I came from a 9800 (My first smartphone or Blackberry) when I got my Z10.

After seeing these new monstrosities I'm clutching my Z10 a little harder today.
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    03-03-15 11:26 AM
    Biggest picture I've found New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-upload142537374666640_thumb.jpg
    03-03-15 11:30 AM
    I read a lot of people saying that sliders are for a small pockets of customers but I remember when the torch came out, in the greater Vancouver area, 7/10 blackberries I saw were torches. My whole family, half my friends (equal to number of iphones) and the majority of customers who came to my work and had berries were sporting torches. It's a brilliant form factor and if they pump out a new one that's even half as durable as my torch 9800 was running bb10 well boy howdy that's a slam dunk in my books, I'll be first in line.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC and anon(8063781) like this.
    03-03-15 11:37 AM
    Just make a high-end Q10. I dont even need the toolbelt, 10.3.1 cursor selection works fine.

3.7-4" screen. High end specs. Maybe toch-sensitive keyboard like passport. And best possible bb camera (maybe team up
    with Sony or Samsung for this). Sold.

Maybe this is what the next high-end porsche design will be.

And im confused why so many bb fans want an all-touch device? I thought BB is known for the keyboards, thats why I am using it. I love the feel and tactile feedback of a keyboard. Otherwise I would just get a Android or Iphone?
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    03-03-15 11:37 AM
    Biggest picture I've found Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upload142537374666640_thumb.jpg 
Views:	999 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	338438
    That is definitely the three stationary icon bottom of BB10 up to now. The Phone icon, and the search icon in the middle. The far right could be a modified camera like we have now - unless it is customizable in the new OS.

What throws it off is that there seems to be a horizontal strip between the bottom fixed icons and the little row of page icons below the app icons. That is covering the very top of the search "magnifying glass" icon and what appeared to be a totally different thing in the earlier smaller images.

I've image enhanced that pic...

New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-crackberry-image_edit.jpg

But, it could all be my imagination.
    03-03-15 11:49 AM
    How about the BACK of what Ron was holding. This was in his other hand, and this version of it shows something pretty awesome.

New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-slider-back.jpg

Looks pretty thin, BIG size, dual LED flash and bottom charging port.
    dararede, Superfly_FR and jakie55 like this.
    03-03-15 11:54 AM
    How about the BACK of what Ron was holding. This was in his other hand, and this version of it shows something pretty awesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slider Back.jpg 
Views:	995 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	338447

Looks pretty thin, BIG size, dual LED flash and bottom charging port.
    Looks like Lumia 920 from the back minus the slide up.
    quikchip likes this.
    03-03-15 11:58 AM
    they should have done the Passport full screen with full qwerty K-board slider instead
    Yeah, because people want a 1:1 screen ratio touchscreen device.....
    Oh wait, they don't!

A normal 16:9 high end touch device would have been needed.
    LuvULongTime and Tim Heard like this.
    03-03-15 12:02 PM
    Isn't that a bottom headset jack?
    In the corner, dark spot...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:03 PM
    Isn't that a bottom headset jack?
    In the corner, dark spot...

Posted via CB10
    Seems like it. It'd make sense given the form factor - putting it at the top might interfere with the slider mechanism.
    03-03-15 12:05 PM
    Seems like it. It'd make sense given the form factor - putting it at the top might interfere with the slider mechanism.
    You are 100% correct about that i think

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:06 PM
    Hardware sales went positive 2 Quarters ago, just before the Passport Launch.

Chen didn't reveal all the Passport numbers because not all of the sale thru's were in the last quarterly announcement. And if he said they only sold 70,000, because that's all they could build, then the negative nellies would only pay attention to the low numbers and not that it was a good thing.
    So you agree that they sold only low numbers.

Both the Passport and Classic have sold at rates higher than expected.
    From where did you get that? Apparently Blackberry doesn't even deliver the 10 mio devices a year John Chen once aimed at.

