I want this phone in a brushed aluminum finish....

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:37 AM
    4GB RAM please...do we have to be so far behind everytime?
    I'm think 8GB for good measure.

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30
    03-04-15 02:41 AM
    I'm think 8GB for good measure.

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30

U must be kidding

CB10 - Q10
    03-04-15 02:48 AM
    I want this phone in a brushed aluminum finish....

Posted via CB10
    I want it in red and black

CB10 - Q10
    sanjk1 likes this.
    03-04-15 02:49 AM
    Looks promising though. We'll see.

Q5 SQR 100-1
    03-04-15 03:08 AM
    Looks promising though. We'll see.

Q5 SQR 100-1
    It does look promising, but I'm always afraid that BlackBerry will find a way to mess things up. In this case, the danger area is battery. With pressures to make the device as compact as possible, along with the spacial demands of a physical slider, I think that a smaller area might be available for the battery, leading to a Z10-style poor battery life disaster!

If the battery life is good and there are no big trade-offs that come along with the slider aspect, then I think that the phone could do better than some other recent BlackBerry attempts. The hardware and software link-up between BlackBerry and Samsung should at least net us better screens and more modern specs.

My big hope is that the reconciliation talks between T-Mobile and BlackBerry lead to this device being offered in-store at US locations.
    03-04-15 03:21 AM
    MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN. BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    03-04-15 03:30 AM
    I had the 9860 previously, and if this slider is not any thicker than that and has Passport's specs and Z30's screen size - nothing extra ordinary, but works for me - then I'd get it!

 Q5 / Z30
    03-04-15 04:03 AM
    I just wish Blackberry wasn't so damn slow to market all the time. It will probably take 6 months min before we see this slider in stores, compare that to every other phone maker who announce a product and it's available in a week. Between the original announce and the launch, blackberry products become already outdated. Is there something fundamentally different about Blackberry products that prevent them from shipping faster?..
    03-04-15 04:21 AM
    I just wish Blackberry wasn't so damn slow to market all the time. It will probably take 6 months min before we see this slider in stores, compare that to every other phone maker who announce a product and it's available in a week. Between the original announce and the launch, blackberry products become already outdated. Is there something fundamentally different about Blackberry products that prevent them from shipping faster?..
    Nothing different with the products but certainly with the folks making them ;-)

Maybe they always had manpower shortage, who knows.

It's BlackBerry culture and history, most old time users know and accept this or just move on

 Q5 / Z30
    03-04-15 04:30 AM
    What do you need a trackpad for with a touchscreen phone?

Is there a trackpad? And a menu button? I can't quite make it out from the image.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:31 AM
    What do you need a trackpad for with a touchscreen phone?
    There were so many long, interesting and amusing 'discussions' about this (in various forums on CB) when the Classic was announced/ launched.

Some folks just don't get the gestures, some don't want to get/ use the gestures, some have atypical usage situations.

 Q5 / Z30
    Last edited by gvs1341; 03-04-15 at 04:50 AM.
    03-04-15 04:35 AM
    How it it slow if it takes 6 months?
    Honestly, for better sales, a mid October release is probably ideal. Maybe early October, giving players like AT&T another month or so to get it out in time for the holiday shopping.
    We're talking about completing development on and then testing a totally new device. That means it has to be tested on every provider network, as well as on many major apps to make sure there's nothing about it that causes crashes.
    Then because of the form factor, there may be some additional testing.
    If they roll this phone out this year it will be amazing.
    You could argue that they should have waited another month or so for the announcement, but I agree with others about keeping Blackberry in the news in a positive light. Instead of people talking about a few glitches in the OS update, they're talking about this!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:45 AM
    I loved my 9810 torch, and would definitely purchase this BB10 slider. One thing that is not commented on, is that the keyboard appears to have the Q5 like keys, so the double typing concern should be minimized. I have had the Z10, Q10, and now the Z30, so would like the larger screen size, with the physical keyboard. To me, a perfect device!
    03-04-15 05:16 AM
    I make it 13
    No, I already counted you, you're included within the 12

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:31 AM
    Sorry, but it's time to trot out the tired old CrackBerry car metaphor.

Imagine if one company made sedans. Really nice sedans. Successful sedans. Market dominating sedans.

So every company started making sedans, and ultimately, stopped making everything else. You would go to the dealer and ask for a truck, a jeep, an SUV, or a sporty little coupe, and they would say, "Sorry, we don't do that anymore, but you can have a nice sedan."

Now imagine that every major automaker did this and lost money on those sedans. But they kept on building sedans and only sedans.

So one company says, "would you like a truck? How about a Jeep?" Do you think consumers and automotive journalists would all say, "WTF? Why are they making anything but sedans? Where's this year's sedan? I want my luxury sedan, dammit! Jeeps are so last year...."
    Congratulations you just made the worst relevance ever!

