Here is my question, who is building this slider phone. I ask this because of how cozy blackberry is getting with Samsung. They could partner with Sam to build phones and high end specks and leave the other devices to Foxconn
    Samsung could supply components, but they can't actually manufacture the phone - that would put them in violation of their OHA agreement - at least as long as BB includes the Android runtime in BB10. If it were removed, then Samsung could OEM for BB if they were able to make a deal to do so.
    03-03-15 05:13 PM
    anyone knows????????^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What do you mean.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:14 PM
    What do you mean.

Posted via CB10
    I suggested that it might come with some of the Leap's specs......some says no.............then I ask if anyone knows????

At the WMC it says showing a Blackberry slider...not a flagship Blackberry slider
    03-03-15 05:18 PM
    I suggested that it might come with some of the Leap's specs......some says no.............then I ask if anyone knows????

At the WMC it says showing a Blackberry slider...not a flagship Blackberry slider
    Dude, did you not read my first comment? Why would they put leap specs in this device!? It has many components from Samsung anyways

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:29 PM

This thread is basically all speculation, no one "knows" for sure. However, based on what was said about the roadmap, this is likely the dual curved slider flagship device mentioned.
    03-03-15 05:29 PM
    This thread is basically all speculation, no one "knows" for sure. However, based on what was said about the roadmap, this is likely the dual curved slider flagship device mentioned.
    Speculation? Hah, I "know"

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    03-03-15 05:32 PM
    Dude, did you not read my first comment? Why would they put leap specs in this device!? It has many components from Samsung anyways

Posted via CB10
    Dude, it's only appeared to be...for now
    03-03-15 05:33 PM
    It all depends on the balance of it while keyboard is out- and of course toolbelt will be awesome.

Glad I didn't order a classic as this is my fav form factor.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:33 PM
    Might as well order that classic, no one knows when this will be out!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:35 PM
    Speculation? Hah, I "know"

Posted via CB10
    Well, most of the people who know probably have signed NDA's...lol
    DaveyBoy71 likes this.
    03-03-15 05:37 PM
    03-03-15 05:37 PM
    Well, most of the people who know probably have signed NDA's...lol
    Well of course! Only bits & pieces are aloud out

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:40 PM
    Oh dear... oh d-d-d-dear... Grabber buying a BlackBerry???!!
    If Grabber buys one, I'm definitely in.... that way I can count on years of patches, even if everything goes to hell in a handbasket
    03-03-15 05:40 PM
    Well of course! Only bits & pieces are aloud out

Posted via CB10
    You know?! Please tell me more! You can private message me if you want to
    03-03-15 05:42 PM
    Wow. Nice megapost.
    Going to try to address your question to me.
    First, I never said anything about millions of users, but I do think it's more reasonable assume to think a slider phone will attract converts than a slab phone.
    I just don't see any compelling evidence of a demand from people who currently own slab phones and are using them at work or home for something that's similar, but not what they are used to.
    * iPhone users? Not likely.
    * Windows phone users with a more user friendly OS that's going to be even more integrated with Windows 10? Probably not.
    * Android, the most popular brand out there, with their massive app selection? Unlikely, especially as BES12 rolls out.

A slider phone is at least significantly different.

With respect to the 500 diehard Crackberry fans, any number of examples can be used to illustrate that a vocal minority is at least somewhat representative of larger numbers of people who aren't posting online, or calling and voicing their opinions.
    There seem to be even less people who are calling for a high end slab, and they are by far less energetic about it. Some of them may be satisfied with the soon-to-be-released slab phone.

Who are these million people?
    Were can I find them?
    Or do you mean the 500 regulars on different tech blogs, who still whine about the loss of their slider (me included)?

There's no market for a slider, if BlackBerry actually wants some growth. If they are happy with their 7 million phones a year, I actually don't even mind the slider.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 06:04 PM
    Woooooooo!!!!!! Curved display though... wonder if they had partnership with Samsung in this...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016
    They sure did have a partnership

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    03-03-15 06:17 PM
    They sure did have a partnership

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    I sure hope so otherwise we're becoming the new Apple - lawsuit anyone?
    03-03-15 06:29 PM
    They almost certainly do this with those carriers and the major global carrier groups, but the simple fact of the matter is that the two american carriers take far longer to approve new hardware than somebody like Vodafone since the latter and other european carrier groups use something called GCF certification as part of their hardware approval process and that gets completed prior to the final carrier testing.

