04-30-16 06:16 AM
30 12
tools
    And how do you use abbreviations and acronyms? Double space doesn't work with things like NASA, this is what fracks me off and when i get MOST frustrated.
    Something that may help you if you use certain acronyms often: they can be added to your dictionary and will become predictive options. I have been "teaching" my keyboard words, during the course of my work. Type out your acronym the way you want it to appear (caps and all) and then press on the word (or acronym, as the case may be). A dialogue box will appear and one of the options will be "add to dictionary."Click on that and you will have added your acronym to your personal dictionary and it will come up as one of the predictive options when you start to type it. I also set up my keyboard with 2 languages, It gives me options for my 2nd language and I can add words in the 2nd language to the dictionary as well.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-29-16 04:11 AM
    My only problem with the Priv is the incompatible combination of qHD screen, Snapdragon 808 and enabled encryption by default. The GPU can't render qHD smoothly at 60fps and the CPU is unable to stay cool with encryption enabled.

I'd like to see a Priv lite, with a 1080p screen, Snapdragon 801 and encryption turned off by default. This would fix everything from stuttering and lagging, to heating and battery drain.

Looking forward to the Rome.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 08:28 AM
    Utilizing predictive text and/swiping up hinders work flow, for me. I understand the reasoning behind the placements of the shift and the alt keys from a design rationale, however, intuitively it is a complete PITA.

Perhaps giving us the ability to switch the keys via a setting could be included into a future build?

Posted via CB PRIV.
    StuzaTheGreat likes this.
    04-29-16 08:34 AM
    My only problem with the Priv is the incompatible combination of qHD screen, Snapdragon 808 and enabled encryption by default. The GPU can't render qHD smoothly at 60fps and the CPU is unable to stay cool with encryption enabled.

I'd like to see a Priv lite, with a 1080p screen, Snapdragon 801 and encryption turned off by default. This would fix everything from stuttering and lagging, to heating and battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    I beg to differ, I don't have stuttering and lagging heating and battery drain on my priv
    04-29-16 08:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not saying the problem you describe doesn't exist but I don't experience it. I don't recall ever seeing stuttering or lagging and the battery is excellent, for me. The phone does sometimes get hot but I think that's just the SoC when it's doing heavy work and is usually quite short.
    04-30-16 06:16 AM
30 12