There have been lots of complaints regarding battery life. This is such a subjective thing because it is highly dependent on individual usage habits.

I'm a moderate user of my mobile devices. Hub is set up nicely now (gmail sync is disabled getting rid of double notifications for that account). I'm very happy with my battery life. It wasn't so for the first couple of days.

I unplugged from the charger over 17 hours ago and right now I'm at 59% and about 23 hours estimated battery life. Realistically, it's more like 15 hours now that it is the waking hours.

What I did was the typical battery conditioning which many say doesn't need to be done nowadays but I still do it. Drained the battery and charged to full for a couple cycles. All seems to be good.

tl;dr Priv's massive battery lasts a looong time.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-10-15 09:28 AM
    So all you pretty much did as disable Gmail sync?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:53 AM
    So all you pretty much did as disable Gmail sync?

Posted via CB10
    That was the main thing I did. All of my accounts are run through Hub (1 Exchange, 4 IMAP, Gmail). Facebook, LinkedIn and Messages (SMS) were automatically added and notifications cannot be controlled directly via Hub but through the individual apps. I'm also doing some minor DTEK logging to see how many times Facebook and LinkedIn accesses my contacts (which isn't too often but I didn't sync Facebook contacts whereas I did with LinkedIn).

And I did the mythical battery conditioning
    11-10-15 09:58 AM
    I'm having a very different experience. 2.5 hours off the charger and I'm down to 50%. I'm not using it any differently than I used the Passport, which would have been ~85% at this point...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 11:06 AM
    Off the charger at 630 am....my screen has been on for most of the morning and I'm sitting at 51% at the moment. I don't think that's bad at all

Posted via Blackberry "Perv"
    11-10-15 11:09 AM
    Hi, @work I have to choose: iphone (yup) passport or the priv. I can't decide between passport and priv (comming from the Q10). Any help or tips?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:13 AM
    I'm having a very different experience. 2.5 hours off the charger and I'm down to 50%. I'm not using it any differently than I used the Passport, which would have been ~85% at this point...

Wow. I think you may have a bunch of background processes happening there that is killing your battery. It also depends on how much you're using the phone. Looking at battery usage the screen "on" time definitely has the highest percent usage.
    11-10-15 12:43 PM
    Seems a lot of battery issues are related to Hub/Sync issues that chew up resources in the background. Creating a frustrating launch for those that are affected by it.
    11-10-15 12:48 PM
    The only app I see draining bat if i have open is King's games once again.
    Same as on PP, but at least on PP when you minimize it it doesn't drain.
    On the Priv, King's game drains battery constantly regardless.
    Unplugged mine at 5:28 AM - at 11 AM and it is at 44%.
    That's with 1 hr of screen time on Crush Soda, 30 minutes on BBM meeting using BT and emails on and off all morning.
    I have 1 Work email
    3x gmail and 1 x yahoo,
    Facebook/twitter and linkedin setup for hub. all with default sync time.
    11-10-15 12:59 PM
    The only app I see draining bat if i have open is King's games once again.
    Same as on PP, but at least on PP when you minimize it it doesn't drain.
    On the Priv, King's game drains battery constantly regardless.
    Unplugged mine at 5:28 AM - at 11 AM and it is at 44%.
    That's with 1 hr of screen time on Crush Soda, 30 minutes on BBM meeting using BT and emails on and off all morning.
    I have 1 Work email
    3x gmail and 1 x yahoo,
    Facebook/twitter and linkedin setup for hub. all with default sync time.
    This isn't a BlackBerry hardware issue but an Android OS issue (and bad app programming). Apps you think are closed and dormant aren't really closed and dormant unless you go into the app settings and "force stop".
    11-10-15 01:05 PM

Does your Priv run hot as well? The Reviewer at VentureBeat had the same experience, and in this review he states that he removed and then re-added all him email accounts and that fixed everything. Something to try anyway. BlackBerry Priv review: Android with a hardware keyboard is wonderful | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Emil Protalinski
    11-10-15 01:08 PM
    I don't own a Priv but from what I've read so far:

1st update all BlackBerry Apps
    2nd keep Gmail from double sync
    3rd cycle battery as suggested by op
    4th lower brightness
    5th turn off vibrate

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 01:18 PM
    How do you turn off vibrate? I've been trying to figure that out.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 01:49 PM
    5th day with the Priv and was getting worried about poor battery life.

