02-03-19 11:10 PM
33 12
tools
    I need new battery for priv, old drains in 5/6 hours of light usage. I found this battery on aliexpress, it has more capacity than standard (4000mAh instead of 3300). Will it work in my Phone? model: STV100-4. Has anyone tried higher capacity batteries, or batteries from this brand?
    Link: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cEizSHMd
    12-18-18 06:46 AM
    I need new battery for priv, old drains in 5/6 hours of light usage. I found this battery on aliexpress, it has more capacity than standard (4000mAh instead of 3300). Will it work in my Phone? model: STV100-4. Has anyone tried higher capacity batteries, or batteries from this brand?
    Link: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cEizSHMd
    I wouldn't touch anything other than an OEM battery, even if 4000mAh does sound tempting cause the Priv's processor could use that extra juice.

It makes sense that a larger battery would be possible for that phone since a thicker cell could still fit in, due to the flexible back panel.
    12-18-18 10:33 AM
    I've got one, not OEM, but unused since my PRIV packed up. In Oxford UK. Pm me if you wish.
    12-23-18 03:01 AM
    On this issue, I would like to have my battery replaced, with OEM, or better, replacement. Does anyone have some contact information for a provider?
    12-29-18 04:00 PM
    On this issue, I would like to have my battery replaced, with OEM, or better, replacement. Does anyone have some contact information for a provider?
    You didn't find any on ebay ?
    12-29-18 06:56 PM
    You all talk about replacing the battery in the Priv but how do open the phone?
    12-31-18 10:50 AM
    You all talk about replacing the battery in the Priv but how do open the phone?
    There are several how to videos on Youtube.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-18 11:21 AM
    Thank you
    12-31-18 11:23 AM
    Please keep us updated. I'm ready to try this. I'll keep you guys updated.
    01-01-19 09:33 AM
    Don't buy off-brand batteries they never deliver the promised capacity, 4000mAh advertised can easily be far under 3000mAh in reality.

Just ordered a "new oem" battery for cheap from ebay, it's probably a salvaged battery but i will update my findings when i receive it.
    Battery in question: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...D2049935779002
    01-02-19 04:32 AM
    There appears to be three different models of the Priv 4000 MaH battery on AliExpress . It says it could take up to three months to receive it in the mail. I'm still contemplating on buying one to try this.
    01-05-19 01:42 PM
    Also, I saw the YouTube video of the guy opening up the Priv. It looks very easy. Just lift the back off and unscrew two small screws and pop the battery out, replace the battery then screw the two screws back on and close it up. He says the two screws pop out like a Lego piece.
    01-05-19 01:46 PM
    Also, I saw the YouTube video of the guy opening up the Priv. It looks very easy. Just lift the back off and unscrew two small screws and pop the battery out, replace the battery then screw the two screws back on and close it up. He says the two screws pop out like a Lego piece.
    It is very easy, I done it a couple times.

However, I would NOT recommend using anything other than an OEM BlackBerry Priv battery, no matter how tempting it may be to cram a 4000 MAH cell in that guzzler of a phone
    01-06-19 09:12 AM

However, I would NOT recommend using anything other than an OEM BlackBerry Priv battery, no matter how tempting it may be to cram a 4000 MAH cell in that guzzler of a phone
    Did the battery life to the batteries you used improve the battery life? If so, how much better? Right now, I get about 12 hours of battery life.
    01-06-19 10:13 AM

I decided I wasn't going to change batteries yet. I ended up finding out that if I disabled the unnecessary permissions to my apps, it speeds up the phone alot. I'm also getting over a days worth of battery now. I recommend! It's buried in the settings. Check out guys!
    01-06-19 12:49 PM
    I decided I wasn't going to change batteries yet. I ended up finding out that if I disabled the unnecessary permissions to my apps, it speeds up the phone alot. I'm also getting over a days worth of battery now. I recommend! It's buried in the settings. Check out guys!
    Did you buy your Priv brand new ? If so, how long ago ?
    01-06-19 12:50 PM
    Did you buy your Priv brand new ? If so, how long ago ?
    I bought it used off Swappa for $150 about three months ago. The seller said that the battery to the Priv gets him through the day and it doesn't overheat. I haven't really had a problem with heating like he said. It was getting me through the day as stated when the screen is off and through light usage, but when I start using the phone for longer periods of time, it starts draining pretty quickly. The battery still didn't last over a day like it should. But turning off the permissions, I feel like this is how the Priv should be running. Smooth and over a day battery life.

