Dear folks!

I have a major problem.
    Today the weather decided to destroy my phone(rain).

The rain came inside my phone and went into a boot loop for a few minutes.

After a few minutes after being able to startup normally, it started to show off strange colors (different hue from 1 side of the screen compared to the other). Then i restarted my phone and i noticed a lot of black lines and some colored dots.

few minutes later i decided to just live with this, and started looking around... the first video that i watched made my phone go crazy... in a matter of a few seconds i saw more strange colors untill it all became black.

This is not the first time i've been in battle with a destroyed screen and a workaround to get access through secondary monitor or mirroring apps, or blindly browsing etc. whethers it's phone or laptop etc.

so now back to the point:

- I have USB debugging enabled.
    - I have OTG cable and a keyboard/mouse.
    - I have other phones/tablet/PC

how can i access my phone?

My ideas:
    - Being able to share screen somehow? through OTG?
    - Finding a way to install apps on it and access it e.g. Teamviewer/Splashtop/?
    - Blindly browsing to do something...

as my usb settings are always on usb charging only by default i have a hard time doing the first 2 options. Unless i forgot a detail? the phone is UNROOTED(i wanted to root it but i've heard it was useless as blackberry would throw up a patch very fast to counter it? + the method was a lot more hacky then usual?).

I've found some tutorials through googling about blind browsing but they are all most likely uncompatible due to different android version. + other possible differences between phone brands.

So i am in need of the following details, i hope someone is willing to help me.

- Which shortcut (or combination of) opens settings? i know win+n opens the notification bar.

- Where can i enable MTP forever (and how to access it by keyboard?) as this is probaly the reason why my phone can't be found by ADB? (my other phone does).

I am even willing to drop a donation through paypal for the person who wants to help me. By the way the phone is still android 5.0 or 5.1 i never updated it 6.0?

Kind regards,

Barend
    06-27-20 07:29 PM
    After a few minutes after being able to startup normally, it started to show off strange colors (different hue from 1 side of the screen compared to the other). Then i restarted my phone and i noticed a lot of black lines and some colored dots.

few minutes later i decided to just live with this, and started looking around... the first video that i watched made my phone go crazy...
    I can't understand why you did not use that time to backup any vital info on the phone. Watch a video? SMH ...

Oh Well, too late now. What are you hoping to accomplish? Is it data recovery from on-device storage? If you have WiFi or Bluetooth active you can try to connect to it over those.
    barendtje likes this.
    06-27-20 09:34 PM
    Dear folks!

I have a major problem.
    Today the weather decided to destroy my phone(rain).

The rain came inside my phone and went into a boot loop for a few minutes.

few minutes later i decided to just live with this, and started looking around... the first video that i watched made my phone go crazy... in a matter of a few seconds i saw more strange colors untill it all became black.

This is not the first time i've been in battle with a destroyed screen and a workaround to get access through secondary monitor or mirroring apps, or blindly browsing etc. whethers it's phone or laptop etc.

so now back to the point:

- I have USB debugging enabled.
    - I have OTG cable and a keyboard/mouse.
    - I have other phones/tablet/PC

how can i access my phone?

My ideas:
    - Being able to share screen somehow? through OTG?
    - Finding a way to install apps on it and access it e.g. Teamviewer/Splashtop/?
    - Blindly browsing to do something...

as my usb settings are always on usb charging only by default i have a hard time doing the first 2 options. Unless i forgot a detail? the phone is UNROOTED(i wanted to root it but i've heard it was useless as blackberry would throw up a patch very fast to counter it? + the method was a lot more hacky then usual?).

I've found some tutorials through googling about blind browsing but they are all most likely uncompatible due to different android version. + other possible differences between phone brands.

So i am in need of the following details, i hope someone is willing to help me.

- Which shortcut (or combination of) opens settings? i know win+n opens the notification bar.

- Where can i enable MTP forever (and how to access it by keyboard?) as this is probaly the reason why my phone can't be found by ADB? (my other phone does).

I am even willing to drop a donation through paypal for the person who wants to help me. By the way the phone is still android 5.0 or 5.1 i never updated it 6.0?

Kind regards,

Barend
    I’d try a local professional at this point.
    barendtje likes this.
    06-27-20 09:40 PM
    after struggling all day and night i managed to get access to my phone. I do not know why or how...

I smashed a few times the lock/unlock button which flashed a few times the screen untill at some point the screen was stable... except having 2 vertical lines crossing my screen 1 green and 1 pink color + some dead pixels and black horizontal lines on the horizontal half of my screen...

But atleast i could setup a mirror app/change some settings to access it again.
    Thank you for those who have answered.
    06-27-20 11:44 PM