Seriously, I don't care aboout the processor or ram or anything else, because I know that BB10 will run smooth on any hardware. What catches my eyes is the Battery size, to me, it is the deal breaker and also a killer feature in 2015.
    03-13-15 01:56 AM
    Seriously, I don't care aboout the processor or ram or anything else, because I know that BB10 will run smooth on any hardware. What catches my eyes is the Battery size, to me, it is the deal breaker and also a killer feature in 2015.
    You should care. BB10's absolute minimum hardware spec's to ensure a smooth experience is Minimum Dual-Core 1.5GHz and 2GB of Ram. BB10 runs great on my Q5 (Dual-Core @ 1.2GHz w/ 2GB of Ram) but do notice some stutter/slowdowns depending on the task, such as loading web pages from some websites. Some sites load fast and others slow. This could probably be the actual website and not the device.
    Steelsheen and Joao Oliveira like this.
    03-13-15 02:39 AM
    You should care. BB10's absolute minimum hardware spec's to ensure a smooth experience is Minimum Dual-Core 1.5GHz and 2GB of Ram. BB10 runs great on my Q5 (Dual-Core @ 1.2GHz w/ 2GB of Ram) but do notice some stutter/slowdowns depending on the task, such as loading web pages from some websites. Some sites load fast and others slow. This could probably be the actual website and not the device.
    You can rest assure that this will NOT have a dual core processor

Snapdragon 801 with 2.2ghz Quad-Core is the most likely processor if BlackBerry is making it otherwise it will be something on Samsung side. BlackBerry seems to be using the same screen and camera (purely speculation) as the Galaxy S6. So we will see what happens

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    03-13-15 11:48 AM
    You can rest assure that this will NOT have a dual core processor

Snapdragon 801 with 2.2ghz Quad-Core is the most likely processor if BlackBerry is making it otherwise it will be something on Samsung side. BlackBerry seems to be using the same screen and camera (purely speculation) as the Galaxy S6. So we will see what happens

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    Fully Agree, was just explaining to sylau90 that BB10 runs best with absolute Minimum specs being a Dual Core at 1.5GHz and 2GB of Ram. But yes, this Slider should be a beast. BlackBerry, take my money already please.
    03-13-15 07:23 PM
    Hmm what if you could pull the screen down and slides open buttons on the top. That would be cool to get the camera in quick action with dedicated camera buttons.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 09:24 PM
    Hmm what if you could pull the screen down and slides open buttons on the top. That would be cool to get the camera in quick action with dedicated camera buttons.

Posted via CB10
    Nokia N95 style?

New BlackBerry 10 Slider Rumored Spec's.-nokia-n95-02.jpg

There was a time when I thought this was the coolest phone out there.

Posted via CB10
    Steelsheen and Blacklatino like this.
    03-14-15 06:43 PM
    Am a bit disappointed nobody is speculating as to whether or not the keyboard will be capacitive. Search symbol in one of the photos suggest there will be a virtual keyboard also. Two devices in one
    05-09-15 07:26 PM
    Am a bit disappointed nobody is speculating as to whether or not the keyboard will be capacitive. Search symbol in one of the photos suggest there will be a virtual keyboard also. Two devices in one
    None of the pictures of the prototype devices shown at MWC in March showed a virtual keyboard but BlackBerry says it will have both virtual and physical keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 08:07 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    What's the point of speculation... only facts matter... as we get closer to production dates I am sure Crackberry will have some nice info to share...

In any event, this phone will be awesome!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 09:25 PM
    LOL. Like others, I've been down this road many times as we wait and see what will actually be available. While I do like the specs, I really would like to see this available this year with great sales. Makes it a lot easier to expect the FT device next year.......maybe.
    05-11-15 08:29 PM
    The logic to display the touch keyboard on BB10 devices is pretty sophisticated already: portrait and landscape, physical omnipresent keyboard (suppress the touchscreen keyboard) three rows (context sensitive touchscreen keyboard 'extra rows' on the passport) and now a simple API will tell the OS whether the physical slider keyboard is visible or not, and whether to show the touchscreen keyboard: maybe they'll use some fancy new logic with the slider keyboard and show some more keys on screen so the user needn't use the alt or sym keys... I know the slider will have the best of BB10's touchscreen keyboard technology available, because it's already baked in to the OS.

The Torch would lock the device in portrait display when the keyboard was open.

