Snapdragon 810, 64-Bit CPU, 3GB Ram, 128GB MicroSD, 3850 mAH none-Removable Battery, 16MP Camera and 5MP front.
    Models - Black and White. Possible Red later.

From RapidMobile.
    http://rapidmobile.biz/blackberry/blackberry-unveils-new-blackberry-slider/
    03-04-15 08:26 AM
    Source?

Posted via my Passport on OS 10.3.1.2480 SR 10.3.1.1715
    03-04-15 08:27 AM
    Time will tell.
    03-04-15 08:33 AM
    Provided in the original post. Was in the middle of Editing. The Spec's are amazing, and will attract many to come to the BB10 platform. And looks like a great Z30/10 upgrade.
    03-04-15 08:34 AM
    I'm in, bring it ASAP

Z10
    Eng.KoD likes this.
    03-04-15 08:41 AM
    It'll be interesting how this proceeds. If they release it this year, those specs will be fine, but if they wait until 2016, they're going to need to do an upgrade on that Snapdragon, well, IMO at least

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-04-15 09:16 AM
    Basically same specs as S6.Cant complain spec whores.
    03-04-15 11:01 AM
    It'll be interesting how this proceeds. If they release it this year, those specs will be fine, but if they wait until 2016, they're going to need to do an upgrade on that Snapdragon, well, IMO at least

Sadly this is probably more than likely. They'll announce it available for the fall this year as an exclusive to a carrier and then crickets until march of 2016...

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    03-04-15 11:10 AM
    Sadly this is probably more than likely. They'll announce it available for the fall this year as an exclusive to a carrier and then crickets until march of 2016...

Posted via CB10
    Possibly, though with the Passport it was only exclusive for a week before the rest of Canada got it...

It really will depend if they do a US&CAN rollout or just the CAN with the US staggering into it later...

03-04-15 11:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely not. They have 2 working models at the Mobile Congress 2015. This new slider should get a release date in around April, May or June, at the earliest. And worst case for the latest, July through September. BlackBerry will want to have this device out as soon as possible, and especially a few months before Christmas.
    03-05-15 05:15 AM
    They need to get this out asap and do some marketing on it. Specs look good, finally! Not too fond of the slider but I would have to see and feel it in my hands before I purchase.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 05:29 AM
    The only issue I have with this report is the 64 bit processor and the ram... The OS has to be reworked for 64 bit performance, which it most likely has not. Most likely this is why no announcement had been made on the actual date of the phone. This leaves one of two conditions: either the phone is running on two gigs and has three for once the software is updated or, it is running another OS altogether. Another OS could mean something like 10.4 very early build, or even android... thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 05:33 AM
    Battery capacity doesn't make sense which is more than the Passport. Even with the slider mechanism it looks to be a thin device and phablets like the Note 4 and Nexus 6 have smaller 3220mAH batteries.
    03-05-15 05:40 AM
    Maybe this is the high end device people have been waiting for. The slide out keyboard is a bonus. It basically caters for two in one. Those that want full touch never have to slide it. Monster!
    awindsr and webber27 like this.
    03-05-15 05:57 AM
    Enterprises don't buy on a Christmas gift based schedule. If BlackBerry is focused on the enterprise, as they claim, the timing doesn't really matter.

And since enterprises don't replace phones on a two year cycle, BlackBerry is probably on a 3 year refresh plan. Which means the all touch upgrade to the Z30 is 2016, not 2015. :-(

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    03-05-15 09:22 AM
    The only issue I have with this report is the 64 bit processor and the ram... The OS has to be reworked for 64 bit performance, which it most likely has not. Most likely this is why no announcement had been made on the actual date of the phone. This leaves one of two conditions: either the phone is running on two gigs and has three for once the software is updated or, it is running another OS altogether. Another OS could mean something like 10.4 very early build, or even android... thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Are you insane? LOL, Android? That will never happen. It's most likely BB10.3.2 update. And no the OS does not need to be reworked for the sake of 64-Bit Processing. This has 8 CPU Cores, 4 32-Bit and 4 64-Bit. So yes this can function as a Quad-Core with 3GB of ram just like the Passport just fine. If eventually 64-Bit mobile computing takes off, a simple OS update would activate those cores. Quite simple actually.
    thedose likes this.
    03-05-15 09:39 AM
    Enterprises don't buy on a Christmas gift based schedule. If BlackBerry is focused on the enterprise, as they claim, the timing doesn't really matter.

