Wow. Nice megapost.
    Going to try to address your question to me.
    First, I never said anything about millions of users, but I do think it's more reasonable assume to think a slider phone will attract converts than a slab phone.
    I just don't see any compelling evidence of a demand from people who currently own slab phones and are using them at work or home for something that's similar, but not what they are used to.
    * iPhone users? Not likely.
    * Windows phone users with a more user friendly OS that's going to be even more integrated with Windows 10? Probably not.
    * Android, the most popular brand out there, with their massive app selection? Unlikely, especially as BES12 rolls out.

A slider phone is at least significantly different.

With respect to the 500 diehard Crackberry fans, any number of examples can be used to illustrate that a vocal minority is at least somewhat representative of larger numbers of people who aren't posting online, or calling and voicing their opinions.
    There seem to be even less people who are calling for a high end slab, and they are by far less energetic about it. Some of them may be satisfied with the soon-to-be-released slab phone.

Posted via CB10
    I mostly disagree with your post.
    But not because you said something stupid. Much rather because I see the market in a different light.
    The incredibly vast majority of all touch users, doesn't have any interests in keyboards or sliders. With a slab phone, BlackBerry has a competing offering for those out there who aren't brand loyal ("competing" is an euphemism here. BlackBerry doesn't exactly have the greatest ecosystem and app store).

With a slider, BlackBerry has... Another strange form-factor the entire market has completely rejected since the OG Droid.
    I personally love sliders. I'll pre-order that phone from Amazon the day I can.
    But... Let's be honest, sliders sell even less than pure keyboard phones. And they already sell damn badly.

In every poll/from what most devs say (in the BlackBerry/CrackBerry World), it's obvious that people prefer the all touch over every other form-factor.
    If it's a high-end device, or a good mid-range device, probably isn't that important. We do know however, that Z10/Z30 users don't have an upgrade path. The Leap is not an upgrade. It's a Z30 with extended warranty for 250$.

So, if you personally have the impression that people on here don't demand a high-end device that much, it's probably because those have decided to move onto other platforms, instead of playing the waiting game.
    I think that this is much more of a reason, than people not wanting one. "We" just accepted that BlackBerry won't produce a phone for "us" (well, they gave me a slider. But I'm not 99.9% of the market).
    pakcikkayo likes this.
    03-03-15 07:58 PM
    A slider will always be bulkier or heaver or have a smaller battery than the same device without a keyboard would be as it has to be placed somewhere. Blackberry can't bypass physics.
    The torch wasn't much heavier or thicker than the bold. It's all in the design and engineering
    pakcikkayo likes this.
    03-03-15 08:18 PM
    Is there a video announcement? A speach? A presentation? Or was it just something they threw in during a private confrence and someone took a picture of it?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:35 PM
    news flash:

this slider IS a full slab device that also has a keyboard.

Is this fact lost on the anti-slider types?

The device looks relatively thin based on the white device pictured.

The screen size is hard to gauge without knowing the size of the gentleman's hand.

Regrettably, I don't see a toolbelt: I figure if you're going to do something like this, go all the way: take a full slab, add the keyboard for the additional utility that a PKB provides: then nudge the screen up about 7 mm and put the toolbelt on... not to do so seems like going to disneyland and not going through the Haunted Mansion.
    Enough with the tool belt. The classic is enough, it's time to move on.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:40 PM
    The torch wasn't much heavier or thicker than the bold. It's all in the design and engineering
    The 9810 was over 30 grams (160 gram weight) heavier and 4 mm thicker than the Bold 9900. Bold was 4 mm taller and wider than the 9810. Z30 is 1 mm thinner than 9900 and 170g.I can't see a modern slider being thinner than 13mm without sacrificing device durability.

Posted via CB10
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    03-03-15 08:47 PM
    That white one is sexy as hell. I might get it.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 
    03-03-15 08:54 PM
    anyone knows????????^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It's supposed to replace Passport as the next flagship phone, so one would assume it will be bigger, better, faster, cooler, monster.
    03-03-15 08:56 PM
    This is exactly what I wanted. Choo choooo hype trainnnn.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:00 PM
    Enough with the tool belt. The classic is enough, it's time to move on.

Posted via CB10
    Amen.

emPowered by 
    bjschey likes this.
    03-03-15 09:28 PM
    I hope it has the spring loaded keyboard like in the matrix, I would totally buy that phone.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 09:43 PM
    It's supposed to replace Passport as the next flagship phone, so one would assume it will be bigger, better, faster, cooler, monster.
    Really, well, I can't wait to see that...LOL...not happening
    03-03-15 09:58 PM
    Now to figure out how to get the Squircle on that sweet phone.

BB10 Slider GET IN MY HAND!!!!

10.3.1 "sniff" kills the Pepple and other batteries
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    03-03-15 10:27 PM
    Unless BlackBerry breaks from their pattern, I'm thinking this phone would have similar specs to the Passport. Snapdragon 801 & Adreno 330... Or maybe a Snapdragon 805 & Adreno 420 if it comes out in 2016...

Unless this phone truly is developed in a partnership with Samsung, in which case it very well could have some variant of Galaxy S6 specs.
    03-03-15 10:27 PM
    I just hope the phone isn't too big, especially when you consider that the keyboard slides too, the pictures make it look unwieldy. I would love to finally have a blackberry with the gimmicks/features that the samsungs and iphones have, yes I can just get one of those, but BB10 is my favourite and that's what's most important at the end of the day. Would be great to finally have both.

