This is sooo goood. The priv is the best phone ever made. Its not the best performer but the quality, unique design that grabs attention, security updates makes this a steal. I am currently using one and I can say for sure when this one dies my next phone will be another Priv. I don't understand how this price point doesn't make people want one too lol
    05-07-17 11:11 AM
    i'll sell you mine.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-07-17 11:43 AM
    Wish I held out a little longer for that deal. I got mine in March for 270. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth.

I will patiently wait for a Keyone price drop if my Priv holds up. I plan to keep the Priv as a backup also.
    05-07-17 12:08 PM
    Wish I held out a little longer for that deal. I got mine in March for 270. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth.

I will patiently wait for a Keyone price drop if my Priv holds up. I plan to keep the Priv as a backup also.
    I think if you pay $300 or less you getting a fanatic deal. Not many devices out there come with a QHD screen at sub $300

With prices like these, the DTEK50 is basically the same price! Just shows you how much more value you getting.
    05-07-17 02:48 PM
    Price in Europe is still around 350 EUR, I got mine, a 2nd one, for 290 Eur
    05-07-17 04:47 PM
    I see the reviewers claiming to get unlocked AT&T models with bloatware for that price. Even the ones that are sold and shipped by Amazon.

But it is a great deal if you could get the official unlocked version. I'm sure Amazon will take it back if it isn't. I know it's not the fastest out there but it does have a great QHD screen and full featured. NFC, Wireless Charge, QC2.0, even a headphone jack!
    vptsff likes this.
    05-07-17 07:49 PM
    The prices will get better and better since the Priv is at its end of life. I will be rocking mine for at least another year. If it gets Nougat, even longer. Fingers crossed!
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    05-08-17 09:43 AM
    Got mine on Friday for $280 from Amazon. Looked to see if the deal for $230 was active today and couldn't find it (otherwise, I'd get a price match from them!)

But the model I got (sold by Amazon, not a third party) did not have any AT&T bloatware and came in the Blackberry box. I have enjoyed mine so far. It should last at least a year, at which point I can see if I want to jump to the KeyOne (or a KeyOne successor). I do like having the large screen and AMOLED though...
    FF22 likes this.
    05-08-17 09:47 AM
    Yeah, the large amoled screen is really nice. And it is nice to have a choice on keyboards to use. When I had both Torch models, I never used the vkb. I thought it was about useless. The Z10 was really sweet and the Priv gives you the best of both worlds.
    05-08-17 11:00 AM
    If I only want a pkb phone for hub, and happy with the features of hub android... priv or passport; which has better hub performance?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 11:14 AM
    I only see a refurb for this priv for 240. don't see any 230.
    05-08-17 11:37 AM
    If I only want a pkb phone for hub, and happy with the features of hub android... priv or passport; which has better hub performance?

Posted via CB10
    If you're happy with the Android Hub, there's no debate. The PRIV will be useful for so much longer than the Passport.

I have a Passport, and if I could justify spending money on a new phone, or needed a new one, I would definitely choose the PRIV over Passport.

I've loved my Passport, but one app at a time it's getting less and less useful for things that I do.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 11:43 AM
    I agree that if you get a new Priv for $300 or less it's a pretty good deal. I got mine for $250 in March and I really think it's a quality phone for the price.
    05-08-17 12:56 PM
    I see the reviewers claiming to get unlocked AT&T models with bloatware for that price. Even the ones that are sold and shipped by Amazon.

But it is a great deal if you could get the official unlocked version. I'm sure Amazon will take it back if it isn't. I know it's not the fastest out there but it does have a great QHD screen and full featured. NFC, Wireless Charge, QC2.0, even a headphone jack!
    My own blackberry came with att bloatware. But Blackberry did fully unlock these att privs and removed all bloatware. So I guarantee you will not regret getting an att one. The only att thing that will remain on it is just the logo in the back but the software will all be blackberry only.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-08-17 01:29 PM
    My own blackberry came with att bloatware. But Blackberry did fully unlock these att privs and removed all bloatware. So I guarantee you will not regret getting an att one. The only att thing that will remain on it is just the logo in the back but the software will all be blackberry only.
    As long as they're still doing that, it's a great deal.

Mine was an ATT unlocked also that got "debranded" by BlackBerry. LOL. I got it for $299 on eBay when ATT first started dumping it's stock. It was a great deal for me.
    05-08-17 06:16 PM
    Yeahe too got it for 350 with same day delivery on amazon. Basically ordered a pizza hahaha
    05-08-17 06:27 PM
    I'm sitting here waiting for mine to get delivered today. got it from B&H for 290. Hoping that its the factory unlocked one. At least on their website it says SVT 100-1

Definitely worth the price. I wasn't willing to shell out $7+ for any of the other comparable newer phones.
    05-09-17 01:52 PM
    Yeah, the large amoled screen is really nice. And it is nice to have a choice on keyboards to use. When I had both Torch models, I never used the vkb. I thought it was about useless. The Z10 was really sweet and the Priv gives you the best of both worlds.
    The Z10 got me used to the vkb. I never used the vkb on the 98**, but those were a whole another story.
    With the suggestion-on-letter and the pkb, I'm hoping that I'll be using both equally
    05-09-17 01:54 PM
    I do use the vkb on the Priv a fair amount, especially when it comes to a quick replay or if a series of numbers is required. Longer stuff tends to be on the pkb.

When I had the Z10 I really got used to using the vkb. Really liked it. Then got back on the pkb with the Passport. It took a little getting used to by switching to BlackDroid, but now I won't go back to BB10.

Most likely your use will be both.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-10-17 12:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you use your phone only for the Hub and no other apps such as FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, the Passport still beats the Priv for productivity and ease of use. But once you need apps, it's no longer a very functional device.
    05-11-17 07:13 AM
    Sadly my work has created apps that will not run properly on the Passport. They run perfectly on my Priv. If not for that and my wife getting me MLBTV Premium, I would not have switched.
    (MLB on the Passport will let you listen, but won't let you watch games. Again works perfectly on the Priv)
    05-11-17 09:06 AM
    How do you get rid of the AT&T stuff? Got November update but AT&T screen still appears when booting up.

Also won't update past November.
    05-16-17 10:16 PM
    How do you get rid of the AT&T stuff? Got November update but AT&T screen still appears when booting up.

Also won't update past November.
    Is your phone locked to att or purchased from att?
    05-16-17 10:58 PM
    Bought from AT&T subscriber. I am one as well so my sim is AT&T as well.

However, I read that November update WAs supposed to unlock all that.
    05-16-17 11:47 PM
    If a device was originally purchased from AT&T, you cannot change it to BlackBerry. BB only picked up the devices sold by others.
    Some AT&T purchasers got the switch to BB when the 'no signal' problem was patched.
    You may be able to get rid of the AT&T stuff by unlocking it and updating it. But this will require the unlock code and a non AT&T SIM.
    And beware, there have been some problems with the AT&T unlock codes. If it doesn't unlock by the third try, STOP, and take it to an AT&T store. If you keep trying you will brick the phone.

This whole AT&T thing has been convoluted and confusing, but I'm pretty sure that as long as AT&T has the IMEI recorded, and BlackBerry doesn't, you are stuck with AT&T updates, (or lack of) and bloat / spyware.
    05-17-17 08:58 AM
34 12