

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    10-09-15 12:28 PM

Attachment 375085
    where do you see light bleeding? It's an Amoled panel, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to amoleds to bleed since they have no backlight.
    10-09-15 12:34 PM
    where do you see light bleeding? It's an Amoled panel, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to amoleds to bleed since they have no backlight.
    Has the nature of the display been established? Reddit interviewee said glass was curved but display was flat

Also, from pictures, it looks like the display isn't actually curved, only the glass.
    [–]imsorandomNote 5 32GB[S] 1 point 5 hours ago
    I held then side by side, if I remember correctly, it is thinner and shorter than my Note. In regards to the screen curve, you're right, it's just the glass.
    permalinkparent
    10-09-15 12:38 PM
    Has the nature of the display been established? Reddit interviewee said glass was curved but display was flat

Also, from pictures, it looks like the display isn't actually curved, only the glass.
    [�]imsorandomNote 5 32GB[S] 1 point 5 hours ago
    I held then side by side, if I remember correctly, it is thinner and shorter than my Note. In regards to the screen curve, you're right, it's just the glass.
    permalinkparent
    It's AMOLED and we know it from a long time. And looks it's made the same as the S6 edge.
    New Hands On photos of Priv Show Slim Profile!!-371467d1442370429t-blackberry-slider-parts-leak-co_ucfiweaay3jq.png

The guy probabily didn't see well, because for sure the display is curved, Jonh Chen said it already, and you can tell by the videos and photos leaked. Here you can see it's curved, just a little bit like the S6 edge, but less than the Note Edge. Looking at this picture the only way the glass was curved but the panel not, would be if there was a gap between the panel and the glass, wich would look silly, like phones 10 years ago.
    New Hands On photos of Priv Show Slim Profile!!-372646d1442615986t-does-slider-have-curved-screen-venice-edge.jpg
    10-09-15 12:59 PM
    Can't curve an LCD without distortion, that alone should be proof it's AMOLED.

Unless of course you want a distorted screen so you can have it be LCD.
    10-09-15 01:04 PM
    Some more tidbits from the thread:

From a security standpoint, he explained that inside BB they have ratings for their devices when it comes to MDM and security. The BB10 OS devices are considered to be for Heavily Regulated and Government customers. The Priv is designed for Enterprise and iOS/KNOX and others would be just below the Priv as far as device hardening capabilities are concerned with their BES 12 MDM solution.
    He mentioned that the engineering teams at Blackberry and RIM were sitting beside each other in creating the device so Google has definitely known and has had hand in helping BB create this device.

He didn't know much about the specs. When I asked him about the SOC he said it was using the latest and fastest from Qualcomm. I asked him if that was the 810 but he wasn't sure of the model number, just what the engineering people told him.

Did you happen to ask him/do you know when they're releasing it or demoing it?

It will be out by the end of this month

That's amazingly thin! How tall and wide is the device footprint compared to your note? Sources have said the screen is smaller than the note's, but nothing about physical dimensions.

‎I don't know much about devices, but did it have gestures at all? i.e Swipe up to go home.

Not that I could tell. On the surface, it looked just like stock Android with the on screen buttons, app drawer, etc.
    Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 01:16 PM
    Can't curve an LCD without distortion, that alone should be proof it's AMOLED.

Unless of course you want a distorted screen so you can have it be LCD.
    the thing is that some people [somehow] still believe that the glass is curved, but the display behind it isn't. It's pretty clear, even in these later leaks that the glass AND display are both curved, that the amoled panel sits "flush" with the glass right across the edges. If we look closely, we can see the brown background in the coming along the edges

10-09-15 01:26 PM
    I held them side by side, if I remember correctly, it is thinner and shorter than my Note [5].
    The Galaxy Note 5 is 6.03 inches long and the Z30 is 5.53 inches. The Priv appears to be about midway between the two at about 5.7 inches.

As for thinness the Note 5 is only 0.30 inches thick and the Z30 is 0.37. The Priv appears to be about the same thickness as the Z30 at about 0.4 inches.
    10-09-15 01:58 PM
    ok so what do you class as new ?
    10-09-15 02:00 PM
    ok so what do you class as new ?
    The camera will def be "new" in my eyes because it's better than the current ones in blackberry phones and def better than the camera in the new iPhones that just came out. No need for a ridiculous amount of Ram that you will never use..so what exactly are you looking for in "new specs"?

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    10-09-15 02:12 PM
97 1234