And since enterprises don't replace phones on a two year cycle, BlackBerry is probably on a 3 year refresh plan. Which means the all touch upgrade to the Z30 is 2016, not 2015. :-(

Posted via CB10
    Where does it say BlackBerry is concentrating on the Enterprise per say? Sure there one target audience is the Enterprise, that is why they released Leap, Passport & Classic. Devices that are also for the consumer markets. This Slider device is not geared toward the Enterprise, its geared toward the consumer market that have been bickering about wanting a high end BB10 based smart phone. A replacement for Z30, Z10 along with a bunch of current Android and iOS users looking for something different. In the end, both the Consumer and the Enterprise can buy it.

2015 is the growth year which John Chen has spoken about several times, which is why this Slider needs to be available ASAP.
    03-05-15 09:43 AM
    Lol.. these are the same specs that were rumored for the Passport. Personally, I'm not ruling out a switch to Samsung's Exynos here. Samsung wants to play ball with the likes of Qualcomm and aside from their own devices, BlackBerry would be good testing grounds.
    03-05-15 09:45 AM
    Absolutely not. They have 2 working models at the Mobile Congress 2015. This new slider should get a release date in around April, May or June, at the earliest. And worst case for the latest, July through September. BlackBerry will want to have this device out as soon as possible, and especially a few months before Christmas.
    I'm reminded of this thread from a year ago: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...photos-912924/

Right after MWC, people were speculating about how long it would take for the Classic to be launched since it was considered to be a relatively minimal hardware revision. The answer turned out to be 9-12 months depending on your carrier. There is also some considerable doubt on this forum as to whether the slider they displayed this week was a working model or not.
    03-05-15 10:07 AM
    That's the one for me "bring it on ".
    New BlackBerry 10 Slider Rumored Spec's.-img_20150304_202310_edit.png

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    03-05-15 11:05 AM
    I remember someone on the forums making up those specs, it was a joke, the poster said not sure about those specs which he listed as 1-4 but number 5 was something along the lines of it being delayed of which he was sure.

Or something of that nature.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:30 AM
    Lol.. these are the same specs that were rumoured for the Passport. Personally, I'm not ruling out a switch to Samsung's Exynos here. Samsung wants to play ball with the likes of Qualcomm and aside from their own devices, BlackBerry would be good testing grounds.
    Completely agree. If the Exynos chip can help optimise battery and OS on Android better than Qualcomm, then why not bring it over to BlackBerry. May benefit our battery optimisation.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 04:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Probably Android new OS - Red Velvet Cake w/ BBM, Hub, etc..., since BlackBerry is moving forward with cross-platform selling, sharing, bartering....

3850 mAH none-Removable Battery?
    Hmmm......
    03-05-15 09:41 PM
    Maybe this is the high end device people have been waiting for. The slide out keyboard is a bonus. It basically caters for two in one. Those that want full touch never have to slide it. Monster!
    I truly hope this device lives up to the hype.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-05-15 09:45 PM
    All I have to say is Verizon better be carrying this baby or off to AT and T I go once this is released. This is what I'm waiting for. Keyboard and virtual capabilities means all aspects are covered by me in less in person it's too bulky or made to cheaply, then my search will continue

Posted via CB10
    cmdrkeen86 likes this.
    03-06-15 07:22 AM
96 123 ...