Just right after I downloaded the latest update, my phone charged till the enough battery level and reboot to install the package, and then after 1/3 of the scroll goes, it shows error, and it rebooted automatically then another time error, and then rebooted went to the boot menu. And I have tried option 1 and 2, none of them works, it just go back to this menu over and over again. Priv team, Please tell me what happened, please tell me what can I do by myself to fix it. I also have tons of data in my priv, especially my pictures, please don't tell me I can't retrieve them back. This is not the blackberry should be, this is not the blackberry used to be. The reliability is ,,,,,, Huh,,,,,, I don't know what to say. My Priv is dead-imageuploadedbycb-forums1457369008.752996.jpg
    03-07-16 10:45 AM
    hard reset? like pressing and holding the power button for 30 secs until it switches off and then leave it for 10 secs, and turn it back on again? Test edit
    Last edited by zocster; 03-08-16 at 10:18 PM.
    03-07-16 10:50 AM
    How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Sounds like your going to need to contact support....

In the future, I think you have to "balance" security vs data loss.... I know many here don't like the "cloud", but you have to consider what you'll loses in a worst case scenario.... either your device is lost or damaged. Personally I rather have my pictures and documents online, than gone forever.
    03-07-16 10:59 AM
    hard reset? like pressing and holding the power button for 30 secs until it switches off and then leave it for 10 secs, and turn it back on again?
    I have tried, still go back to this boot menu. And also I have tried all the combination key pressing. Power + volume up is the one goes back to normal boot but unfortunately it goes back to the update package installing and shows error then back to the boot menu. Power + mute goes to a unknown page that tells me to long press power button to go back to normal boot which also goes back to the boot menu. So, apparently the boot image file is damaged due to the upgrade installation.
    03-07-16 11:11 AM
    How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Sounds like your going to need to contact support....

In the future, I think you have to "balance" security vs data loss.... I know many here don't like the "cloud", but you have to consider what you'll loses in a worst case scenario.... either your device is lost or damaged. Personally I rather have my pictures and documents online, than gone forever.
    Thanks for the link man. It not help on it. The boot image should be damaged from the update installation. And I think you're right about the cloud service and also I have. But, when you have too many pics that still is not helping.
    03-07-16 11:17 AM
    Thanks for the link man. It not help on it. The boot image should be damaged from the update installation. And I think you're right about the cloud service and also I have. But, when you have too many pics that still is not helping.
    Take advantage of your free BlackBerry support. Give them a call.
    John Gee likes this.
    03-07-16 11:24 AM
    Take advantage of your free BlackBerry support. Give them a call.
    This is the biggest problem in facing, I'm a China mainland user. I'll try blackberry AS Hong Kong tomorrow since I got my priv in Hong Kong.
    03-07-16 11:26 AM
    I have the same problem after trying to install the march security update
    and unfortunately no solution yet....
    03-07-16 11:32 AM
    I'm having severe instability issues with my Priv. Here are the instructions for a full USB OS reload (of course you will loose all of your data though):

<
    [RELOADING OS]

Please use the following link to download the autoloader for this device:*

https://bbapps.download.blackberry.c...mon-AAD250.zip

• Once this is downloaded, please connect the device to the computer.*
    • Once connected, hold the "volume down" key while rebooting the device, and select "Reboot into fastboot".*
    • Once the device comes back up with the green text, extract the downloaded files into a folder on your desktop and run "Flashall.bat" and let the software load.
    >

It took me days to get through tier 1 support to get this info. Sadly, even after the USB reload, I am still having problems. System updates fail part way through and even when I can get it to boot, apps and services fail like crazy. I'm still working with support to figure out if my phone is salvageable or not.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zocster; 03-07-16 at 06:30 PM.
    03-07-16 02:09 PM
    I have the same problem after trying to install the march security update
    and unfortunately no solution yet....
    oh, great, it seems the baseline of snapdragon 808 Blackberry have got some problem. sorry to hear you have this issue too.
    03-08-16 01:49 AM
    I'm having severe instability issues with my Priv. Here are the instructions for a full USB OS reload (of course you will loose all of your data though):

<
    [RELOADING OS]

Please use the following link to download the autoloader for this device:*

https://bbapps.download.blackberry.c...mon-AAD250.zip

�€� Once this is downloaded, please connect the device to the computer.*
    �€� Once connected, hold the "volume down" key while rebooting the device, and select "Reboot into fastboot".*
    �€� Once the device comes back up with the green text, extract the downloaded files into a folder on your desktop and run "Flashall.bat" and let the software load.
    >

It took me days to get through tier 1 support to get this info. Sadly, even after the USB reload, I am still having problems. System updates fail part way through and even when I can get it to boot, apps and services fail like crazy. I'm still working with support to figure out if my phone is salvageable or not.

Posted via CB10
    Oh my god, i'm sorry man, and thanks for the info here. i'll try the device change if it's possible. and this loads is a full package of the new version. i think if blackberry can provide a auto reload to do the format and reinstall like BB10 will be great.
    03-08-16 01:55 AM
    I face the same problem as well, my phone is not response now... dead in box... I used it for only 3 days until yesterday update

Was asking for support from shopblackberry US, I bought it online and asked my girl to carry back from US to Thailand, no shop here, if they dont take responsibility, how can I fix it here without shop to support...

