my priv is fudged right now. It was working fine (albeit a little slow) and then out of nowhere it has decided to stop charging (?) so it has now died and I can't get it to charge/turn back on. I think it's an issue with the charge port very randomly as I have tried the hard software reboot as well as different cables and power sources. It hasn't been mistreated or damaged in the two hours between when the charging issues started and when I had last charged it (I had been on a train headed to toronto and it was in my bag on my lap).

Unfortunately while this hopefully gets fixed I am without a phone. Is it possible to put this sim into the sim port for another phone as my phone info was encrypted I am not sure if other android phones such as a samsung s5 will read/accept this sim. I could also put it in my blackberry q10.

I only ask about this compatibility because when I got this priv it said very clearly to not use the sim from my last bb in it and to only use the new sim due to changes in encryption. I don't know a tonne about this and so I don't want to potentially screw it up and lose my data.
    05-18-19 07:31 AM
    my priv is fudged right now. It was working fine (albeit a little slow) and then out of nowhere it has decided to stop charging (?) so it has now died and I can't get it to charge/turn back on. I think it's an issue with the charge port very randomly as I have tried the hard software reboot as well as different cables and power sources. It hasn't been mistreated or damaged in the two hours between when the charging issues started and when I had last charged it (I had been on a train headed to toronto and it was in my bag on my lap).

Unfortunately while this hopefully gets fixed I am without a phone. Is it possible to put this sim into the sim port for another phone as my phone info was encrypted I am not sure if other android phones such as a samsung s5 will read/accept this sim. I could also put it in my blackberry q10.

I only ask about this compatibility because when I got this priv it said very clearly to not use the sim from my last bb in it and to only use the new sim due to changes in encryption. I don't know a tonne about this and so I don't want to potentially screw it up and lose my data.
    The SIM card can be used in any other device that uses the same size.
    05-18-19 08:02 AM