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    03-04-15 05:37 AM
    ...except this wasn't an announcement. I'd liken this more to a teaser trailer for an upcoming movie than a real announcement. The device was simply shown off. No name was given, no other details at all. All we saw is what it looks like. The announcement was for the Leap.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    03-04-15 05:51 AM
    How would such a phone as you describe stand out from the dozens of others that are churned out by android oems though, while this device may not sound exactly what some people are after, it offers something different and will get attention from more than just z10/z30 owners wanting an upgrade.

The problem BB have is that while some want the me-too identikit 5" all-touch, one of those running BB10 won't sell in sufficient numbers to make carriers show an interest and BB simply cannot afford to have hw projects that do not pay their own way nowadays.
    It's simple, make it cost as much as the passport costs!

Do you think a full touch screen wouldn't sell as much as the passport did? That's all they could do, at least try to keep the people from running away because they don't have a full touch screen device to upgrade to!

People will leave!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:51 AM
    I think the slider should be fashioned after the passport, working wide with a pop up keyboard

Z10
    03-04-15 06:02 AM
    You're welcome to your opinion. That said, this thread has lit up with enthusiastic comments, and we have filled up 14 pages of comments in less than a day. You had stated that nobody wants a slider, and I simply stated that you are incorrect. A lot of people would love a slider phone. This is somewhat similar to the Passport discussion. I was one of the people who thought the beta versions of the phone looked horrific. And I wasn't enthralled (and am still not) with the virtual row of keys. That said, the reaction tot he Passport has been far more positive than people expected it to be.
    I personally think that there are a lot of business users who love having a full touchscreen phone that isn't a square, and were hesitant to try out the Passport, but they loved having a keyboard, and would be very open to trying out a slider phone like this. I actually spoke to someone yesterday who was talking about how much she missed her keyboard when she saw my Passport.
    Sure, I get it that some people only want a slab phone, and the less exciting part of yesterday's news was that another slab phone is coming out.
    I'd be willing to bet a high end slab will get released early next year too, probably after the media excitement over the slider phone dies down.
    Anyway, to be clear, I *am* speaking for myself, and lots of other people who are excited about this new phone. That's all. Wasn't implying that slab phones were bad, or that your opinion doesn't matter. Just saying that your assumption that nobody (or not many people) will want the slider phone is an opinion that doesn't seem to match the enthusiastic responses that the news has generated.
    The 14 pages of comments had a large amount of people wanting a full touch screen and others asking what's the use of a curved display, which in my opinion is just a gimmick or a show off!

I didn't say no one wanted a slider, I said the amount of people wanting a full touch is way more than people wanting a slider.

Will a person change his mind and buy a slider if he likes it? Maybe, why not, but the majority will still want a full touch simply because they are two different phones

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:11 AM
    You know after owning the pearl, curve, 9800, 9810, and finally the 9900, can we just do away with the toolbelt? Its time and place is long gone, same as BBOS. With modern touchscreens, a trackpad and the redundant call and end buttons are absolutely useless(tap a button instead of tapping whats already on the screen? Come on now admit it!).

After owning both sliders and having friends own them, sliders are a nice touch for those that want the best of both worlds(touchscreen and KB), but the sliding mechanism is the biggest fail point in these types of devices and typically never last as long as they claim they can. I know I have personally seen all 6 of the 9800 and 9810 I know of, have the sliding mechanism eventually break long before the phone was ready to retire.

While I am happy they have at the very least announced a new device and not a buyout opportunity, sliders are more of a niche market then the passport was/is.
    03-04-15 06:14 AM
    The Slider could satisfy the needs or wants of both the slider group and the all-touch group if it sports a touch screen keyboard along with the slider keyboard. It would be the best of both worlds.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-04-15 06:18 AM
    The Slider could satisfy the needs or wants of both the slider group and the all-touch group if it sports a touch screen keyboard along with the slider keyboard. It would be the best of both worlds.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    Provided it's thin and light enough and does not compromise on the battery. Tough, but not impossible.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-04-15 06:30 AM
    Imagine BlackBerry making a 5" touch screen 2k or 4K if it's even possible, 4GB ram, 32 GB memory, Octa-core processor, 20 MP camera that beats Apple and Sony, 3500 mah battery, best possible GPU and finally make it thin, not so thin but thin

And make it cost as much as the passport costs

Wouldn't that grab people's attention? BlackBerry fans or not

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-04-15 06:35 AM
    if itt has 3GB of RAM with atleast an option to have 32GB internal memory with support up to 128GB micro SD, then Im definately backing this

Posted via Q10 on Simple Mobile
    03-04-15 06:38 AM
629 ... 1617181920 ...