This is quite an intriguing device. I hope it is more attractive at launch then what we are seeing in this picture. But from a concept stand point a BB10 Torch style device. Thats exciting
    Tim Heard likes this.
    03-03-15 09:35 AM
    As much as I want one this phone its gonna be expensive as hell! Porsche Design?? My gawwd I can only imagine the ticket on this. This is way out of my lane but i'm a BlackBerry fan so I definitely want to to succeed with this!!

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    Not a porsche design. Two different devices.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Tim Heard likes this.
    03-03-15 09:36 AM
    Flash back 6 months, people on this forum were asking for a slider.

Flash forward to today, BlackBerry announces a slider and people are complaining.

There is really no pleasing you guys haha.
    That is the nature of people overall. Complain because they want something, and complain because they get it. It. Never fails. =0)

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:36 AM
    I might have to buy this just to use a higher spec touch device. Assume there are no special functions on the keyboard that can't be done on the screen. In for ~600 dollars.
    03-03-15 09:41 AM
    I think this device looks fantastic. It combines a full 16:9 touch display with Blackberry's strength - the hardware keyboard. Sets it apart from every other iphone/samsung/whatever on the market.
    Doggerz likes this.
    03-03-15 09:41 AM
    Did they take those pics using a Bold 9900 or what?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:42 AM
    That is the nature of people overall. Complain because they want something, and complain because they get it. It. Never fails. =0)

Posted via CB10
    The issue here is that they are catering a very small part of the market, hell, even a small part of their market.

True, people wanted a slider, but wa(x999 A's)y more people wanted a slab.
    03-03-15 09:43 AM
    I did not read all pages, but the camera is behind the slider. Back of the phone but still at the bottom.

And no word on a sensitive KB ? Passport style.
    Did they take those pics using a Bold 9900 or what?

Posted via CB10
    They're a little too clear for that, don't you think?
    For previous Torch users, was weight balance much of an issue? It seems with this being so long, balance might be an issue, but obviously they have their prototype done and seem to be happy with it...
    I loved my Torch, used it open most of the time. The balance was great. And the thickness made it easy to type. With my Z30 I have to have a case just to make it somewhat thicker.

The weight was in the keyboard part, so what slid up was the thin touch screen.

I am still in love with my 9810 and I hope that thing is a luxury item. So stoked.

Only thing I would say is that I wish it had a 9900 keyboard on it. But it looks like curved keyboards are not being made anymore.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    03-03-15 09:46 AM
    Those icons look so different...?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:48 AM
    I thought BlackBerry was dead?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Long live the RIMpire!

BTW, I just got a Passport on Saturday... and my g/f got the Classic... But, I always loved my BB Torch. Oh dear. What's a boy to do? Buyers remorse? (I'm still getting used to the Passport. I came from the Z10 which I really did love too)
    03-03-15 09:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've wanted a slider since the announcement of Z10. And here I am still wanting one. Drooling over it.

To the naysayers, if any BlackBerry phone is going to blow people away and get them to look at a BlackBerry it's going to be this. Way more so than a Passport or Classic or Leap.

To people wanting a Z30 upgrade, I'm sure they will make a slab. But if they don't just get this and don't slide it open. The specs on this are a definitely upgrade.

Hope it uses the same clear sound speakers as the Z30.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    Tim-ANC and Tim Heard like this.
    03-03-15 09:50 AM
    It would be cool if the keyboard is detachable, I would leave it in the box lol... THey should've just made a an attachable keyboard...
    03-03-15 09:51 AM
    well first off-- THANK CHEN for this SLIDER. i want it NOW!! *throws my money at Blackberry*

secondly-- can we add to the adage "haters gonna hate; whiners gonna whine" ?

so many whining about how BB isnt releasing a full touch phone, when theres something called LEAP getting full on press time on every BB/ mobile blog.

yeah i know-- "but it aint high end". guys if BB puts its money on high end, glass slab phones, it means its trying to take a slice of the Samsung/iPhone/Windows market-- and that strategy failed spectacularly. have you all so easily forgotten about the Z10 write offs? BB nearly went under because of that.

Chen knows that the physical kb market is the one lead they have over all the other mobile manufacturers, and damn right he's smart to use that to BB's full advantage-- hence all the phones coming out in every shape, size and color. honestly with the kind of monetary issues BB has im surprised they're still releasing glass slabs like Leap. would've thought the money that went into that would've been better used on a strategy to completely corner the keyboard market for years to come. patent every physical kb design under the sun-- if competitors ever come up with a design like it-- they gonna have to pay BB to get off it.

but yeah i trust Chen and his multitudes of strategies, if he thinks releasing glass slab phones is still in BB best interest then so be it.

but really you guys ought to stop whining about why aint there no full touch phone. the market is oversaturated with full touch phones already.
    03-03-15 09:53 AM
    I'm not an American, but given the history of Verizon and sliders, this has got to come out on Verizon first.
    03-03-15 09:54 AM
    The lady in the front row with the massive camera must have taken better pictures than what we're seeing...

