Just purchased a new Unlocked Priv from the NY store and will set up tomorrow. I had a Priv initially but returned it for several defects and trying again now but unsure of what to do in which order:

Should we download MM first and then update all the BlackBerry Apps or update all Apps first and then the OS?

I'm on TMOBILE in the US. Many thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 08:28 PM
    Update the OS first and then then apps. There will be additional app updates after you do the update.
    FF22 and zephyr613 like this.
    07-06-16 09:15 PM
    Update the OS first and then then apps. There will be additional app updates after you do the update.
    Many thanks c_bryant! Honored to get advice directly from Team BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-07-16 01:00 AM
    Happy to help
    Wezard, zephyr613 and tonycara57 like this.
    07-07-16 08:12 AM
    Thanks for asking this question! My Priv is out for delivery today and I had the same question. Any other tips/tricks on setting up and optimizing a new Priv would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    07-07-16 10:26 AM
    Thanks for asking this question! My Priv is out for delivery today and I had the same question. Any other tips/tricks on setting up and optimizing a new Priv would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    Generally I'd suggest (as far as order of operations goes)....

- Go through the device setup wizard and get all signed in with your Google account
    - Update the OS to MM assuming it's available for your carrier
    - Download all the latest updated apps that are preloaded (hub, calendar, etc.) and any apps you want from the Google Play store
    - Setup account in Hub etc.
    07-07-16 11:19 AM
    Open the box first and feel it in your hands and turn on and update then update all the apps one at a time
    07-07-16 11:56 AM
    Open the box first and feel it in your hands and turn on and update then update all the apps one at a time
    Open the box first, dang I knew I missed a step:-)
    FF22 likes this.
    07-07-16 12:42 PM
    Open the box first, dang I knew I missed a step:-)
    Well im just trying to help any way i can, so proceed now, lol
    07-07-16 05:02 PM
    My new Priv completed updating to MM pretty quick but it's still downloading all the updates for all the built in Apps.

Q: once everything is updated and rebooted, I'll have three email accounts. If I elect to sync and show last 90 days of emails or last 100 emails to display, will they all show as new messages that need to be read OR will all the old read emails sync nicely to show they're already read? Two are gmail and one is an imap.

Also do we choose to turn them off from syncing so we don't get double notifications (hub and apps)?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 06:13 PM
    My new Priv completed updating to MM pretty quick but it's still downloading all the updates for all the built in Apps.

Q: once everything is updated and rebooted, I'll have three email accounts. If I elect to sync and show last 90 days of emails or last 100 emails to display, will they all show as new messages that need to be read OR will all the old read emails sync nicely to show they're already read? Two are gmail and one is an imap.

Also do we choose to turn them off from syncing so we don't get double notifications (hub and apps)?

Posted via CB10
    Once you have everything set up, if you prefer to use the hub, you can disable Gmail and whatever other email providers app that you have and everything will come through the hub. That eliminates the double notifications.
    FF22 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    07-07-16 09:04 PM
    Once you have everything set up, if you prefer to use the hub, you can disable Gmail and whatever other email providers app that you have and everything will come through the hub. That eliminates the double notifications.
    Perfect thank you! All seems to be working as expected.

Posted via CB10
    misterabrasive likes this.
    07-08-16 01:12 AM
    Android really is so much easier to re-setup a device....
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-08-16 10:49 AM