The issue now is to regain software revenue.
    No, the issue is to get market share. Otherwise the app situation won't change. Neither Classic nor Passport changed anything. And I didn't see anything revealed today that would be able to.
    03-03-15 12:07 PM
    Looks like Lumia 920 from the back minus the slide up.
    I happen to have a white Lumia 920 right here. (Wife's phone)
    New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-lumia.jpg
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-03-15 12:07 PM
    I've been waiting for a Torch successor since day one and had all but given up hope, but here's the thing, I now love working wide. ::TORN::

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    Rotate the slider by 90 degrees.
    Congratulations, you are working wide now

2015. So we can expect it late Q1 2016 then. Still nothing for all touch who want the creek with the bulk of PKB mechanisms. Not impressed with the roadmap!

Posted via CB10
    The road map is effing bad, honestly...
    An entry level device (120$) that they overprice by BlackBerry's typical 100%.

A slider I will most likely buy, but that's a form factor even less desired in the marketplace, than a candy bar qwerty.

No entry physical keyboard device. (basically a keyboard Leap, for 200$)

No mid-range touch device.
    No high-end touch device.
    No wearables, no tablets.

Chen hates entry level devices and all touch devices. I think it's official now (I might have a new signature).
    03-03-15 12:12 PM
    Is that a search button in the middle, or is it a BlackBerry logo (like on the back) if it is the logo and doubles as a trackpad that would be amazing.
    Also has anyone considered that the "curve" might where the call/end/camera buttons appear? A nice downward curve that gives the front a nice clean solid look.

Either way I am thrilled there is a slider on the way. Get us the specs and release date asap, I want this now!

So many haters wanting a fulltouch, but don't realize that if BlackBerry wants to compete in this segment they need to match or best specs, and even then they still face the issue of: why would I buy an identical BlackBerry when I could have iOS ecosystem or the full android experience (for better or worse)

A slider gives you a full touch experience with the minor inconvenience of having a pkb available, how terrible that would be. If you never slid it open it would be a slightly thicker slab and more challenging to get a case, is that really such a terrible compromise? Clearly if you have been faithful to BlackBerry until now you are willing to make some small sacrifices in order to get the exclusive benefits BlackBerry offers, and using a slider form might be your next one.

BB for Life
    03-03-15 12:13 PM
    I've been waiting for a Torch successor since day one and had all but given up hope, but here's the thing, I now love working wide. ::TORN::

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    Me too. Just got a passport myself. Loved my torch and many us of here were wanting a Z10 like portrait slider. Glad they were listening.
    03-03-15 12:13 PM
    Speaking of tried and failed: high-end full touch devices that AREN'T manufactured by Samsung or Apple.

I hope you do get your high end full screen all touch BB10 device, but your attitude seems to be that full touchscreen devices should be the priority, and that seems misplaced, if BlackBerry's recent history is any indication.

...but I agree: a curved screen is a gimmick that has questionable merit (especially in something as large an investment as a television) so let's stick with the basics before we start going too far out on a limb here: Samsung and LG both actually manufacture displays so yeah, they have reasons to put out devices that show off their display technology in different form factors, but BlackBerry isn't them.
    You have to remember that the vast majority of devices sold in the market are touch, and it is a shame for BB not to have a presence in the high end touch market. I have nothing against this device, but am disappointed that there was no touch announcement.
    Maxxxpower and dehdude like this.
    03-03-15 12:19 PM
    I'll wait for the curved AT&T version launching in March 2016. You know that's what they are thinking. I mean, why would they accept this phone when they didn't accept the original Passport?
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-03-15 12:20 PM
    OMG! OMG! OMG!, what a great thing to look forward too! Gotta start saving my money up for this!!!!! That is sooo sweet! Made my day!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-03-15 12:25 PM
    Hmm? Imagine keeping something secret as to not affect current sales and revenue generation. Are you really pissed off at BlackBerry for this?

