Last edited by Elite1; 03-03-15 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Replaced [URL] tags with [IMG]
    03-03-15 03:17 AM
    A large portrait slider is definitely a niche device. Has any of these ever really caught on? The last one that I remember was that Dell one that practically disappeared after it was launched.
    Maxxxpower and Thesmartmale like this.
    03-03-15 03:17 AM
    A large portrait slider is definitely a niche device. Has any of these ever really caught on? The last one that I remember was that Dell one that practically disappeared after it was launched.
    More innovative than just mindlessly hoping an identikit all-touch would convert people from ios/android though.

It is not like anyone has actually tried one in this era of huge phones either.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    03-03-15 03:19 AM
    When will this slider be released in the wild?

 PassportSQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2480
    They said 2015... so sometime in May or June of 2016, unless you're in the USA, which will be November of 2016.
    03-03-15 03:20 AM
    For previous Torch users, was weight balance much of an issue? It seems with this being so long, balance might be an issue, but obviously they have their prototype done and seem to be happy with it...
    03-03-15 03:21 AM
    For previous Torch users, was weight balance much of an issue? It seems with this being so long, balance might be an issue, but obviously they have their prototype done and seem to be happy with it...
    It was just the screen that slid with the Torch so the balance of it was fine and presumably they will have done likewise this time round, albeit it will be a tougher task with a larger screen.
    03-03-15 03:24 AM
    Torch 9810 was a dream to work on. I came from a Bold 9700 to my 9810 and it was just perfectly weighted. Now, the top row of keys seemed harder to type on, but I won't even worry about that on this NEW phone because I'll probably use the Virtual Keyboard most of the time anyway.
    03-03-15 03:25 AM
    Woop!

Check Out TechCraze
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    03-03-15 03:26 AM
    Man we really need some better pictures! It's crazy, how can blackberry announce a cool new device that everyone is interested in, and not release any decent photos..
    03-03-15 03:30 AM
    Torch 9810 was a dream to work on. I came from a Bold 9700 to my 9810 and it was just perfectly weighted. Now, the top row of keys seemed harder to type on, but I won't even worry about that on this NEW phone because I'll probably use the Virtual Keyboard most of the time anyway.
    My biggest issue with the torch is that they compromised on the size of it's keyboard compared with the 9900 that was vastly superior to use.
    03-03-15 03:32 AM
    Woooooooo!!!!!! Curved display though... wonder if they had partnership with Samsung in this...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016
    03-03-15 03:34 AM
    My biggest issue with the torch is that they compromised on the size of it's keyboard compared with the 9900 that was vastly superior to use.
    Ya, that's kind of what I meant. It was a little cramped up top, but the BALANCE was just perfect.
    Conan69 likes this.
    03-03-15 03:35 AM
    Exactly my thoughts. Blackberry needs full-touch devices for the average user and Bold-like devices (please not old stuff like the Classic) for the old-fashioned BB user. Everything else (Passport, Slider) will not sell.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    03-03-15 03:36 AM
    You can't blame the keyboard for the failure of the Dell, Dell's full touch models also failed. Even when blackberry was at it's peak a lot of keyboard devies by other manufacturers failed. I agree that this device would be a niche, but a very large niche. Because for business people or anyone really serious about messaging, it will be superior. When you are typing on the keyboard you now have SO much more screen real estate free for viewing the text.
    03-03-15 03:45 AM
    I agree that this device would be a niche, but a very large niche.
    Just like Passport?
    03-03-15 03:49 AM
    Exactly my thoughts. Blackberry needs full-touch devices for the average user and Bold-like devices (please not old stuff like the Classic) for the old-fashioned BB user.
    Which is why they announced The Leap (target is Average User who wants full touch), more options to the Classic, (you say you want a Bold-like Device, well dude, that IS EXACTLY what the Classic is), and a mix of the two with the Slider for people who want a big screen but ALSO a keyboard. What more could you ask for?
    03-03-15 03:49 AM
    Being a Pre user this is definitely an awesome announcement.
    03-03-15 03:50 AM
    Exactly my thoughts. Blackberry needs full-touch devices for the average user and Bold-like devices (please not old stuff like the Classic) for the old-fashioned BB user. Everything else (Passport, Slider) will not sell.
    I agree, except for the Passport which I think can succeed. It has at least drawn quite some attention.

I am a bit disappointed with the BlackBerry press conference at MWC2015.
    I understand that all the Torch fans here go crazy about the slider but I have never been a slider guy and I actually doubt that this device will be successful, but let's wait and see.

Then Classic colors, that's nice but I expected them to be introduced at MWC2015 so nothing too exciting either.

The only thing that might be interesting to me is the Keian but we don't have any information about the device yet. I hope it will be a full 4-row qwerty phone in a nice design.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:50 AM
    looks a bit thick doesn't it?
    ominaxe likes this.
    03-03-15 03:56 AM
    I'll buy it wooohoo

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on 4G Altel network
    Tim Heard likes this.
    03-03-15 03:56 AM
    Which is why they announced The Leap (target is Average User who wants full touch)
    The average user doesn't want a device with hardware from 2012 selling for $275. BB10 users don't want a downgrade from Z30.

more options to the Classic, (you say you want a Bold-like Device, well dude, that IS EXACTLY what the Classic is)
    Classics is totally underspeced and overprice with its 2012 hardware.

And a mix of the two with the Slider for people who want a big screen but ALSO a keyboard. What more could you ask for?
    These kind of devices never sold as the are a bad compromise. Too heavy and thick compared to full touch devices and a worse keyboard than Bold-like devices.
    03-03-15 03:57 AM
    That phone is gansta. Take my cash, please!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:58 AM
    Is this supposed to be the hybrid or is that still coming?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 04:00 AM
    Yep. They don't seem to have built that 1+3 rows slide/ flip open keyboard they have a patent on.

Unless they demoed a dummy / decoy just for the sake of showing something.

 Q5 / Z30
    03-03-15 04:00 AM
    Vast Majority Of Us Would Prefer A Thicker Smartphone If It Meant A Better Battery
    coloibarra and Tim-ANC like this.
    03-03-15 04:03 AM
629 1234 ...