Go to SETTINGS>APPS> HIT THE GEAR BUTTON ON THE TOP RIGHT> APP PERMISSIONS> Just look through the settings. I'm pretty sure everyone has permissions they don't need. Also be sure to SHOW SYSTEM by pressing the three dots at the top right for each settings. There are hidden permissions with some apps you can turn off too.

Also disable any bloatware.

I'm gonna try a battery saving apps and task killers now to see if I can squeeze some more juice out of it.
    01-06-19 02:33 PM
    I bought it used off Swappa for $150 about three months ago. The seller said that the battery to the Priv gets him through the day and it doesn't overheat. I haven't really had a problem with heating like he said. It was getting me through the day as stated when the screen is off and through light usage, but when I start using the phone for longer periods of time, it starts draining pretty quickly. The battery still didn't last over a day like it should. But turning off the permissions, I feel like this is how the Priv should be running. Smooth and over a day battery life.

Go to SETTINGS>APPS> HIT THE GEAR BUTTON ON THE TOP RIGHT> APP PERMISSIONS> Just look through the settings. I'm pretty sure everyone has permissions they don't need. Also be sure to SHOW SYSTEM by pressing the three dots at the top right for each settings. There are hidden permissions with some apps you can turn off too.

Also disable any bloatware.

I'm gonna try a battery saving apps and task killers now to see if I can squeeze some more juice out of it.
    Honestly, it's worth putting $15 - 25 for a brand new battery and installing it yourself which can be done in like 10 minutes
    01-06-19 02:42 PM
    Honestly, it's worth putting $15 - 25 for a brand new battery and installing it yourself which can be done in like 10 minutes
    Yeah. But I'm getting over a day battery life now. I don't think I'm at the point where the battery is getting too old with my Priv. But I recommend everyone try disabling the permissions to see if it works first before getting a new battery.
    01-06-19 02:49 PM
    Yeah. But I'm getting over a day battery life now. I don't think I'm at the point where the battery is getting too old with my Priv. But I recommend everyone try disabling the permissions to see if it works first before getting a new battery.
    Glad you're getting better performance out of the battery. Gsam Battery Monitor is a great app to view what's using your battery and see the battery health.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-19 03:05 PM
    Also be careful. Some permissions are required so you could mess up your phone a little. If you can't figure out which it was. You can also reset all settings and start over.
    01-06-19 03:11 PM
    do permission changes in small groups of apps and note what you did so you can put it back if trouble comes and not hafta redo everything... also, to avoid this use app backup restore app and keep copies on SD card... just delete seldom used apps from device entirely and only install when needed, easy... some dumb little apps useful once in a blue moon sit there eating resources due to good concept but sloppy coding... keep them as apk on SD card in case
    01-06-19 03:27 PM
    do permission changes in small groups of apps and note what you did so you can put it back if trouble comes and not hafta redo everything... also, to avoid this use app backup restore app and keep copies on SD card... just delete seldom used apps from device entirely and only install when needed, easy... some dumb little apps useful once in a blue moon sit there eating resources due to good concept but sloppy coding... keep them as apk on SD card in case
    Thanks. I never thought of the apk method for least used apps. I'm gonna do that too.
    01-06-19 03:41 PM

Does replacing the battery erase the phone or is it simply unplug and plug in new and everything the same? Curious.
    01-08-19 01:39 AM
    Does replacing the battery erase the phone or is it simply unplug and plug in new and everything the same? Curious.
    Lol no it won't erase a thing.

Remove sim and SD card trays, remove entire back cover, remove the two screws that hold the battery, pop the battery cable out, remove the battery with care as to not damage the power button ribbon which goes underneath it, place the new battery in, plug it in, put the back cover on, and voila
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    01-08-19 09:37 AM
33 12