I just hope that in their effort to innovate and woo, that all their flagship devices are almost too new and hard take getting used to. The passport seems great but then you have to get accustomed to not using one hand, and this slider seems like you'll have to get accustomed to the height. If it's bigger than the Z30, I don't know what device I'll get next.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:51 PM
    Unless BlackBerry breaks from their pattern, I'm thinking this phone would have similar specs to the Passport. Snapdragon 801 & Adreno 330... Or maybe a Snapdragon 805 & Adreno 420 if it comes out in 2016...

Unless this phone truly is developed in a partnership with Samsung, in which case it very well could have some variant of Galaxy S6 specs.
    Assuming they simply repurposed the Galaxy S6 Edge's screen for this device we are looking at a 5.1 inch QHD display. You need a decent GPU to run that screen, I doubt they would use the passport hardware.
    03-03-15 11:23 PM
    I hope it has the spring loaded keyboard like in the matrix, I would totally buy that phone.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.2267
    Right, because THAT won't break too fast...
    03-03-15 11:27 PM
    Right, because THAT won't break too fast...
    Why would It do that? Just because every other spring-loaded device I have ever owned eventually broke with the springs popping out and was impossible to fix doesn't mean that blackberry can't get it right:-)
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-03-15 11:33 PM
    Assuming they simply repurposed the Galaxy S6 Edge's screen for this device we are looking at a 5.1 inch QHD display. You need a decent GPU to run that screen, I doubt they would use the passport hardware.
    The LG G3 sports a 5.5" QHD display, and runs an 801... So it's not completely out of the question.
    03-03-15 11:48 PM
    Well, we do agree that either cheap or poorly implemented slider phones sell badly. So if Blackberry does this, it needs to be done well.
    Again, with the business community in mind, I think this phone has a lot of potential.
    With respect to a slab phone, I'm not suggesting that Blackberry shouldn't release one that's awesome. I just think a slider phone is overdue, and probably should have been released instead of the Passport.
    If they're going to release the slider, a high end slab has to get pushed back in order to give the slider a good fighting chance. You shouldn't have two models release close together that potentially could erode the initial sales of one another.

I mostly disagree with your post.
    But not because you said something stupid. Much rather because I see the market in a different light.
    The incredibly vast majority of all touch users, doesn't have any interests in keyboards or sliders. With a slab phone, BlackBerry has a competing offering for those out there who aren't brand loyal ("competing" is an euphemism here. BlackBerry doesn't exactly have the greatest ecosystem and app store).

With a slider, BlackBerry has... Another strange form-factor the entire market has completely rejected since the OG Droid.
    I personally love sliders. I'll pre-order that phone from Amazon the day I can.
    But... Let's be honest, sliders sell even less than pure keyboard phones. And they already sell damn badly.

In every poll/from what most devs say (in the BlackBerry/CrackBerry World), it's obvious that people prefer the all touch over every other form-factor.
    If it's a high-end device, or a good mid-range device, probably isn't that important. We do know however, that Z10/Z30 users don't have an upgrade path. The Leap is not an upgrade. It's a Z30 with extended warranty for 250$.

So, if you personally have the impression that people on here don't demand a high-end device that much, it's probably because those have decided to move onto other platforms, instead of playing the waiting game.
    I think that this is much more of a reason, than people not wanting one. "We" just accepted that BlackBerry won't produce a phone for "us" (well, they gave me a slider. But I'm not 99.9% of the market).

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:53 PM
    Torch 9810 was a dream to work on. I came from a Bold 9700 to my 9810 and it was just perfectly weighted. Now, the top row of keys seemed harder to type on, but I won't even worry about that on this NEW phone because I'll probably use the Virtual Keyboard most of the time anyway.
    I had the torch before my bold loved it and my wife has only moved to the z30 from the torch she loved it as well
    03-04-15 12:48 AM
    Can someone explain what's the point with a curved display? Is there any advantage with it or just a show off that Samsung can create foldable displays?
    Everybody seems to forget that Microsoft and Nokia were the first to market the curved display. I've read on here that some posters were of the opinion that the phone would be made by samsung as the curved display belongs to them. Nonsense, unless samsung are building Nokias now. To the poster who thinks that the camera is at the bottom of the phone, can you please open your eyes. It's at the top. Clearly.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-04-15 12:48 AM
    How can you argue with that?? Didn't like it at first, but the more I look at it.......hmmm. I'd like one of those! My guess it is at least a 5 - 5.5" screen, he's not a small guy and would take at least 2 of his hands to cover the length. If this has a full virtual keyboard as well, i.e. Z30, it would just about cover all bases, full touch and a bonus physical keyboard. When you slide it open you have full screen viewing plus PKB, slide it shut and you have virtual keyboard on screen. My concerns are 1) battery capacity, being rather thin & slider mechanism taking up space, surely this will suffer. And 2) Protective case availability. In my line of work this is a definite requirement.
    But...... God damn, that is one sexy phone!!!

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    03-04-15 12:52 AM
    The torch was awesome but didn't feel premium. Even brand new, never mind after 2 years. If it's impeccable fit and finish I'll be interested.

Posted via CB10
    What?
    The best bbos I had is the torch! After that bold 4 9900

CB10 - Q10
    homer1475 and Doggerz like this.
    03-04-15 01:17 AM
    Is there a trackpad? And a menu button? I can't quite make it out from the image.
    03-04-15 01:54 AM
    probably QHD, 3GB Ram, Snapdragon 810, 32GB, and SD slot.
    4GB RAM please...do we have to be so far behind everytime?
    moegh likes this.
    03-04-15 01:54 AM
629 ... 1516171819 ...