I know you are all gonna hate me for this post but I am gonna post it anyway...

I don't own the priv yet, but my review of it is that I love it

I'll miss BB10 dearly. I'll miss the swiping, and the performance, and the battery life, and the productivity...

... but I won't miss the compromises. I won't miss the lack of Google play services, I won't miss the lack of apps, I won't miss the lack of content, I won't miss the lack of ecosystem, and I def won't miss the lack of OS updates.

All in all, I'll adapt to the bads, and embrace the goods. We all just got a big second chance. BlackBerry will continue to enhance on android and each device will be closer to our beloved BB10.

I hope after the smoke clears that most of the angry reviewers on this forum calm down and see the positives. I hate to say it but I don't belive BlackBerry will continue enhancing BB10 so I hope we can all find peace in this eventually.

Anyway, yes I will post a real review when it lands on verizon.

Posted via CB10
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-08-15 06:10 PM
    Can't wait till you get yours and see if the review is the same.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    11-08-15 06:43 PM
    Can't wait till you get yours and see if the review is the same.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    Agreed. I feel like most reviews on this forums are really just android reviews. I've had android and still have a nexus 7 and some test phones at work. I know what to expect.

Well see

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 07:43 PM
    OK so I stopped by at&t today to play with one. Here's a quick impression

Phone a lot lighter than I expected. I have the classic which is a tank so that was expected

The phone felt way thinner than expected. I assume because of the curve

I barley noticed the curve on the glass. Almost invisible from the front.

Software was snappy and worked as expected. No heat issues either

Keyboard did feel cramped and the keys were most defiantly easy to press (mushy). I would say that this wasn't the end of the world though. The classics keyboard is perfection. The keys on the priv almost needs to be easy to press because if they were hard to press the cramped keyboard would really be an issue. I would give it an 8.5 out of 10 at first go.

I feel the blackberry enhancements to the notifications did seem a little redundant.

I also felt the phone was a bit too nice for me. Meaning It felt more like the enterprise than a star destroyer. This could be both good and bad. I'll miss the way I treat my classic. Like the way I throw it around and don't care.

I did feel a bit less excited than I would want to be. Mainly because I'm a bit numb to android. I use it a lot and although I know it's the right phone for me it did feel almost too familiar.

I'm sure that feeling will go away soon once I can start using all the apps I miss again.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:18 PM