A large portrait slider is definitely a niche device. Has any of these ever really caught on? The last one that I remember was that Dell one that practically disappeared after it was launched.
    exactly.
    where's the all touch device without a clunking 90's kb?
    pttptppt and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-03-15 07:36 AM
    Exactly my thoughts. Blackberry needs full-touch devices for the average user and Bold-like devices (please not old stuff like the Classic) for the old-fashioned BB user. Everything else (Passport, Slider) will not sell.
    There is nothing old-fashioned about a physical keyboard! It's a different and for many, a more accurate input system. All-touch has a different input function. In actual fact, the Passport's input system is very innovative and far from old-fashioned.

At the end of the day it depends what you use your device for and what input system works best for you. I rarely play games and a five inch screen is not ideal for me when I watch videos. However, I do a lot of writing, reading and information gathering on my device so I couldn't care less about an all-touch device. I've used both. I prefer the physical keyboard for what I use my device for. And I'm far from old-fashioned.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    03-03-15 07:38 AM
    Looks nice except why make a slider??? Why couldn't they just make this same device but all touch screen. People nowadays don't want pkb's, they want all touch screen

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should tell TYPO and Ryan Seacrest that "people nowadays don't want pkb's"
    03-03-15 07:38 AM
    This device will sell even less than the KHAN! (my opinion)
    03-03-15 07:39 AM
    Why can't they just reuse these components minus the slider and build an all touch on the back of this phone? I really hope BlackBerry has a successor to the Z30 otherwise they are going to lose even their die hard customers. When it comes to HW, Chen is clueless.
    03-03-15 07:41 AM
    I just don't get why people are complaining about a not full touch device,this phone has the best of both worlds, if you don't want to use the physical keyboard then don't use it, is that simple,this is definitely my next phone if the specs are correct,way to go blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:51 AM
    I've never seen a Porsche design BlackBerry in person. They seem to always have an outrageous price so I've thought of them as a stunt.

This looks pretty neato but I don't imagine many people will get one.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:54 AM
    if you don't want to use the physical keyboard then don't use it, is that simple
    But why dealing with a bulkier and heavier device with a smaller battery than it could be/have ithout the sliding keyboard? Only because Blackberry isn't able to deliver a real Z10/Z30 successor?
    MarsupilamiX and Ealaionta like this.
    Looks awesome I hope it's priced reasonable

Posted via CB10
    If you consider $700 usd reasonable then yes it will be

Posted via CB10
    But why dealing with a bulkier and heavier device with a smaller battery than it could be/have ithout the sliding keyboard? Only because Blackberry isn't able to deliver a real Z10/Z30 successor?
    We don't know that yet! That's my point

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:04 AM
    Disagree! the passport touch sensitive keyboard was an innovation,

curve edge with keyboard is not!
    I think sensitive kb and curve edge wi kb are innovation

CB10 - Q10
    03-03-15 08:04 AM
    Maybe you should tell TYPO and Ryan Seacrest that "people nowadays don't want pkb's"
    I think what they don't want is a BlackBerry. And even then, if you made a typo per iPhone owner ratio, it would be extremely, extremely low. Probably why Apple didn't make such thing themselves.
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 03-03-15 at 08:17 AM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 08:05 AM
    Exactly my thoughts. Blackberry needs full-touch devices for the average user and Bold-like devices (please not old stuff like the Classic) for the old-fashioned BB user. Everything else (Passport, Slider) will not sell.
    Are you saying that the Passport will not sell?

Cause I'm pretty sure that they already sold a lot more than they expected. And, I'm very confident that they already made a profit off of selling the Passport. And, I definitely know that the secondary effect of the Passport was to generate more buzz about BB10 than the Z10, Z3, Q10, Q5 and Z30 did, combined.
    gallopiton likes this.
    03-03-15 08:09 AM
    I think what they don't want is a BlackBerry. And even then, if you made a typo per iPhone owner ratio, it would be extremely, extremely slow. Probably why Apple didn't make such thing themselves.
    Or, that Apple knew that they would lose the lawsuit, just like TYPO did and that BlackBerry would sue for a lot more and get a lot more than what they got off of TYPO.
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-03-15 08:11 AM
    From my understanding, there will be no passport 2 and classic 2?

If there will be 6 phones that's a lot for a year.

I don't see the slider and the 4th new phone to be ready till end of this year

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 08:13 AM
    We don't know that yet! That's my point
    A slider will always be bulkier or heaver or have a smaller battery than the same device without a keyboard would be as it has to be placed somewhere. Blackberry can't bypass physics.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    03-03-15 08:14 AM
    Which is why they announced The Leap (target is Average User who wants full touch), more options to the Classic, (you say you want a Bold-like Device, well dude, that IS EXACTLY what the Classic is), and a mix of the two with the Slider for people who want a big screen but ALSO a keyboard. What more could you ask for?
    Nothing, I mean who the hell would want a full touch with Quad-core processor, 4 GB ram, 3500mah battery 32 GB memory , I mean they must be crazy for wanting that right? They should just keep buying the Z10 over and over again with just different names! Leap, Z3, Z30!

I'm really losing hope in this Chen guy!

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-03-15 08:16 AM
    Are you saying that the Passport will not sell?

Cause I'm pretty sure that they already sold a lot more than they expected. And, I'm very confident that they already made a profit off of selling the Passport. And, I definitely know that the secondary effect of the Passport was to generate more buzz about BB10 than the Z10, Z3, Q10, Q5 and Z30 did, combined.
    Regarding the last information we got, it didn't prevent Blackberrys ongoing decline in market share. John Chen doesn't even mention sale numbers anymore. Clear signs that it is nothing that could be regarded as a saviour device or anything similar. No matter how "pretty sure" you feel about it.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 08:17 AM
    Camera and Screen are rumoured to be from Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung has a pretty large component business, which is much more profitable than their mobile device or most consumer electronics divisions; primarily because of the range of its reach.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 08:19 AM
    This look great.
    03-03-15 08:20 AM
    JayDee called my Q5 archaic *cries and runs away*
    03-03-15 08:22 AM
    I'm just gonna say what some of us are so scared to...

NO.

Stop BSing & experimenting with stuff that has already tried & failed; from companies that actually had the money to waste. A curved screen? NO. Stop developing backwards. They don't even make contoured regular home phones anymore. Perfect the OS, improve on OS features & develop a damn high end FULL Touch.

Curved Slider... NO

+we just made fun of iphones for bending... now we are going to make a curved slider.
    03-03-15 08:28 AM
    Pre4!!!!

I hope it has killer specs!

Okay, now I'm going to actually read the thread....
    03-03-15 08:32 AM
    I just don't get why people are complaining about a not full touch device,this phone has the best of both worlds, if you don't want to use the physical keyboard then don't use it, is that simple,this is definitely my next phone if the specs are correct,way to go blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    Because the common belief is that physical keyboards make it too thick for the damn hipsters to slip in their skinny jeans.

I'm mixed about this one. Maybe if they make a smaller version but this is too big for my taste. I like my phones single hand operable and the Classic is hitting the borderline for me. I already have trouble reaching the far left side.
    03-03-15 08:33 AM
    Begone! The hybrid thing was a gimmick. This will be awesome! (In my opinion, of course.)

So no hidden keyboard? this is just a normal torch like Slider. I wish they tried to develop the hybrid device. Anyways lets wait and see.
    03-03-15 08:33 AM
629 ... 56789 ...