They did a hundred times before and the most said touch

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:22 AM
    Woooooooo!!!!!! Curved display though... wonder if they had partnership with Samsung in this...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016
    I don't understand the curved display. It looks flat to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:24 AM
    Crackberry should do a poll, slider or full touch?

Posted via CB10
    I think i might go to a slider.
    I love the screen, but mis the keyboard from my q10 when typing a lot...
    If it is as slim as it looks in the pics, this will be my new baby

Posted via CB10
    Just Me likes this.
    03-03-15 10:24 AM
    They did a hung times before and the everyone said touch

Posted via CB10
    Some like touch and some like slider. The slider form factor appealed to me in the past and I still see a disproportionately high number of Torchs in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:27 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Double post

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:28 AM
    What's pissing me off about this is if they had announced this last year I would have held off getting the Passport! I love the Passport, but I miss my Torch!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Tim-ANC, Tim Heard and mcclojp like this.
    03-03-15 10:29 AM
    Crackberry should do a poll, slider or full touch?

Posted via CB10
    It's not gonna work now that a slider has been announced, poll'd be skewed. But you should search for previous results.
    03-03-15 10:31 AM
    What's pissing me off about this is if they had announced this last year I would have held off getting the Passport! I love the Passport, but I miss my Torch!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Hmm? Imagine keeping something secret as to not affect current sales and revenue generation. Are you really pissed off at BlackBerry for this?

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing and Ealaionta like this.
    03-03-15 10:34 AM
    I know people have been waiting for this.

I had a Torch 9800 myself. Although I used the PKB at first, I soon began using the VKB in SureType mode - the virtual condensed version of the Pearl 8100 PKB. The last 6 months that I had it, I switched it to full VKB, full time. To prepare myself for the transition to the Z10 I was waiting to get once AT&T offered the refurbished version.

How would you put a case on that thing? I remember the difficulty in finding a decent case for the Torch. It seemed every case had some issues and the better ones were very expensive. I just didn't bother. Luckily, my phone survived almost 3 years of drops and living in my pocket unprotected.

Now, this new device has curved screen edges? How do you protect that? I see many more cracked/ shattered screens in the future for both this slider and the Galaxy S6 curved screen edge version.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:34 AM
    I'm just gonna say what some of us are so scared to...

NO.

Stop BSing & experimenting with stuff that has already tried & failed; from companies that actually had the money to waste. A curved screen? NO. Stop developing backwards. They don't even make contoured regular home phones anymore. Perfect the OS, improve on OS features & develop a damn high end FULL Touch.

Curved Slider... NO

+we just made fun of iphones for bending... now we are going to make a curved slider.
    Speaking of tried and failed: high-end full touch devices that AREN'T manufactured by Samsung or Apple.

I hope you do get your high end full screen all touch BB10 device, but your attitude seems to be that full touchscreen devices should be the priority, and that seems misplaced, if BlackBerry's recent history is any indication.

...but I agree: a curved screen is a gimmick that has questionable merit (especially in something as large an investment as a television) so let's stick with the basics before we start going too far out on a limb here: Samsung and LG both actually manufacture displays so yeah, they have reasons to put out devices that show off their display technology in different form factors, but BlackBerry isn't them.
    anon(8063781) and anon(55900) like this.
    03-03-15 10:39 AM
    03-03-15 10:44 AM
    Blackberry passport with curved edge, now that would be nice!
    toneytone likes this.
    03-03-15 10:59 AM
    I want one. I have no clue whether or not making such unusual devices will end up making business sense for BlackBerry, but as a consumer, I'm glad they're trying.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-03-15 11:01 AM
    I did not read all pages, but the camera is behind the slider. Back of the phone but still at the bottom.

And no word on a sensitive KB ? Passport style.
    What are you even talking about? No phone has a camera at the bottom. Perhaps you should read all pages

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:01 AM
    Blackberry passport with curved edge, now that would be nice!
    Not sure
    The curved screen with kb will not be nice at all

CB10 - Q10
    03-03-15 11:02 AM
    i know there aint much specs released, but just eyeballing it on the guy's hand there... how big do y'all reckon the Slider phone's gonna be-- closed i mean? because with the kb extended that looks to be an extra 1 1/2-2 inches already.
    03-03-15 11:08 AM
    Doesn't look good on the capacitive keyboard side of things

Posted via CB10
    well that doesn't bother me, Im looking forward to the New Porsche Design Blackberry
    03-03-15 11:10 AM
    BlackBerry by Samsung.

It is for sure a Sammy produced item.

Looks like a big Z3 with a slider on it.

BlackBerry hates America!
    03-03-15 11:11 AM
    I'm all over this slider like a hobo on a ham sandwich. Just give me more details.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:13 AM
    White Slider:
    New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-capture.png

Full Photo:
    New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-slider.jpg
    03-03-15 11:14 AM
    Slider in the closed position

New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-crackberry-image.jpg
    tp2386 likes this.
    03-03-15 11:19 AM
    Scrolling preview and notifications on the curved edge, seems nice to me in my opinion
    03-03-15 11:19 AM
    Slider in the closed position

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image.jpg 
Views:	1090 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	338436
    BlackBerry logo on the slider is on top
    This it the leap not slider

CB10 - Q10
    Steelsheen and andyk350 like this.
    03-03-15 11:20 AM
    Waiting for it. Yet again an innovative phone after passport....

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    How do you know that, I thought Blackberry never disclosed any salesnumbers by model type. And isn't the Leap the touchscreen successor?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:23 AM
    BlackBerry by Samsung.

It is for sure a Sammy produced item.

Looks like a big Z3 with a slider on it.
    I dunno that it's going to be a Samsung produced item. More likely that BBRY will simply be purchasing the displays/parts from Samsung (not a bad idea), and likely for a decent price in exchange for BBRY contributing services in return.

I've been eyeing the Samsung Edge displays recently, and each day they seem to become more appealing. Not just for the cosmetic value, but because of simple uses like being able to leave the device face down in a meeting and still see notifications, a night clock, etc... Some of the features are mentioned here A look at the new ?Edge Screen? features on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge [VIDEO]. And I can easily envision BBRY leveraging that with their own features like the Hub. As more developers take to it, the design has many possibilities.
    Steelsheen, LazyEvul and jakie55 like this.
    03-03-15 11:26 AM
629 ... 89101112 ...