It's driving me crazy. What can I do please? Takes forever to open apps etc... Help!!
    07-19-18 06:06 PM
    - Clear your cache
    - Uninstall apps you're not using
    - Wipe it and reload

All options that can help.
    07-19-18 10:49 PM
    Try rebooting your phone more than once a week or so otherwise just reset it.
    07-20-18 03:58 AM
    - Clear your cache
    - Uninstall apps you're not using
    - Wipe it and reload

All options that can help.
    Agreed... although a wipe and reload is a PITA, taking the time to do this is worth the time spent... 👍

Bob
    07-20-18 06:59 AM
    I don't think a factory reset is necessary to get the Priv to run more smoothly. Just clear cache and delete any poorly coded or RAM/power hungry apps (unless you really need them)
    07-20-18 08:05 AM
    I don't think a factory reset is necessary to get the Priv to run more smoothly. Just clear cache and delete any poorly coded or RAM/power hungry apps (unless you really need them)
    Clearing the cache and deleting apps that suck up power are a benefit no doubt. Speaking from my personal experience having done a factory reset a couple of times on my Priv , despite it being a time consuming event for me, is definitely worth the hassle.

The Priv just runs more smoothly and is snappier after doing a factory reset... for a while. 😞

Bob
    07-20-18 09:42 AM
    Clearing the cache and deleting apps that suck up power are a benefit no doubt. Speaking from my personal experience having done a factory reset a couple of times on my Priv , despite it being a time consuming event for me, is definitely worth the hassle.

The Priv just runs more smoothly and is snappier after doing a factory reset... for a while. ������

Bob
    I'm still on the same installation I had from almost 2 years ago and it's running fine still. Granted I took different extremes to keep it working, lol.

But aside from that I just regularly maintain the internal storage and cache, I think that helps.
    bqik likes this.
    07-20-18 07:38 PM
    Occasionally I would restart my phone when it got too bad, but the main thing that helped me with my PRIV was closing out apps every time I left the apps. It just became habit that I would use one app at a time. When I did this my PRIV works pretty well even with hub. Sometimes lag would creep in, but the phone was usable. Still not comparable in speed to newer blackberries.
    simon williams4 likes this.
    07-21-18 11:43 AM
    I disabled Blackberry Hub and Services (which I really didn't wanna do), but my Priv runs extremely fast now. And the battery is pretty good.

Like blaze said, I also deleted apps and cleared the cache.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-18 08:02 PM
    I disabled Blackberry Hub and Services (which I really didn't wanna do), but my Priv runs extremely fast now. And the battery is pretty good.

Like blaze said, I also deleted apps and cleared the cache.

Posted via CB10
    I prefer having a slower Priv than disabling HUB.
    07-24-18 08:44 AM
    I'm having the same problem. My Priv is slow but the worst is Google maps which I use frequently. Getting it running reminds me of starting up my PC in 1997. It's awful. I've tried everything suggested in this thread.

I got my Priv from Verizon and what I'd really like to if possible is wipe it and start over with a clean version of Android if possible.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-18 05:28 PM
    I'm having the same problem. My Priv is slow but the worst is Google maps which I use frequently. Getting it running reminds me of starting up my PC in 1997. It's awful. I've tried everything suggested in this thread.

I got my Priv from Verizon and what I'd really like to if possible is wipe it and start over with a clean version of Android if possible.

Posted via CB10
    Priv won't play nice with Google Maps, that's for sure. There's also CityMapper, Waze etc...
    08-03-18 06:32 AM
    Google Maps also causes my Priv to heat and sometimes freeze up (now that sounds incongruous -- such as it is with idioms). I do use it in a pinch but have for the most part retired it from that type of use. I use my KEYone for Google Maps or Waze.
    To get my PRIV to perk up a little, I will reboot, as mentioned above. I will sometimes do a hard reboot.
    08-04-18 01:17 AM
    I prefer having a slower Priv than disabling HUB.
    I agree with clearing cache often and closing Apps keeps Priv running smoothly.
    My main sluggish issue is that I have over 10k contacts. When starting to type a name in a new email, or searching for a contact in phone, it takes ages.
    08-10-18 07:11 PM
    My Priv is slow, hot and won't hold it's charge. Or charge fully. What or HOW do I clear cache and rest? I did this once before but I forget how to do it. Why is it always hot and draining???? UGH!~
    08-18-18 07:36 AM
    My Priv was always slow and hot. The solution for me was to switch to the Motion. Great deals with Canadian carriers right now, especially Koodo!
    08-18-18 08:12 AM
    My Priv is slow, hot and won't hold it's charge. Or charge fully. What or HOW do I clear cache and rest? I did this once before but I forget how to do it. Why is it always hot and draining???? UGH!~
    Go into settings/storage and usb/internal storage

Tap "cached data" then "ok"

I also do a full "clear data" from the facebook app every couple days. Huge data hog!

To restart hold down the power key. You can restart from the menu that pops up, but sometimes I will take it out to the 4th vibration (I believe that is the 32 second reboot) which is supposed to be like a battery pull. Keep the power button held down thru the initial popup and through the vibrations until after the 4th one.
    08-18-18 08:53 PM