Hi everyone,

So I just ordered my first Android Device (BlackBerry Priv).

I red some things online about how to handle your first boot up. Like waiting around 20 minutes after the initial setup. I also red something about doing a factory reset after your first big update.

Do you guys have any tips or tricks to make sure my experience will go as smooth as possible and that my phone will be as fast as it possibly can?

Thanks in advance guys and have a great day!!
    12-15-15 04:34 AM
    1. Do initial set up without adding any account.
    2. Search for update, and do the software update.
    3. Factory reset to do setup again now add Google account and do the transfer using the BlackBerry content transfer APP.
    3. Update all BlackBerry APPS by searching on Playstore for BlackBerry (they won't show as update initially but will show after first update).
    3. Set up accounts, avoid contact sync by turning off sync contacts for this account. This will avoid excessive sync and contacts duplicates. If you need to sync contacts don't turn this off but know it will take time and CPU usage in the beginning. There are great contact cleaning APPS on Playstore if you need them.
    3. Download your favorite APPS from Playstore.
    3. Set up your screens layout, group them for easy access, leave the least used ones out of the home page. You can find all the APS on pressing the home button, no need to have all of them on the home pages.
    4. Enjoy and learn the new Android experience, don't get frustrated it will grow on you and you will love it.
    5. Read Crackberry and ask questions, don't mind the Trols or the frustrated members.

Have fun is the best device

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on BlackBerry Priv from SBB
    12-15-15 06:28 AM
    My PRIV will be arriving in a few days can't wait! The question I have is why all the initial setup do this then,then do this now. Does it really matter? Why not just do the initial setup and enter account info when prompted to do so?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 07:13 AM
    My PRIV will be arriving in a few days can't wait! The question I have is why all the initial setup do this then,then do this now. Does it really matter? Why not just do the initial setup and enter account info when prompted to do so?

Posted via CB10
    I did it the way you said and it went well just giving him what he wanted, a way to do it with less lagging or overheating

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on BlackBerry Priv from SBB
    12-15-15 07:39 PM