I'm. GIDDY Can't. Wait for this beast to come out!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The next Porsche Design Blackberry, I can't wait for that too!
    anon(870071) likes this.
    03-20-15 10:50 AM
    If the Leap is not the successor to the Z30, who is it meant for then?

Posted via CB10
    I think that the Leap is designed for enterprise customers who need a low-cost corporate fleet phone and are looking for a BB10 all-touch form factor.

The Slider seems to be the flagship Z30 follow-up. So far, there have been no announcements about a true BB flagship all-touch device slated for 2015, and Chen said that the Leap will be the only BlackBerry all-touch this year.
    03-20-15 11:05 AM
    Who's gonna be the one to ask if they can get the OS on their Torch....

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 11:09 AM
    I happen to have a white Lumia 920 right here. (Wife's phone)
    Attachment 338456
    The phones are white and rectangular, those are pretty much the only similarities I can see from that picture. (to the other guy)

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 02:58 PM
    If the Leap is not the successor to the Z30, who is it meant for then?

Posted via CB10
    Seems to me like a.. Z3 successor?

Who's gonna be the one to ask if they can get the OS on their Torch....

Posted via CB10
    Already been asked a long while ago

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-20-15 03:14 PM
    BlackBerry is no going to make everybody happy. Just leave the pkb hidden and enjoy the latest and greatest.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-22-15 01:25 PM
    I've never owned a BB with a physical keyboard and Passport, while magnificent, is probably too big for me. If this device lives up to the hype, BBRY might just have to shut up and take my money.
    The Passport isn't that big. The Slider should be significantly bigger as are most top-selling smartphones today. If you take the Passport and place it up against an iPhone 6 plus, you'll see that they are pretty much the same width, but the iPhone is much taller. Basically, people on here who talk about the Passport being too big to sell have no idea what they are talking about. Most are using a Z10, which is too small to sell today and was even a little small when it came out. It's weird.

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    03-22-15 03:13 PM
    The Passport isn't that big. The Slider should be significantly bigger as are most top-selling smartphones today. If you take the Passport and place it up against an iPhone 6 plus, you'll see that they are pretty much the same width, but the iPhone is much taller. Basically, people on here who talk about the Passport being too big to sell have no idea what they are talking about. Most are using a Z10, which is too small to sell today and was even a little small when it came out. It's weird.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport is a half-inch wider than the 6 Plus (3.56" vs. 3.06"), which is considered a very big phone. It's nearly an entire inch wider than the more traditionally-sized iPhone 6, at 2.64" wide, which outsells the 6 Plus three-to-one. I love my Passport, but it is most definitely a big phone.

Edit: To give a rough estimate as to how this will compare to the Slider, the Galaxy S6 edge with which it likely shares a display is 2.76" wide.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-22-15 11:56 PM
    The Passport isn't that big.
    The Passport has a totally awkward design that is quite the opposite of an ergonomic design. That's why it doesn't sell.
    03-23-15 03:59 AM
    I'm. GIDDY Can't. Wait for this beast to come out!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Hmmm........keeping options open for this one. Not looking for nor expecting specs that will make the other platforms be in awe of the device. As long as the device is well put together and specs are in the ballpark with other devices, I'll consider it. Has to be at least comparable to this beast of a workhorse I'm on now. When it comes to BlackBerry, expectations should be realistic. That way whether the new Slider turns out to be more than expected, more of the same, or less than expected, no one is totally disappointed. "Still riding the BlackBerry wave for as long as it last."

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    MarsupilamiX, Tim-ANC and JeepBB like this.
    03-23-15 10:05 AM
    "Still riding the BlackBerry wave for as long as it last."

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    Well put. My practice as well. Looked grim until BB10 came out.
    Blacklatino and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-24-15 09:08 AM
    Thread is kinda long but when is the device "expected" to be released?

Posted with my amazing Z10
    03-28-15 10:18 AM
    Thread is kinda long but when is the device "expected" to be released?

Posted with my amazing Z10
    Long? Try following one of the leaked OS threads. Lots of useless babble there. (dang, now I'm babbling too.)
    MarsupilamiX, JeepBB and ikalinin like this.
    03-28-15 11:03 AM
    Long? Try following one of the leaked OS threads. Lots of useless babble there. (dang, now I'm babbling too.)
    BlackBerry Central/Dhabkirk said it's expected to release around June

Posted via CB10
    DJM626, MarsupilamiX and dgreatez like this.
    03-28-15 11:57 AM
    Does that seem like a trackpad and phone buttons or just soft buttons in the pic?
    Hopefully capacitive keyboard like the passport !!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 12:50 PM
    BlackBerry Central/Dhabkirk said it's expected to release around June

Posted via CB10
    That would be awesome, but I am doubtful it'll be that soon. Especially for US carriers. Verizon better get this, since they don't have the Passport...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 06:15 PM
    If Verizon does not support this phone upon release then I'm jumping to AT and T. I think all the phones should be available on any carrier. I'm not tied to Verizon anymore as I don't like being under contract and at anyone's mercy for two years.

