Now that us patient Verizon users have finally started to get our Marshmallow update, I thought it might be handy to have a collection in one place of the features that are now open to us. If you know of anything, big or small, please post here:

I'll start:

Google Now On Tap

Google Now On Tap allows for contextual information from Google Now related to the contents of the screen you are currently on by long pressing the home softkey. For example, if you are reading an email about a booking for a restaurant and long press the home softkey, it can show information about the venue.

Click for more info from Google
    FF22, sreidenb and john_v like this.
    11-08-16 03:33 PM
    • Doze - When your device is at rest, Doze automatically puts it into a sleep state. So your phone can still set off your alarm in the morning even if you forgot to charge it. Phew!
    • App Standby - No more battery drain from seldom used apps: App Standby limits their impact on battery life so your charge lasts longer.
    • Permissions your way - No need to give apps access all the time. Android Marshmallow lets you define what you want to share and when. Turn permissions off at any time, too.
    • Improved Cut and Paste - After you highlight a piece of text in Marshmallow, the cut/paste/search options float over the text rather than at the top of the screen as they did in previous incarnations. It's a lot easier to work with.
    • Voice Search Directly From the Lock Screen - Previously, only tasks like camera or emergency calls were available from the lock screen without a password, but Marshmallow places Google voice search a mere swipe away—no log-in required.
    11-08-16 03:41 PM
    Not a special feature, but there was a new BlackBerry App which I never had access to before Marshmallow, called Watchdox. Anyone actually used it before?
    11-08-16 03:47 PM
    Not a special feature, but there was a new BlackBerry App which I never had access to before Marshmallow, called Watchdox. Anyone actually used it before?
    You need to pay a subscription fee. It's secure cloud storage from BlackBerry.

"WatchDox by BlackBerry is a modern, highly secure file management platform that enables effortless, multi-OS synchronization and sharing. WatchDox solutions limit the risk for data loss or theft by embedding Digital Rights Management (DRM) security into each individual file, so your content remains secure and within your control, even after it is downloaded and shared outside of your organization."
    FF22, zephyr613 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    11-08-16 03:49 PM
    Don't forget about the additional camera features.
    russnash likes this.
    11-08-16 04:18 PM
    You need to pay a subscription fee. It's secure cloud storage from BlackBerry.

"WatchDox by BlackBerry is a modern, highly secure file management platform that enables effortless, multi-OS synchronization and sharing. WatchDox solutions limit the risk for data loss or theft by embedding Digital Rights Management (DRM) security into each individual file, so your content remains secure and within your control, even after it is downloaded and shared outside of your organization."
    Is that an Enterprise app or is it available to anyone?
    11-09-16 09:57 AM
    Is that an Enterprise app or is it available to anyone?
    Anyone can get it, but it doesn't make much sense for an individual. It's very much about collaboration tools.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-09-16 10:17 AM
    Anyone can get it, but it doesn't make much sense for an individual. It's very much about collaboration tools.
    That's what I thought. Thanks.
    11-09-16 10:38 AM
    I checked into WatchDox for my business. However, at $15/month/user, I'll find another solution for secured doc sharing.
    11-10-16 03:31 AM
    How do you enable App Standby? Any other features available related to Apps that can extend battery life?
    11-10-16 05:16 AM
    Does Doze need enabled or is this something that works without any settings?
    bluesqueen23 and Viscomi4444 like this.
    11-10-16 09:07 AM
    [QUOTE=Bla1ze;12659425][LIST][*]Doze - When your device is at rest, Doze automatically puts it into a sleep state. So your phone can still set off your alarm in the morning even if you forgot to charge it. Phew![*]App Standby - No more battery drain from seldom used apps: App Standby limits their impact on battery life so your charge lasts longer.

So how do I enable App Standby?
    11-10-16 09:17 AM
    So how do I enable App Standby?
    From what I under stand it is enabled automatically. Apps default to standby unless it has an foreground process active, you launch the app, or the app gives you a notification. Standby really affects the apps that you hardly ever use. But for bloat that you can't uninstall and don't want to use, you're better off just disabling those.
    11-10-16 09:26 AM
    Does Doze need enabled or is this something that works without any settings?
    Doze is enabled automatically when you leave your device sitting unplugged with the screen off for about 30 minutes. It then shifts into Doze mode to prevent the battery from being drained.

You can exempt apps from Doze but it's not really recommended. Doze is found under Settings > Battery > Overflow (3 dots) > Battery Optimization

zephyr613 likes this.
    11-10-16 09:34 AM
    Thank you, Johnv
    john_v likes this.
    11-10-16 09:48 AM
    I checked into WatchDox for my business. However, at $15/month/user, I'll find another solution for secured doc sharing.
    That's not all that bad... I had looked at it a while back and it was crazy how much they wanted for a small company. And there were no "individual" plans... seems like there was a 20 user minimum or something and I taught their was an overall fee to.

But then I imagine their "market" is not companies or users where $15 is all that much for a secure file sharing solution....
    11-10-16 12:03 PM