So I got a Priv about a month ago from verizon and noticed some things. Firstly, I noticed it takes forever to recognize my SIM and shows no service for a good five minutes when rebooted. Also, some texts don't even come in. Secondly, I noticed it lags and app updates and installs are crazy slow. I had four updates take an hour last night. I factory reset it today and it has taken three hours to put my apps back on. Last thing I noticed which isn't major is horrible resolution on snapchat in regards to taking pictures and video. Playback is blurry and minecraft-esq. Like I said, not a huge deal as I don't use snapchat often. Is this familiar to anybody or am I dealing with a lemon? It's updated to Marshmallow and has the lastest security updates
    02-25-17 03:38 PM
    So I got a Priv about a month ago from verizon and noticed some things. Firstly, I noticed it takes forever to recognize my SIM and shows no service for a good five minutes when rebooted. Also, some texts don't even come in. Secondly, I noticed it lags and app updates and installs are crazy slow. I had four updates take an hour last night. I factory reset it today and it has taken three hours to put my apps back on. Last thing I noticed which isn't major is horrible resolution on snapchat in regards to taking pictures and video. Playback is blurry and minecraft-esq. Like I said, not a huge deal as I don't use snapchat often. Is this familiar to anybody or am I dealing with a lemon? It's updated to Marshmallow and has the lastest security updates
    I would simply return it for an exchange
    02-25-17 03:45 PM
    Easier said than done. Verizon keeps giving me the run around and asurion told me it isn't covered even thought I pay the monthly insurance
    02-25-17 03:46 PM
    Have you tried a new sim card? It's crazy what replacing those can fix sometimes.
    02-25-17 05:17 PM
    Really does sound like a SIM card issue.
    02-25-17 05:27 PM
    I haven't actually. The SIM is new and came with the blackberry when I bought it in late January
    02-25-17 05:36 PM
    I read many comments about issues of priv and I'm wondering where they come from. As my phone works just fine and no even one issue still. I really love my priv.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    02-26-17 12:15 AM
    My Priv on TMO started to do the same things that op mentioned. One month before the one year warrantee was up and the Priv got worse. It started to lock up. Factory resets and reloading the os had no affect. I finally got a replacement from TMO and this one so far is okay. The replacement, I suspect, was a refurb job. After paying $700 plus for it brand new I was hoping for a new one. Oh well, I will keep using it and hope for the best.
    02-26-17 04:31 AM
    I haven't actually. The SIM is new and came with the blackberry when I bought it in late January
    Even so, I'd try this first and shouldn't cost you a dime. I've had to replace a sim a month or 2 after getting a new device even though they put a new card in when I bought it.
    02-26-17 08:34 AM
    My Priv on TMO started to do the same things that op mentioned. One month before the one year warrantee was up and the Priv got worse. It started to lock up. Factory resets and reloading the os had no affect. I finally got a replacement from TMO and this one so far is okay. The replacement, I suspect, was a refurb job. After paying $700 plus for it brand new I was hoping for a new one. Oh well, I will keep using it and hope for the best.
    Same thing here. Had a volume button stop working 4 months in. Since it was a hardware issue, it got replaced, albeit, with a refurb. Initially it left a bad taste in my mouth for the same reason yours did, but I have had way less issues with this one than my brand new one. Oh well.
    02-26-17 04:50 PM
    So I finally got a hold of a Verizon rep whom wasn't useless. They're overnighting me a replacement as well as a new SIM card. He said he feels the processor is defective. I had a Priv last year which I regrettably sold and it didn't have any of these issues. We'll see tomorrow with the new one.
    02-26-17 06:11 PM
    Well, I got my replacement and it has the exact same issues. I'm going to chalk it up as a software issue?
    02-27-17 07:27 PM
    Snapchat does have very bad resolution in the app. Worse than other Android devices I've used. Do you lose field of view when you hold down the record button on Snapchat? Drives me crazy. You can't frame the video before you start recording or you'll lose most of the image. You can prevent losing FOV in the official camera app by changing settings (god knows why this even is possible, you should never randomly lose FOV, but I digress), but this doesn't work in Snapchat. I've never seen this be an issue on other Android phones. Playback can be extremely jittery. Someone in my house has my old Note II and it runs Snapchat better than the Priv, so embarrassing! Even my old Nexus 4 runs it better (although it does have a prompt for random restarts when you open the app, even though it hasn't happened to me yet).