I may lose my 700usd, and decide to say goodbye to BlackBerry if my 700usd phone could be used only 3 days... never use other phones unless BlackBerry since bbos6, but I may need to think about it. So bad.

I honestly tell, built quality is just okay for high price phone but it is BlackBerry, my phone is not good condition after all, screen clicking, loose side frame of the phone that somebody will say defective, so annoying, I am die hard fan of BlackBerry so I accept the bad hardware assembly BUT I cannot accept how fragile the system is... cannot stay with phone that I am not sure about when will it die again.

Hope I ll get good new from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 12:14 PM
    I don't know if this would work but there's a thread and specific post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....&starteronly=1

"Unfortunately my saga continues as well. Turns out that Content Transfer was only part of my problem. Here is the "fix" for the BlackBerry Launcher infinite failure loop from BlackBerry Support:

<
    Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. I've received a word today that there is a known issue with BlackBerry Launcher app and we need to uninstall it from your device. With the errors on your screen, are you still able to swipe with two fingers from top to bottom and get to settings? If yes, please proceed with the following:

a. Go to your account on Play Store
    b. Tap the app drawer on the upper left
    c. Select My apps & games
    d. Scroll down to recently updated
    e. Select BlackBerry Launcher
    f. Tap Uninstall
    g. Update option appears on BlackBerry Launcher, please Don't Update.

If you can't get access to settings because of the error message loop, please put the device in Safe Mode then and try the steps above.
    Here's how to put your device in Safe Mode:

a. Press and hold the power button for 2 seconds.
    b. When the menu appears, tap and hold the "Power off" option for 2 seconds.
    c. In the "Reboot to safe mode" click OK.

Please look for the Safe Mode mark at the bottom left of your screen to ensure you're in Safe Mode after reboot.
    >

Right now my phone is reasonably stable although after every restart Google App, Google Play Store, and Calendar all fail. It also "Optimizes" all of my apps after every reboot, which takes about 10 minutes to complete.

I'm still working with support and send more info as I get it. Thank god I kept my Passport! "
    03-08-16 04:49 PM
    Yikes! If there's a known issue with the launcher, shouldn't we all be deleting it before it messes up our phones as well?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-08-16 06:00 PM
    My phone bricked after the update as well. Had to wipe and start over.

03-08-16 06:17 PM
    Whoa?! I did the update and on my first restart I then put in pass code and the screen went black.

Then I restarted it and it worked

Panic was setting in all fine now

Using nova launcher and rogers priv fyi

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    03-08-16 06:26 PM
    yes, this good friend left a full package download link on my topic here, and also he mentioned even if your phone back to live able to pass boot and access in android, your device may also face unexpected problems. and as my priv, i send it back to HK AS station, they claim it will be 2 - 3 weeks for the full procedure include device analysis. if they judge my device is a man made error, i'll just be sad about it. since here we can see a massive issue, i think blackberry need to notify everyone of their AS station global to let them change device straight for us.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-08-16 08:02 PM
    Yikes! If there's a known issue with the launcher, shouldn't we all be deleting it before it messes up our phones as well?

better not upgrade to the March update right now since now even blackberry are remain silent. and honestly, i have seen my device install January updates shows error one time, but my device tried again automatically, and it passed.
    03-08-16 08:07 PM
    Whoa?! I did the update and on my first restart I then put in pass code and the screen went black.

Then I restarted it and it worked

Panic was setting in all fine now

Using nova launcher and rogers priv fyi

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    talk about launcher. i updated blackberry launcher latest version, but it seems very unstable, a lot of times i switch between apps or kill them all the launcher report dead and needs to be reboot the launcher, and between that the screen went black.
    03-08-16 08:18 PM
    so whats the prognosis on this pbj mess does the said method work to unbrick it should anyone else fall into this snake pit
    FF22 likes this.
    03-08-16 09:41 PM
    so whats the prognosis on this pbj mess does the said method work to unbrick it should anyone else fall into this snake pit
    So far I didn't see any blackberry priv team show up here, or maybe I don't know which one is. lol
    03-12-16 04:22 AM
    I'm not sure how they decide which threads to enter but I've gotten replies to two of my inquiries. Obviously, they probably can't handle every issue raised here or they would be overwhelmed. There's someone who has answered some questions about the handling of attachments, another dealing with keyboard issues.
    03-12-16 09:34 AM
    does the autoloader work for this ?
    03-12-16 09:44 AM
    So far I didn't see any blackberry priv team show up here, or maybe I don't know which one is. lol
    Email them at [email protected]
    They will give you feedback and support as I did.

Good luck to you guy.

Cheer.

FF22 likes this.
    03-12-16 10:34 AM
    Email them at [email protected]
    They will give you feedback and support as I did.

Good luck to you guy.

Cheer.

i think i'd better just wait here for HK AS station feedback since [email protected] is too far away from me.
    03-16-16 05:07 AM
27 12