Posted via CB10
    It's more of a playful, frustrated pissed-off-ness thing, I'm not actually mad at them, just frustrated as I'd rather have waited a year and gotten this phone, or would have been even happier if they'd waited until Sept 2016 (not Sept 2015) to release it and then I'd pick it up when my Passport is off contract. By the time my Passport is off, I'll be looking at the newest BlackBerry's unless they're all Q10/Q5/Classic styled, in which case I suppose I may go to the BlackBerry slider, or just stick with my Passport until there's a new BlackBerry Flagship I want to move to.

I have nothing against those designs, I just prefer a bigger screen. I really like my Passport, but I've got an ache in my bones to get back to the Torch form-factor running BlackBerry10!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    03-03-15 12:26 PM
    sliders closed

New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-blackberry-slider.jpg

1 closed, 1 open

New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-blackberry-slider-2.jpg
    03-03-15 12:34 PM
    Verizon will release after all other carriers in time for St Paddy's Day parade 2017.
    03-03-15 12:38 PM
    My Pre 3 had it on top. It did have some problems with thicker plugs but if I stuck with plugs that works for iPhones (which also needed thinner plugs) it worked fine.
    03-03-15 12:41 PM
    I'll wait for the curved AT&T version launching in March 2016. You know that's what they are thinking. I mean, why would they accept this phone when they didn't accept the original Passport?
    If BlackBerry had any BRAINS they would bring Verizon and AT&T to the table as key stakeholders from the get go for any new device. They are both arguably BlackBerry's most important partners. They need their blessing up front in order to get these phones on their networks as soon as they are released. But this is BlackBerry we are talking about so forget what I just said...
    Ealaionta likes this.
    03-03-15 12:46 PM
    I got excited about that three rows touch sensitive keyboard concept that popped out with a mechanical mechanism! was maybe expecting something like that
    that would have been innovative, and would have reduced the overall size of the device when keyboard was out..

this phone is a Hybrid Samsung/BlackBerry that will be probably be 18cm tall when opened...
    Still, until this day, and even though I bought a Passport for a few days...

BlackBerry completely gimped the keyboard on that phone. Giving it 3, instead of 4 rows and no dedicated physical alt button with alt functions on the keys, lowered the possible productivity immensely for me.
    One of the dumbest decisions in regard to that device (making a touch sensitive keyboard that freaks out at certain weather conditions, might be another).
    I don't buy a physical keyboard device to then type on the touchscreen half of the time....

Maybe you should tell TYPO and Ryan Seacrest that "people nowadays don't want pkb's"
    Same question as usually when people talk about typo:
    So how many did the guy sell?
    How many keyboard accessories for phones (not tablets) are sold each year?
    99.9% of the market is composed of touchscreen devices.
    If people really want a keyboard, wouldn't a sizable part of the market buy those accessories?

If you want to say that 0.1% is still more than nothing, I congratulate you. You'll win the semantic argument.
    If however, you understand that 0.1% of the whole market are completely negligible and are basically as low as you'll ever get (because you will be placed in the others group at some point), then yes, "nobody" wants physical keyboards anymore. At least on their phones.

Why can't they just reuse these components minus the slider and build an all touch on the back of this phone? I really hope BlackBerry has a successor to the Z30 otherwise they are going to lose even their die hard customers. When it comes to HW, Chen is clueless.
    That's the biggest question mark for me.
    How in their right mind, could anyone think that producing a slider, and selling only a slider, is a better idea than to use the hardware and make a touchscreen phone?
    Or at least sell both. Because that would make the most sense....

Chen hates all touch. I think its that simple.
    I just don't get why people are complaining about a not full touch device,this phone has the best of both worlds, if you don't want to use the physical keyboard then don't use it, is that simple,this is definitely my next phone if the specs are correct,way to go blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    Why would I buy a slider to not use the slider part?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

Like honestly, why would I need the added bulk, the whole construction, if I don't want to use it?

Are you for real?
    Should I also buy the Passport and not use the keyboard if I want an all touch high-end BlackBerry?

I don't know if you understand what this roadmap means...
    It's probably one of the worst BlackBerry ever had.
    Maxxxpower and dehdude like this.
    03-03-15 12:47 PM
629 ... 910111213 ...