The last several Blackberries I've purchased, I've done so on my own

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 06:38 PM
    It's not June... very very doubtful as there would be more details and FCC stuff...

Well maybe June 2016

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-28-15 07:17 PM
    It's not June... very very doubtful as there would be more details and FCC stuff...

Well maybe June 2016

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it seems June is a little bit way too early of a guesstimate.. there's no FCC filings, no info at all..

BlackBerry learning from their mistakes and at least advertising a little bit prior is more like it. They did more for the Passport, so I'd expect at least to see that much ramp-up, though I'd really hope for BlackBerry to do more.

I've been thinking and I'd love to see them do like a morph of the old Torch to the new Slider or something

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-28-15 08:56 PM
    Copy+Paste of Jeeps posting from the FY2015 thread to stay on topic:

I predict that the slider (if released at all this year) will not be a flagship, nor have stellar specs. It'll be designed with "good enough" Leap'ish specs that are targeted to meet the price/performance criteria of the IT Dept buyers at which it will be aimed.
    I don't think so. The only available dual curved screen has a 2560x1440 resolution. That means we can rule out another S4 device. I predict it to have a Snapdragon 801 as Passport drivers can be used or a Samsung SoC as the device looks a bit like a S6 Edge Slider.
    03-29-15 05:12 AM
    Copy+Paste of Jeeps posting from the FY2015 thread to stay on topic:

I don't think so. The only available dual curved screen has a 2560x1440 resolution. That means we can rule out another S4 device. I predict it to have a Snapdragon 801 as Passport drivers can be used or a Samsung SoC as the device looks a bit like a S6 Edge Slider.
    At the risk of re-quoting myself ...

Can't see this slider as being high-end. It doesn't need to be because it's not aimed at consumers, to whom specs are often important, but at enterprise IT buyers; who are much more interested in bang/buck ratio.

It's the last piece of the Classic/Leap set that is designed to appeal to enterprise buyers. The model in each category is to cover all bases.

It may indeed have a better screen than the Leap but, taking the device as a whole, overall it'll be "good enough", no more.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 03-29-15 at 05:56 AM.
    03-29-15 05:35 AM
    At the risk of re-quoting myself ...

Can't see this slider as being high-end. It doesn't need to be because it's not aimed at consumers, to whom specs are often important, but at enterprise IT buyers; who are much more interested in bang/buck ratio.

It's the last piece of the Classic/Leap set that is designed to appeal to enterprise buyers. The model in each category is to cover all bases.

It may indeed have a better screen than the Leap but, taking the device as a whole, overall it'll be "good enough", no more.
    If that's the case, then no one will buy it. I guarantee that if this is the case, it'll have very bad sales. The majority of people that are getting this device are people that want a high end touch screen device and they're compromising by keeping the keyboard. But if this device isn't high end, then they'll either switch to apple or Samsung or just skip it and wait for next year's high end device

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 06:28 AM
    Just imagine if it has a touch sensitive keyboard like BlackBerry Passport...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 06:50 AM
    If that's the case, then no one will buy it. I guarantee that if this is the case, it'll have very bad sales.
    Not entirely true.

Certainly not many ordinary consumers would buy it, but Chen has made little secret of the fact that ordinary consumers aren't his focus. Corporate IT buyers might buy it, to offer their people a choice of form-factors, if it was "good enough". Very few IT department heads would pay for what I suspect they'd regard as gold-plating ... top-end processor, huge RAM, etc. ... but they'd buy into a value proposition easily enough.

The majority of people that are getting this device are people that want a high end touch screen device and they're compromising by keeping the keyboard.
    There may be buyers who would consider buying the slider as a compromise device in lieu of a full-touch, but I think you underestimate the considerable number of Torch-fans who would buy this device for preference.

But if this device isn't high end, then they'll either switch to apple or Samsung or just skip it and wait for next year's high end device
    And, we're back to consumers.

While I'm sure Chen is happy to take consumer money, consumers are not his intended target for any of these devices. And if enterprise doesn't buy into these devices in a BIG way.... there'll be no "next year's high end device". Chen is done chasing the consumer market. He simply can't compete in that space.
    03-29-15 07:55 AM
    It will be high end and also its possible it may be out in June Remember what Chen said about leaks?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:57 AM
629 ... 2223242526