When does it go on sale?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:42 PM
    FINALLY!

Blackberry has a phone that I would consider moving on to. I'm coming from Torch 9800 > Z10....really missed my slider...and the current options weren't really appealing to me. Was forcing myself to like the Z30..but wasn't really drawn to it.

THIS I INSTANTLY LIKE!
    Now if they would only release it in my lifetime and before my Z10 dies.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-03-15 01:45 PM
    Can't wait till we get more details about this phone!
    03-03-15 01:46 PM
    Totally off-topic, but who is the dude holding the phones in the press conference?

I do not mean to be negative, but it looks like amateur hour to have the first photos released ones like these. I mean, was it not possible to have the phones mounted on a stand or something?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:51 PM
    FINALLY!

Blackberry has a phone that I would consider moving on to.
    Now if they would only release it in my lifetime and before my Z10 dies.
    what do you mean before your Z dies.....It is QNX>>>>>Good for at least 10 years......
    trinichindian likes this.
    03-03-15 01:52 PM
    Totally off-topic, but who is the dude holding the phones in the press conference?

I do not mean to be negative, but it looks like amateur hour to have the first photos released ones like these. I mean, was it not possible to have the phones mounted on a stand or something?

Posted via CB10
    Ron Louks, President of Devices & Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry. The reason there are no better photos of the phone is likely because this is still an early prototype, and they don't want to divulge much more until they've finalized the details.
    03-03-15 01:53 PM
    I don't understand the curved display. It looks flat to me.

Posted via CB10
    A few pages back this was put forth,

New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    03-03-15 01:53 PM
    Pretty good device..You get full touch hi res touchscreen.And a keyboard as option.

Some pathetic comments on here.The universe just gave you a deal to have 2 wifes/girfriends and you still ********.Because of something .Smh kill yourself.

This is diverse phone and easily stands out in any phone crowd.Easily takes outsanding device ,design win.And yes people do like keyboards.Its what they type on near enough everyday if they work in office/businesses.Tactile feedback and keyboard is not their dislike.Its not liking blackberrys and having small screen to view on a phone.

If the OS had apps and they all worked this device would sell superbly.Its a Good device.Would I personally upgrade to this ,probably not.I want 5'5 inch high enough spec device.Plus this is amoled crap no doubt. LG's screens are far better ips/lcd/led just much better lighting for me.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 03-04-15 at 10:55 AM.
    03-03-15 01:55 PM
    I know people have been waiting for this.

I had a Torch 9800 myself. Although I used the PKB at first, I soon began using the VKB in SureType mode - the virtual condensed version of the Pearl 8100 PKB. The last 6 months that I had it, I switched it to full VKB, full time. To prepare myself for the transition to the Z10 I was waiting to get once AT&T offered the refurbished version.

How would you put a case on that thing? I remember the difficulty in finding a decent case for the Torch. It seemed every case had some issues and the better ones were very expensive. I just didn't bother. Luckily, my phone survived almost 3 years of drops and living in my pocket unprotected.

Now, this new device has curved screen edges? How do you protect that? I see many more cracked/ shattered screens in the future for both this slider and the Galaxy S6 curved screen edge version.

Posted via CB10
    Well, maybe, 3 years after you have this new slider in your pocket you'll once again say, humm, worried for nut'n.
    03-03-15 01:56 PM
    A few pages back this was put forth,
    The Note Edge had a more pronounced curve. This is likely a lot more similar to the Galaxy S6 edge, which has a more subtle curve on both sides:

New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-vyt00rntywnnqzvdft3b.jpg
    anon(55900) likes this.
    03-03-15 01:56 PM
    curved edges? not innovative
    sliding keyboard? not innovative