New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-1425398062044_582968.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:57 AM
    well first off-- THANK CHEN for this SLIDER. i want it NOW!! *throws my money at Blackberry*
    +1

secondly-- can we add to the adage "haters gonna hate; whiners gonna whine" ?

...snip the logical and soundly reasoned rationale against high-end full-slab phones...

but yeah i trust Chen and his multitudes of strategies, if he thinks releasing glass slab phones is still in BB best interest then so be it.

but really you guys ought to stop whining about why aint there no full touch phone. the market is oversaturated with full touch phones already.
    I believe low-volume production runs that are priced so they are PROFITABLE for BlackBerry is the right strategy and that INCLUDES a high-end full-slab touch phone... actually a few of them, in the Z10 size, the Z30 size, and even a Galaxy Note size.

The point I try to make is that BlackBerry can be profitable in devices because there are MILLIONS of people around the world who would buy them at almost any price. MILLIONS! I repeat: MILLIONS.

If Samsung can manufacture a full slab high-end device for $300 US (plus another $100 per device spend on marketing) and sell it for $900, I think BlackBerry can make a full slab high-end device for $400 US and sell it for $900 too. Or sell it for $700 if it has to sell for less... or whatever! The point is making more devices in more sizes / form factors is a fine strategy IF you don't overproduce and then have unsold inventory you have to give away below cost to get them to sell.

The Porsche devices are absolutely proof that niche devices can be sold at a profit... and the sickening thing about the Porsche devices is that they're just rebranded lower-cost devices: I pity / envy Porsche Design phone buyers, because they clearly have more money than brains / self-respect.

So, BlackBerry, DO bring out a full-slab high end device, and do it soon as there is pent-up demand... also DO bring out this slider WITH THE TOOLBELT because that's an unserved market... a slider without a toolbelt would be interesting I guess, or a slider with capacitive keyboard instead of full Classic-style PKB... but just the one with the TOOLBELT is of interest to me, personally.

Also, Here are crops from C|Net's photo, which I think shows the device at a better angle (and based on the crowd photo above, was taken by SLR lady in the front row) and also in White, and you can see the slider mechanism a bit better from behind. (any info is good info... except that on the black device it is more obvious that those aren't toolbelt buttons, but just the bottom home screen buttons... we have to lobby BlackBerry to put the toolbelt on there, it's not too late to fix this!)

New Device - Slider with Curved display, coming 2015!-blackberry-slider.jpg
    gritsinct likes this.
    03-03-15 09:59 AM
    The lady in the front row with the massive camera must have taken better pictures than what we're seeing...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1425398062044_582968.jpeg 
Views:	966 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	338406

Posted via CB10
    Time for a Crackberry style investigation to find her!
    Marauder2 likes this.
    03-03-15 10:07 AM
    BTW, I just got a Passport on Saturday... and my g/f got the Classic... But, I always loved my BB Torch. Oh dear. What's a boy to do? Buyers remorse? (I'm still getting used to the Passport. I came from the Z10 which I really did love too)
    As a Passport user pining for the Torch (I hope they bloody well call it the Torch!) I have to say: buyer's remorse a bit... I had a Z30 that I liked quite a bit and still pine for, and the Passport is surely a more powerful device and the screen is great... but I don't "love" it. I "loved" the Z30 more... so if you can return your Passport before you get used to it, and get a Z30 or something instead, I suggest you do so.

Not a day goes by when I don't think about selling my Passport and just going back to my Z30, but I'm hooked on the Passport's performance and that great screen... but the PKB is meh, and often causes more problems in accidentally repositioning the insertion point while typing, which makes me want to throw it against the nearest concrete surface.
    03-03-15 10:14 AM
    I just don't get why people are complaining about a not full touch device,this phone has the best of both worlds, if you don't want to use the physical keyboard then don't use it, is that simple,this is definitely my next phone if the specs are correct,way to go blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    No comment!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:15 AM
    Speak for yourself. People have been begging for a slider.
    No, you speak for yourself! If people beg for you to kill yourself, will you do it? People wanted a full touch except for like 12 BlackBerry fans who wanted a slider

Posted via CB10
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    03-03-15 10:16 AM
    Crackberry should do a poll, slider or full touch?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) and Tim-ANC like this.
    03-03-15 10:19 AM
    I think you are on to something here. Let's face it, there are so many slab all-touch devices out there that it's as crowded as a Tokyo commuter train at rush hour. Why add to the crush when you are struggling to turn the company around? You need to be noticed and another slab won't do it, at least for the time being.

Posted via CB10
    Because if you don't, the remaining BlackBerry fans will leave and mark my words! We all want a replacement for the Z10 and every phone BlackBerry made that was an all touch had the sane specs as the z10 so people don't know what to upgrade to, they just go for another brand, I will do exactly that if they don't release a new all touch with decent specs by January 2016 and so will a lot of people.

And thanks in advance to those who will say good luck and goodbye and all that ****

Posted via CB10
    Ealaionta likes this.
    03-03-15 10:21 AM
    Crackberry should do a poll, slider or full touch?

Posted via CB10
    They did a hundred times before and almost everyone said touch

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 10:22 AM
629 ... 7891011 ...