I was on my knees yesterday thanking Zeus-Amon for the new dark hub, but then I saw a screenshot; it was grey, not black! Yes, I like it very much more than the default white eye-burner, but come on BlackBerry. Put that AMOLED to use!

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    01-12-17 12:44 PM
    LMAO. Nothing is ever good enough.
    Mecca EL, gizmo21 and MTBBguy like this.
    01-12-17 12:47 PM
    You are right my friend. Grey is a nonsense on amoled
    acermark and wikison like this.
    01-12-17 01:40 PM
    You are right my friend. Grey is a nonsense on amoled
    People asked for a dark hub and they brought it out as asked. You guys should have asked for BLACK hub!!!
    01-12-17 02:55 PM
    I am still looking forward to the dark hub, gray or not. Anything is better than the standard.
    01-12-17 03:01 PM
    Two reasons: OS integration (neither Google's nor BlackBerry's launcher dark mode are black) and I believe it was also stated that 'grey' uses less battery. And we all know that every single time an app gets updated someone on here is going to whine about their battery consumption. Lol.
    01-12-17 04:16 PM
    How do you get dark theme on hub for priv?? I'm not seeing option in the settings anywhere
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-12-17 05:42 PM
    They are putting the amoled to use. Grey doesn't use as much power as white

Posted via CB10
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-12-17 06:19 PM
    How do you get dark theme on hub for priv?? I'm not seeing option in the settings anywhere
    Unless you have the BETA HUB (not HUB+), you will not see it yet. Hub+ is a background module and does not have anything you run directly.
    01-12-17 07:08 PM
    Two reasons: OS integration (neither Google's nor BlackBerry's launcher dark mode are black) and I believe it was also stated that 'grey' uses less battery. And we all know that every single time an app gets updated someone on here is going to whine about their battery consumption. Lol.
    Grey does use less battery and it is absolutely true that true black isn't anywhere in the UI standards for Android. In fact, it looks ugly, very ugly, and because of increased contrast I find if hurts eyes more at night than gray. (The latter part could be just me.)
    01-13-17 08:18 AM
    I will take anything darker than the present snow blind white Hub and will not complain. I have been checking multiple times a day for the Hub to update for us non-beta folks.
    supertom, Mecca EL and xandros9 like this.
    01-13-17 01:35 PM
    Grey does use less battery and it is absolutely true that true black isn't anywhere in the UI standards for Android. In fact, it looks ugly, very ugly, and because of increased contrast I find if hurts eyes more at night than gray. (The latter part could be just me.)
    Science and optometrists/ophthalmologists will back you up there, not only does it cause eye strain but reading accuracy is reduced. Black lettering on white background improves reading accuracy to the tune of ~24%, while a slightly greyish background reduces the glare produced by a white background. Black lettering on sepia is best for those marathon ebook reading sessions.
    Mecca EL, FF22, DrBoomBotz and 3 others like this.
    01-14-17 12:47 AM
    I was on my knees yesterday thanking Zeus-Amon for the new dark hub, but then I saw a screenshot; it was grey, not black! Yes, I like it very much more than the default white eye-burner, but come on BlackBerry. Put that AMOLED to use!
    Disregard all the above opinions. They missed the obvious!!
    You didn't do a traditional native raindance or pray to the Sun gods.
    Now get off your knees. man!
    Save something for when you'll really need it.... like looking for a job!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-14-17 08:46 AM
    Science and optometrists/ophthalmologists will back you up there, not only does it cause eye strain but reading accuracy is reduced. Black lettering on white background improves reading accuracy to the tune of ~24%, while a slightly greyish background reduces the glare produced by a white background. Black lettering on sepia is best for those marathon ebook reading sessions.
    Fred..
    It goes without say, I totally agree with you (well the parts I understood) and because the last time I disagreed with you, which was a long long time ago,
    I got infracted upon or maybe it wasn't you....

anyway...the size of the screen, alone, should be warning enough but your explanation brought it home
    (in my opinion, of course)
    01-14-17 09:00 AM
    People asked for a dark hub and they brought it out as asked. You guys should have asked for BLACK hub!!!
    Black Hubs Matter

Posted via CB10
    bigedschukar and xandros9 like this.
    01-14-17 09:48 AM
    Fred..
    It goes without say, I totally agree with you (well the parts I understood) and because the last time I disagreed with you, which was a long long time ago,
    I got infracted upon or maybe it wasn't you....

anyway...the size of the screen, alone, should be warning enough but your explanation brought it home
    (in my opinion, of course)http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0269.gif
    Don't FRET but you've got his name wrong. Do I see another infraction........
    01-14-17 10:14 AM
    Don't FRET but you've got his name wrong. Do I see another infraction........
    Opps! Damn spell check!
    Fred knew I meant FRET right Fred??

Thanks F2 Thanks F2!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-14-17 10:28 AM
    A screenshot huh.
    01-14-17 10:57 AM
    Which update supposedly contained the Dark Hub capability?

I believe I've received the latest updates, incl Jan 5, 2017.

stv100-1. Build AA1459.

Bought direct from BB US in Feb 2016.
    01-14-17 02:50 PM
    Which update supposedly contained the Dark Hub capability?

I believe I've received the latest updates, incl Jan 5, 2017.

stv100-1. Build AA1459.

Bought direct from BB US in Feb 2016.
    Read back. Beta HUB only right now. Not for general release yet.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-14-17 02:56 PM
    Thanks, Dr. Missed F22s note amongst the ophthalmology abstracts. A less-than-pure black (but not much less) "dark" scheme seems a little easier on the eyes.

How long before the rest of us get a chance to check it out?
    01-14-17 06:49 PM
    Black Hubs Matter

Posted via CB10
    That was poor taste
    01-15-17 10:59 AM
    Read back. Beta HUB only right now. Not for general release yet.
    When will the general release happen ?
    01-15-17 12:21 PM
    When will the general release happen ?
    I don't know. I was just relaying the message from earlier in the thread. This thread went off the rails quick. So the fact it was BETA only got lost in the Dark versus Gray versus Black and Amoled versus this and that Jibberish.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-15-17 09:00 PM
    Can't be let down, ain't got it... I do however trust BlackBerry which never misses an opportunity for disappointing customers...
    01-15-17 10:40 PM
33 12