If the keyboard is capacitive, I hope that there will be an option to toggle the keyboard touch sensitivity on and off, put the keyboard into a 'select text' mode like the trackpad could do, and cut /copy / paste buttons that aren't finicky like they are on the touchscreen now.
    05-11-15 08:56 PM
    I thought 64 bit required at least 4Gb ram to be fully operational.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    No, but a large part of the benefit of 64 bit computing is to overcome the 4GB RAM limitation in 32 bit systems. At least that's the way I remember it.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 08:49 PM
    No, but a large part of the benefit of 64 bit computing is to overcome the 4GB RAM limitation in 32 bit systems. At least that's the way I remember it.

Posted via CB10
    That's correct. 32bit can only hold or use 3.6 GB or something around there, while 64bit can hold 100GB++ (much much more)

Waiting eagerly for more information about Slider, Qwerty and Porsche Design hate all this secrecy.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-13-15 11:45 AM
    That's correct. 32bit can only hold or use 3.6 GB or something around there, while 64bit can hold 100GB++ (much much more)

Waiting eagerly for more information about Slider, Qwerty and Porsche Design hate all this secrecy.

100+ GB of RAM confirmed for the slider.
    05-13-15 11:55 AM
    May very well replace my Z if the specs and screen are worth it.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    05-15-15 06:55 AM
    Near the end of 2015 and it'll probably have a 1080p display, 3GB of RAM and an old snapdragon lol.
    05-15-15 12:59 PM
    I wish it had a removable battery... high end phones should come with a battery charger and a spare battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 10:02 PM
    Only thing that bothers me is the heating issue found on the 810... Hope they solved it or BlackBerry is going Exynos like Samsung or Meizu...

블랙베리!  BlackBerry!  Z3-Z10-Slider!
    05-17-15 12:27 AM
    Only thing that bothers me is the heating issue found on the 810... Hope they solved it or BlackBerry is going Exynos like Samsung or Meizu...

If I know BlackBerry and we look at its history, there is a very low chance of there being a 810 inside the slider. If anything it will most likely be a 801 or possibly at absolute max 808. BlackBerry are known for their battery life and if there is a 810 processor inside, there has to be a 5,000mAh or something to make it last 30hours

Last edited by Matty; 05-18-15 at 02:26 PM.
    05-18-15 02:05 PM
    sounds not bad
    05-18-15 02:18 PM
    True, but what gives me a little hope is the dual edge screen from Samsung. If the slider really comes with the dual edge screen, than it would have Qhd resolution based on an we have seen on the S6. And in order to power that screen, it will at least require an 805 or higher. So still not giving up on the top if the line processors, and battery (like any other BlackBerrys except the Z10)

05-18-15 04:41 PM
    True, but what gives me a little hope is the dual edge screen from Samsung. If the slider really comes with the dual edge screen, than it would have Qhd resolution based on an we have seen on the S6. And in order to power that screen, it will at least require an 805 or higher. So still not giving up on the top if the line processors, and battery (like any other BlackBerrys except the Z10)

not really, the LG G3 already had that resolution, and has the same underpinnings of the passport (SD 801), and runs a heavier OS. Althought a lot of G3 users are running a hack to get the phone to run 1080p, reporting better battery life and snappier OS with that lower resolution
    05-20-15 06:37 PM
    not really, the LG G3 already had that resolution, and has the same underpinnings of the passport (SD 801), and runs a heavier OS. Althought a lot of G3 users are running a hack to get the phone to run 1080p, reporting better battery life and snappier OS with that lower resolution
    Forgot about the G3.. but I don't think BlackBerry will make the mistake of putting the same processor in this year's phone as last year's. Seeing how the Z10, Z30, and passport all have a different processors, I am at least expecting an 805.. And speaking of G3, if BlackBerry is wise enough to see from other's mistakes, I don't think BlackBerry will put a processor that can barely handle the resolution.

05-21-15 03:33 AM
    Forgot about the G3.. but I don't think BlackBerry will make the mistake of putting the same processor in this year's phone as last year's. Seeing how the Z10, Z30, and passport all have a different processors, I am at least expecting an 805.. And speaking of G3, if BlackBerry is wise enough to see from other's mistakes, I don't think BlackBerry will put a processor that can barely handle the resolution.

but I wouldn't mind the LG G4's camera, probably the best camera in a smartphone you can buy (excluding the Nokia 1020)
    05-21-15 07:21 AM
    i guess they put an exynos inside
    05-21-15 08:05 AM
96 1234