BB cannot afford to have carriers ready to take and sell new devices while the american two sit around doing their own approvals, just look at the gap between everywhere else and AT&T launching the classic and passport, do you really think that they didn't get either of those at a fairly similar time as the rest of the world?
    There was definitely a disconnect with the Passport. IMO there should have only been one version. ATT evidently wasn't at the table from the beginning to say they didn't like the square design.

In terms of this slider phone, again, I have no issue with them releasing it. I'm glad the slider crowd is happy. I hope the device is done well, sells in boatloads, and can function as an all touch device easily. I agree that BB needs to differentiate. Again, it is a shame they don't have any representation in the segment of the market where 99% of device sales exist. Just bad business IMO.
    03-03-15 06:31 PM
    I'm all for a slider but I fear this is a little too big and uncomfortable to carry around in the pocket. I hope they offer two sizes: one for practical people and one for those "bigger is better" people.

Just today I saw a guy at a crosswalk holding a huge Samsung. He wasn't using it, it was just too damn big to put it in a pocket. That's just absurd. I want a communication device, not a book/portable TV I talk into.

If they made such a device that featured good form, I would buy it without question.

emPowered by 
    03-03-15 06:41 PM
    I'm all for a slider but I fear this is a little too big and uncomfortable to carry around in the pocket. I hope they offer two sizes: one for practical people and one for those "bigger is better" people.

Just today I saw a guy at a crosswalk holding a huge Samsung. He wasn't using it, it was just too damn big to put it in a pocket. That's just absurd. I want a communication device, not a book/portable TV I talk into.

If they made such a device that featured good form, I would buy it without question.

emPowered by 
    It seems to be either the same size as a Z30 or between a Z10+Z30, but thinner than both and then has the keyboard out the bottom! I don't think size will be an issue if that's the case

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    03-03-15 06:46 PM
    ...one for those "bigger is better" people.
    So basically girls and guys who like it big...hmmm if it means I don't need a tablet then why not
    03-03-15 07:13 PM
    Broke out the Dell Venue Pro just to have a point of reference when checking out pics. Can't wait for this now,,,
    03-03-15 07:25 PM
    news flash:

this slider IS a full slab device that also has a keyboard.

Is this fact lost on the anti-slider types?

The device looks relatively thin based on the white device pictured.

The screen size is hard to gauge without knowing the size of the gentleman's hand.

Regrettably, I don't see a toolbelt: I figure if you're going to do something like this, go all the way: take a full slab, add the keyboard for the additional utility that a PKB provides: then nudge the screen up about 7 mm and put the toolbelt on... not to do so seems like going to disneyland and not going through the Haunted Mansion.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 03-03-15 at 07:55 PM.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    03-03-15 07:29 PM
    The Torch was/is my all time favorite phone I had both models, time to start another slush fund for this baby! lol
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-03-15 07:35 PM
    Posted this elsewhere, going to add it here...

The icons look pretty much exactly the same as those in the picture here.
    BlackBerry finds key to revival chances | The Times
    Which I believe is the Leap, so I'm pretty certain it is BB10.

The thing is, the screen looks rather tall to me. That is assuming the part across the bottom is screen, and it certainly looks like it is in some of the pictures. So, I took the second picture from here. Which seems to be the straightest shot I could find.
    I straightened it out the best I could and drew a 16:9 box around the screen the best I could. Albeit the picture isn't perfectly straight on, but the result is interesting.

New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-hsdsxjp.jpg

I don't know, maybe its just my imagination, maybe its because it appears the sides are rounded off like the Galaxy S6, maybe its just the pictures, maybe I've had a Passport too long. When I first saw the Slider it looked like that black bar on the bottom was either buttons or extra screen.

The other picture is less convincing.
    New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-savufml.jpg
    One more for fun, the first picture I saw...
    New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-slider1.jpg
    03-03-15 07:51 PM
629 ... 1415161718 ...