My Priv was randomly restarting itself on occasions and one time it wouldn't restart so I tried holding down the power and volume down buttons, which worked. Next time it happened and the two button solution didn't work, so I tried holding down the power button for 32 seconds and this worked. However, the other day neither worked and all I have is Priv that is continually in startup mode but never completes. This means I can't back up anything, which is very inconvenient as I now have a new phone but can't transfer anything. I thought my sim card had all my contacts backed up to it, but it hadn't - nightmare. I tried contacting Blackberry in the UK but the number provided only deal with later model Blackberry models. Ditto if you try and communicate via their website - no option to select Priv if you have issues! I was given another freephone number that is based in the US but having tried every one of the options, they all tell you to contact their website. So a complete waste of time Blackberry having this number. I tried using their online contact form but as I don't know my IMEI number I can't complete or submit the form. I today took my Priv to a local phone repair shop and they said it sounded like a software problem and if they looked at it they would wipe everything on my phone and it would be the same if I sent it to the UK authorised repairers. This will defeat the object of me trying to retrieve my contacts, apps, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to revive my Priv? I realise that my phone is well over 3 years old now, and up until the last few days I didn't want to get rid of it as it was perfect for my needs. Now, once I (hopefully) get it working I certainly won't be getting another Blackberry ever again as their customer service is absolute s**t. How can a company abandon its customers because they no longer have a current model? Sorry for the rant! If there are any miracle workers out there with a solution to resurrect my Priv it would be much appreciated as my contacts are currently only in single figures!
    01-25-20 07:12 AM
    My Priv was randomly restarting itself on occasions and one time it wouldn't restart so I tried holding down the power and volume down buttons, which worked. Next time it happened and the two button solution didn't work, so I tried holding down the power button for 32 seconds and this worked. However, the other day neither worked and all I have is Priv that is continually in startup mode but never completes. This means I can't back up anything, which is very inconvenient as I now have a new phone but can't transfer anything. I thought my sim card had all my contacts backed up to it, but it hadn't - nightmare. I tried contacting Blackberry in the UK but the number provided only deal with later model Blackberry models. Ditto if you try and communicate via their website - no option to select Priv if you have issues! I was given another freephone number that is based in the US but having tried every one of the options, they all tell you to contact their website. So a complete waste of time Blackberry having this number. I tried using their online contact form but as I don't know my IMEI number I can't complete or submit the form. I today took my Priv to a local phone repair shop and they said it sounded like a software problem and if they looked at it they would wipe everything on my phone and it would be the same if I sent it to the UK authorised repairers. This will defeat the object of me trying to retrieve my contacts, apps, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to revive my Priv? I realise that my phone is well over 3 years old now, and up until the last few days I didn't want to get rid of it as it was perfect for my needs. Now, once I (hopefully) get it working I certainly won't be getting another Blackberry ever again as their customer service is absolute s**t. How can a company abandon its customers because they no longer have a current model? Sorry for the rant! If there are any miracle workers out there with a solution to resurrect my Priv it would be much appreciated as my contacts are currently only in single figures!
    You sure your contacts are all local, and not synced with gmail, outlook, or some other cloud solution?

We can probably get your phone working again by re-loading the OS - but that would entail a complete wipe.

Otherwise, it seems you have tried everything, and I don't think there are any other options.
    01-25-20 10:11 AM
    You sure your contacts are all local, and not synced with gmail, outlook, or some other cloud solution?

We can probably get your phone working again by re-loading the OS - but that would entail a complete wipe.

Otherwise, it seems you have tried everything, and I don't think there are any other options.
    Could it be the battery?
    01-25-20 12:48 PM
    Could it be the battery?
    Doesn't sound like it. It appears it can stay "loading" for a long period of time.
    01-25-20 01:14 PM
    what about booting safe mode?
    01-25-20 01:52 PM
    if it boots in SafE MODE from bootloader menue after lengthy charging, try to do a factory reset...
    02-01-20 01:25 PM
    Hello
    Did you get the priv sorted out?

Posted via my beautiful priv
    02-01-20 01:32 PM

Unfortunately, all but my most recent contacts (when I was with another network provider) are on the Priv and I wasn't sensible enough to back it up or sync it! I certainly don't want to wipe it if there's an outside chance of getting my contacts back!
    02-01-20 03:04 PM
    It won't boot in any sort of mode! I tried letting the battery completely run out and charging it up again, but that didn't work either! Do you think that someone who's a whizz with computers could access the memory? I'm basically clutching at straws here, but losing all my contacts is a nightmare!
    02-01-20 03:09 PM
    No, sadly not My Priv - once beautiful like yours - has seemingly gone to Blackberry heaven!
    02-01-20 03:10 PM
    It won't boot in any sort of mode! I tried letting the battery completely run out and charging it up again, but that didn't work either! Do you think that someone who's a whizz with computers could access the memory? I'm basically clutching at straws here, but losing all my contacts is a nightmare!
    Memory is encrypted, so unless you know someone with a supercomputer that works at the NSA, you're out of luck - and even that would be a longshot.
    02-02-20 01:59 PM
    I don't know what NSA is, but I'm guessing it's where computer geeks work! Earlier this evening I thought I'd found some Blackberry files backed up onto my SD card but when I clicked on them they were empty My music files were there though and I've been able to access them on my new mobiles, which is good, but I would have preferred to have gotten my contacts! I do think it's bad that Blackberry are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to helping - it's like they just don't care if you don't have the latest model of their 'phone.
    02-02-20 02:57 PM
    I don't know what NSA is, but I'm guessing it's where computer geeks work! Earlier this evening I thought I'd found some Blackberry files backed up onto my SD card but when I clicked on them they were empty My music files were there though and I've been able to access them on my new mobiles, which is good, but I would have preferred to have gotten my contacts! I do think it's bad that Blackberry are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to helping - it's like they just don't care if you don't have the latest model of their 'phone.
    They can't do anything about it anyway. The Priv is also the only BlackBerry Android device that BlackBerry Limited supports - and it went full EOL in Dec. All others are supported by BlackBerry Mobile (TCL).
    02-02-20 03:44 PM
    They can't do anything about it anyway. The Priv is also the only BlackBerry Android device that BlackBerry Limited supports - and it went full EOL in Dec. All others are supported by BlackBerry Mobile (TCL).
    That just about sums up my luck! Thank you for your helpful comments!
    02-03-20 03:56 PM
    I don't know what NSA is, but I'm guessing it's where computer geeks work!
    Sort of...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Agency
    02-04-20 04:17 PM
    One thing you might try is, get another Android phone and sign into your Google account with it. You may discover that your contacts were synced to your Google account after all. Google is pretty aggressive about Hoovering up as much of your data as possible, so unless you went to some trouble to *prevent* them from syncing your contacts, there's a good chance your Google account has at least some of them.
    02-04-20 04:21 PM
    One thing you might try is, get another Android phone and sign into your Google account with it. You may discover that your contacts were synced to your Google account after all. Google is pretty aggressive about Hoovering up as much of your data as possible, so unless you went to some trouble to *prevent* them from syncing your contacts, there's a good chance your Google account has at least some of them.
    I've got three different Google accounts (I got confused when I couldn't remember my passwords, so just added new accounts!) and have accessed all three of them but there's zilch in them! Why can't Google be intrusive and save stuff when you don't even ask them to?! I currently have more apps on my new Android 'phone than I do contacts!
    02-04-20 04:33 PM
    Figures. The one time you want Google to be nosy is the one time they actually respected your privacy.
    02-10-20 04:34 PM