Has anybody else noticed how much worse the vkb is on the priv that it was on the z10 or z30?

My list of complaints include: input lag, poor autocorrect (when compared to the z devices), and for some reason I just seem to hit the wrong keys much more often than I ever did on either of the z devices.

The effect of this is it pushes me towards the physical keyboard all the time whenever I want to type anything longer than a sentence. This is just me speculating and wondering but doesn't that benefit blackberry in the long term by making me value physical keyboard devices whereas if the virtual keyboard was as good as it is on the z devices I may never slide the priv open and since BlackBerry sees the physical keyboard as its primary differentiator that may push me towards considering other android devices not made by BlackBerry when it is time for my next upgrade.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-31-16 08:50 AM
    Now that is a conspiracy! Hahaha

There's lots of awesome keyboards on Android, why don't you try some and use that Tasker profile in the Swiftkey thread so you can still have word prediction when using the PKB?
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-31-16 09:00 AM
    I have indeed noticed that the Priv VKB doesn't learn words as well as my Z10. Even though I repeat certain phrases a lot, they just don't show up in the predictive text.
    01-31-16 09:20 AM
    The only issue I have is that I seem to type "v" or "b" a LOT instead of the space bar. Not sure why. I do prefer the physical keyboard, though and I try to use it as much as possible.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    01-31-16 09:58 AM
    There's no doubt it's better on BB10, but I would assume that's simply because BB had to port it over. I would imagine if they ported it over to iOS it would have the same issues that need to be ironed out with updates.
    01-31-16 10:55 AM
    There's no doubt it's better on BB10, but I would assume that's simply because BB had to port it over. I would imagine if they ported it over to iOS it would have the same issues that need to be ironed out with updates.
    I actually don't think this is the reason. Mainly because BlackBerry has had an apk of their virtual keyboard since the day that the z10 was released. If you pull apart a bb10 leak you can get to the apk but it is uninstallable. On bb10 whenever you use a keyboard in an android app instead of a native app you are using the ported apk of the BlackBerry virtual keyboard. If I could figure out how to modify the apk file to make it installable on the priv I would be happy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-31-16 11:16 AM
    The only issue I have is that I seem to type "v" or "b" a LOT instead of the space bar. Not sure why. I do prefer the physical keyboard, though and I try to use it as much as possible.
    Indeed I seem to do this a lot too. Usually with the n button though
    01-31-16 12:18 PM
    Indeed I seem to do this a lot too. Usually with the n button though
    The reason i think of is of the android navigation buttons... not sure why, though, but they do take part of the bottom of the screen, shifting up the position of the keys relative to the position they had in BB10.
    02-01-16 06:58 AM
    The VKB works just as well, if not better on my G4 compared to the Z10.
    Atm i'm still using a modded version of the first keyboard, so i have a permanent number row, and prediction everywhere except passwords.
    I have no lag at all, and the keyboard has learned to predict my email address as soon as i get in to an email field.

This has been a fantastic keyboard experience, so i'm wondering if the keyboard woes being described is part of the updated keyboard?
    02-01-16 08:13 AM
    Ironically, I replaced swifkey with a one of the BlackBerry keyboard apks floating around, on a Galaxy S4 active, and it is much better. Almost feels like I could use the phone on a daily basis.

Maybe the Priv screen has some effect? Maybe the little give/screen click at the bottom of the slider is enough vibration to throw it off?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 08:20 AM
    When comparing it to the likes of the z10, you have to take into account the bump in screen size, AND the onscreen navigation buttons beneath the keyboard; both aspects mean the keys are not in the same spot as they were on your z10. Of course you'd have to readjust muscle memory.
    As for lag or anything else, well, that's just software that BB has to work on improving in their port over to Android. I haven't noticed any, but, I switched to the (in my opinion) superior SwiftKey.
    02-01-16 10:32 AM
    Z30 FTW

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 09:32 PM
    What would you guys say us the best vkb other than the blackberry one?

I welcome my stalker
    08-27-16 05:22 AM
    What would you guys say us the best vkb other than the blackberry one?

I welcome my stalker
    TouchPal is the best one I've tried. Been using it for years on my previous phones. Depends on where you're from, but it has by far the best dictionary (for prediction and swyping) for my native language.
    08-27-16 11:45 AM