I don't have the same problems regarding reception/texts. I do have poor reception and a lot of poor performance as a result (it struggles hard to get reception again when this happens, slowing down the whole phone dramatically), but I guess my Priv's antenna isn't as strong as my other devices. When I'm outside it behaves like it's supposed to.
    02-27-17 07:27 PM
    Well I received my replacement today it's just as bad as the original. Slow apps installing and updating as well as the poor camera quality. It's not even just snap chat. I noticed today it's every third party app using the camera. Skype, instagram, snapchat, and even Google duo. Verizon thinks blackberry has an issue with their marshmallow update
    02-27-17 09:37 PM
    Verizon always thinks it is BlackBerry's fault. May be, but if Verizon checks it like they say they do, then they are just as responsible.
    02-28-17 12:54 PM
    Hello, I have had my Verizon Priv since launch and have not had any issues. Has been a solid device.
    02-28-17 07:00 PM
    Easier said than done. Verizon keeps giving me the run around and asurion told me it isn't covered even thought I pay the monthly insurance
    What are they offering as a comparable replacement?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 07:10 PM
    Verizon sent me out yet another replacement I'm getting tomorrow. Hopefully this one will be good otherwise I don't know what I'm gonna do. I was talking to Verizon support using the tech coach app and the rep even saw it take five minutes to install one app. I don't recall my priv of last year running lollipop having any of these issues.
    02-28-17 07:15 PM
    Well I received my replacement today it's just as bad as the original. Slow apps installing and updating as well as the poor camera quality. It's not even just snap chat. I noticed today it's every third party app using the camera. Skype, instagram, snapchat, and even Google duo. Verizon thinks blackberry has an issue with their marshmallow update
    Mine will be a year old next week (YIKES!!!) and has not had issues like you are experiencing. What OS is on it? Main Settings, About,
    03-01-17 01:35 PM
    This is android 6.0.1 build number AAJ049. I received another Priv today and yet again, the same issues! This has to be a software issue. Is the O.S and builds different for each carrier and unlocked models? If so this has to be an issue with Verizon's build. I even used the autoboot loader to see if maybe a fresh install would fix it. No dice. what a shame
    03-01-17 04:00 PM
    Could there be a problem with the tower in your area? I find it really odd that you've now gotten two, three or four Verizon Priv's with this same issue.

I guess there could be lags if something is bogging down the process including it having problems on the carrier signals.

Seriously, my Verizon one will be a year old. My Tmobile one is from Nov. I've not had issues like you have. I even updated an app or two while in Barcelona, Spain without any issues.

That the same build number on mine. I got it what, a week or two ago.
    03-01-17 04:35 PM
    This is android 6.0.1 build number AAJ049. I received another Priv today and yet again, the same issues! This has to be a software issue. Is the O.S and builds different for each carrier and unlocked models? If so this has to be an issue with Verizon's build. I even used the autoboot loader to see if maybe a fresh install would fix it. No dice. what a shame
    I have the same build number and no issues. Could it be an app causing you issues? I have very few apps on mine and the only social media apps I have installed is FB, Twitter, and Instagram.
    03-01-17 04:59 PM
    Is it me or most of the issues with the Priv is in the USA? if the problem is with the phone why most of us in Canada don't see that? should we start looking a bit closer to the carriers instead of the phone? just a thought ....
    03-01-17 07:29 PM
    I have the same build number and no issues. Could it be an app causing you issues? I have very few apps on mine and the only social media apps I have installed is FB, Twitter, and Instagram.
    I know a guy whose priv started freezing/malfunctioning after he installed a very large YUGIOH APP, but the problem stopped after he uninstalled the game
    03-01-17 08:21 PM
    Have you checked the network settings? Go to settings, More, Cellular Networks, then Preferred Network Type. Mine is on Global and it's perfect. You may want to play w/ those settings and see if anything changes. Hope that helps.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-02-17 12:34 AM
37 12