So, it's been 5 days, I'm still using my Z30 as my primary device, I would agree with the general consensus that a BB10 user won't be as happy with it compared to an Android user. I initially was super happy with this thing but now I'm unsure.

Some thoughts:

-PKB I really don't get it, maybe I am not giving it enough time but with the punctuations needing the alt key I'm WAY slower with it, also lots of times when using it it moves the spot I was typing at which is annoying and also my thumbs always hit the slider part of the screen
    -VKB I love, the slightly wider size compared to Z30 makes me much faster, I much rather use it everytime, if this device was all touch only I would prefer it
    -I miss notification profiles and how easy that is on BB10, installed an app but doesn't work the same and it's confusing
    -I miss bedside mode, at night I want to see no LED's and receive no sounds/vibrations unless it's a phone call
    -I'm happy with all the apps that run well, instagram/LinkedIn Pulse etc would always close randomly but these work smooth and some others that never worked well like Kijiji now work great
    -I have a Garmin VivoActive watch and now I can get the notifications on the watch which is sweet, though it doesn't do my exchange email through HUB
    -wish more apps were in the hub like instagram
    -miss the swipe to wake and the gestures, several times I accidentally delete hub messages while trying to go back home
    -the picture password is glitchy when I move the numbers around its choppy not smooth
    -hard shell case marked the sides of the device

So, as of right now I'm not sure I will keep it, I would wait for an all touch device or for some of these issues to be resolved, will see how it goes after the next 5 days.

JM
    11-10-15 06:01 PM
    Also, I miss the BlackBerry calculator, having the conversions and tip calculator right there I used that a lot.
    jberb1984 likes this.
    11-10-15 06:13 PM
    when ever i get kinda tired of bb10 i use a zenfone 2 for a day or 2 and get sick of it and go back to my classic, bb10 is just more fluid than android
    11-10-15 06:15 PM
    There is a way to simulate Bedside mode, I'll try to write it up in its own thread tonight.

Also it can certainly do Exchange email unless your ad in got very picky about certain security settings.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    RWB3325 likes this.
    11-10-15 06:21 PM
    There is a way to simulate Bedside mode, I'll try to write it up in its own thread tonight.

Also it can certainly do Exchange email unless your ad in got very picky about certain security settings.

Sorry it does do Exchange email yes that works fine I was just referring to the notifications on my VivoActive I'm not getting Exchange ones, not the PRIV's fault just observation

I noticed the battery life has gotten much better which is nice to see.

From hub when opening a Gmail msg it doesn't re-size and I can't pinch to unzoom so it's hard to view the messages, on my Z30 it resizes automatically
    11-10-15 06:38 PM
    I think some of you guys don't realize how many apps are available with Android... I'm sure there's tons of clock apps that do bedside mode, there's also a bunch of calculators for tips or whatever else kind of calculators you need.... That's the beauty of Android!

11-10-15 06:52 PM
    I think some of you guys don't realize how many apps are available with Android... I'm sure there's tons of clock apps that do bedside mode, there's also a bunch of calculators for tips or whatever else kind of calculators you need.... That's the beauty of Android!

Yeah but then you have to search, download, install, test, uninstall, search more etc and possibly have more than 1 calculator App for what the stock one did. But on the flip side at least I don't have to side load anything I think the severe App limitation on BB10 makes me feel bad for installing a crap load of apps lol.
    11-10-15 07:02 PM
    I think some of you guys don't realize how many apps are available with Android...
    It's like hearing people complain that they miss playing Snake on their smartphone.
    11-10-15 07:04 PM
    Bedside mode is doable quite easily using priority notificaitons. It's true the notification setup is objectively worse and more confusing than BB10s, but you can work aorund it. I've *almost* got mine to where I want it, now.

Double swipe down on the PKB for punctuation to appear on screen.

Hub integration is 'coming' for more apps from what has been said.

Install swipeup utility and set an upswipe to take you back to the homescreen rather than google now. Brings back some of the Bb10 feeling.

I also miss swipe to wake.

Picturepassword works fine for me.
    11-10-15 07:08 PM
    It's like hearing people complain that they miss playing Snake on their smartphone.
    Just getting used to it still

But for real if this was a non slider essentially just an updated slightly larger version of my Z30 with Android, it would likely be cheaper and lighter and I would love it more.
    11-10-15 07:11 PM
    Ok, so I posted a "how to fake bedside mode" thread, I guess it was too long and is awaiting moderator approval. Once it's up it should be a pretty comprehensive How-to.
    11-10-15 07:20 PM
    I'm sure a non slider version will come along... BB had to start with something to differentiate themselves from all the other Android slabs phones out there...

JeromeM likes this.
    11-10-15 07:23 PM
    Remember what JC himself has said though. The majority of the phones are going to have PKB. Unless things have changed as far an that goes, but I'm willing to bet if there is another android phone coming it probably won't be a flagship device

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 07:29 PM
    One more thing I noticed today when trying to edit txt I put the cursor (using VKB ) where I need to make changes and on BB10 you had the arrows to move the position left/right/up/down I can't seem to figure out how to make that work on the PRIV. And I'm not opening the PKB just to use it as a track pad.
    11-11-15 08:08 AM