Unless I'm missing something, it's a good phone, but not innovative...
    A bit disappointed, my opinion only...
    The things you mention are all a bit innovative and add up to a product that overall is an innovative one, certainly more than your typical 5" all-touch android model that just ups its specs from its predecessor or the innovation of Apple to copy the rest of the market and make a bigger version of their phone.
    03-03-15 01:57 PM
    In these pics it really doesn't look as thick as some here are guessing, looks right nice to me.
    03-03-15 01:58 PM
    It looks like it would be very top heavy when using the PKB.
    Even so I'm glad to see BB developing more devices. There will be something for everyone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    If they balance it right, it won't be top heavy. Perfect example is the Pre3 I'm typing this on. It's not as big as that looks, but looking at the white one, the area that slides up is thinner and prob much lighter than the back half. I'd buy it if it's not too huge overall.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-03-15 02:02 PM
    A curved edge screen isn't innovative, it's gimmicky.
    03-03-15 02:03 PM
    In these pics it really doesn't look as thick as some here are guessing, looks right nice to me.
    That's why I'm prepared to wait and see. If they do this right it may make both sides happy.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 02:04 PM
    Nothing, I mean who the hell would want a full touch with Quad-core processor, 4 GB ram, 3500mah battery 32 GB memory , I mean they must be crazy for wanting that right? They should just keep buying the Z10 over and over again with just different names! Leap, Z3, Z30!

I'm really losing hope in this Chen guy!
    How would such a phone as you describe stand out from the dozens of others that are churned out by android oems though, while this device may not sound exactly what some people are after, it offers something different and will get attention from more than just z10/z30 owners wanting an upgrade.

The problem BB have is that while some want the me-too identikit 5" all-touch, one of those running BB10 won't sell in sufficient numbers to make carriers show an interest and BB simply cannot afford to have hw projects that do not pay their own way nowadays.
    03-03-15 02:05 PM
    probably QHD, 3GB Ram, Snapdragon 810, 32GB, and SD slot.
    QHD, absolutely, because there's an excellent chance that they're actually using Samsung's (not a bad thing at all). 3GB RAM? Who knows? Maybe even more. That's not so hard to add. Snapdragon 810? I'd love to see it but I admit I'm a little skeptical.

SD Slot? Ehhhh, I'm really worried about that one. Especially with the kind of packaging they'll need to make this work. Again, fingers crossed.
    Rello and LuvULongTime like this.
    03-03-15 02:06 PM
    A curved edge screen isn't innovative, it's gimmicky.
    Agreed. As long as it doesn't reduce my productivity though, I don't think I care about it either way.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Tim Heard and LuvULongTime like this.
    03-03-15 02:06 PM
    Agreed. As long as it doesn't reduce my productivity though, I don't think I care about it either way.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Just imagine that the black bit on the left side of the hub was accessible while still viewing emails, messages, etc full screen.

I think it's pretty productive.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-bla.jpg  
    03-03-15 02:16 PM
    Curved screen makes swiping to access the Hub easier though.
    03-03-15 02:16 PM
    The torch was awesome but didn't feel premium. Even brand new, never mind after 2 years. If it's impeccable fit and finish I'll be interested.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:17 PM
    Just imagine that the black bit on the left side of the hub was accessible while still viewing emails, messages, etc full screen.

Posted via CB10
    The curve may not be pronounced enough for this to be possible, but we'll have to see how BlackBerry implements it in their software. Samsung uses it as a method of providing face-down notifications, as a bedside clock, and as a way to quickly access favourite contacts by swiping in from the edges (on the home screen).
    03-03-15 02:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    yeah, you would need to almost turn side way to see those icons
    03-03-15 02:22 PM
    Some quick editing:
    New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-hsdsxjp.jpgNew Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-savufml.jpg
    03-03-15 02:26 PM
    yeah, you would need to almost turn side way to see those icons
    The curve is definitely not that pronounced. Here's a front-side shot of the Galaxy S6 edge for reference:

New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-galaxys6-8.0.png
    03-03-15 02:26 PM
629 ... 1112131415 ...