Read everything I could on here and turned off certain things mentioned in threads and the battery is getting way better.

Turned off location
    Turned off WiFi when not home
    Turned off sync to and just use push for email
    Lowered brightness to where I like it

Unplugged at 2am at 100% used it a fair bit this morning for emails, texts, and calls. 11:50 am now and sitting at 82%.

I'm thinking the battery is just gonna get better with use and updates!!!!
    11-10-15 01:52 PM
    I don't own a Priv but from what I've read so far:

1st update all BlackBerry Apps
    2nd keep Gmail from double sync
    3rd cycle battery as suggested by op
    4th lower brightness
    5th turn off vibrate

Posted via CB10
    I would add two more to the top of that list:

1) Disable "Improved accuracy" aka WiFi scanning. Ever look at DTEK and notice your location was accessed 27 times by Yahoo Weather even with your location off? That's because of Wi-Fi scanning.

2) Disable "Enhanced 4G LTE services" under "Cellular Networks".
    Lefty724 likes this.
    11-10-15 02:13 PM
    Lots of great suggestions. I have echo BerryRipe - I also lowered my default screen brightness. This will definitely help with battery life (and not make you go blind from the burning out your retinas with an overly bright screen).
    11-10-15 02:28 PM
    Does your Priv run hot as well? The Reviewer at VentureBeat had the same experience, and in this review he states that he removed and then re-added all him email accounts and that fixed everything. Something to try anyway. BlackBerry Priv review: Android with a hardware keyboard is wonderful | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Emil Protalinski
    I will give this a try. Yes, it runs quite hot. Even the screen gets warm to the touch.
    My HUB has been working very poorly. It doesn't bring in text at all, and only 1/3 of emails come through (and those are several hours late). Hopefully re-adding all accounts can resolve all 3 issues.

11-10-15 10:25 PM
    I had some terrible battery life until I found that I had set up the Sync interval to 15 min instead of "Never" and selecting "Use Push if supported". I can't believe I missed that. It made a huge difference! I have 10 different emails so I'm sure that was the main culprit.

Now its not running hot like before. I'll give it time and see if the battery life is different, but after an hour I've noticed a massive difference.
    dietertong likes this.
    11-13-15 08:29 AM
    The Priv battery life is really poor. I have both at&t version and unlocked version. I swap them. From my experience, unlocked version battery life is way better than at&t, but still poor consider the 3410 mAh capacity.

I think becsuse the poor SoC management. Blackberry didn't make SoC power efficient, that's why even Priv use Qualcomm 808 but still hot as 810. 810 is not a good chip because the hot and poor power management. That's also why V10 choose to use 808 instead of 810. Of course manager of LG won't admit that. But blackberry doesn't even do a good job on 808. This can be fixed by system update. Just like Samsung can extend the note 5 battery life through system update. Hope blackberry will upgrade the system with better battery management ability.
    11-13-15 08:52 AM
    And I did the mythical battery conditioning
    This is probably a dumb question, but you guys keep referencing "typical battery conditioning" and so forth. Would someone mind detailing that for me? Google provides tons of results, but I was just curious if you guys have some special technique that has been effective for you
    11-13-15 09:06 AM
    I bought the device and am not happy about the battery. I have been using it from past 3 days. I have a BB passport also.
    I replaced iPhone 6 plus with PRIV. iPhone 6 plus battery was amazing. But PRIV seems to be not so good. I need to charge it twice a day for the usage whereas iPhone 6 plus and passport I charge every other day. I presume Blackberry is aware of this and working on improving the battery usage.
    11-13-15 09:14 AM