Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi guys,

My priv bricked just now.

I selected USA Bands option on *#*#4636#*#*. No more cellular signal on my phone now.

Reset Phone can't fix the no signal issue.
    Auto loader also not solve this. Since the leaked autoloader didn't include the radio firmware. (radio.img)

Hopefully blackberry will release auto loader with radio.img

Any suggestion guys?
    01-24-16 11:42 AM
    Bring it back to where you bought it for an exchange.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-24-16 11:50 AM
    Pretty much zero chance for that. I'm in Indonesia, I imported from USA.
    01-24-16 07:11 PM
    There is autoloader for STV100-1 wait..
    01-24-16 07:50 PM
    01-24-16 07:54 PM
    Hi guys,

My priv bricked just now.

I selected USA Bands option on *#*#4636#*#*. No more cellular signal on my phone now.

Reset Phone can't fix the no signal issue.
    Auto loader also not solve this. Since the leaked autoloader didn't include the radio firmware. (radio.img)

Hopefully blackberry will release auto loader with radio.img

Any suggestion guys?
    Go into device settings and select Cellular Network, select Preferred Network Type, and switch to the previous one you had installed. If this doesn't work, you'll have to create a custom APN, using the information from your network provider. You can Google that info.
    Attached Thumbnails My Priv BRICKED - USA Band Problem-1453687451195.jpg   My Priv BRICKED - USA Band Problem-1453687464392.jpg  
    01-24-16 08:04 PM
    There is no network available.
    01-26-16 07:04 AM
    I've seen similar screen shots on other posts, and references to same.
    My phone also does not have these options - Factory Unlocked, from BB, with AT&T SIM
    Under Celluar network settings 1- Mobile Data Services, 2- Search for AT&T Microcell, 3- Access Point Names

I'm aware that AT&T restricts me from advanced or enhanced LTE, (no real loss at this point in time) but thought that was mostly on the network side. Apparently AT&T gets deeper into phone, evidenced by the option for Microcell.

If one were to turn phone off, remove SIM and reboot, would those options then be available? If so, would the choices 'stick' after reconnecting?
    I really don't have time to test this morning, but will this evening, assuming no good answers are forthcoming.

Sorry about the lack of screen shots, can't connect to computer, and don't really have time to switch to app, find post and do this again.
    01-26-16 08:31 AM
    Hopefully the now released Autoloader-Images will help with the "USA Band *#*#4636#*#* Problem" bricking the Priv:

How to reload the BlackBerry powered by Android OS on the smartphone

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    03-11-16 05:29 AM
    why were you playing with settings? did you have to dial that

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    raino likes this.
    03-11-16 05:40 AM
    Hopefully the now released Autoloader-Images will help with the "USA Band *#*#4636#*#* Problem" bricking the Priv:

How to reload the BlackBerry powered by Android OS on the smartphone

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    I'm tempted to try to manually flash the radio only to see if it resets this. But then I don't know if it'll flash correctly if I do just that, last thing I want is a full bricked phone one week before I'm flying.
    03-11-16 12:03 PM
    Your best option is to load the whole OS, also stop playing with those settings (LOL?)
    gizmo21 and zephyr613 like this.
    03-11-16 12:39 PM
    So Toni you mentioned in an other thread beeing back on January release, how did you do it now? "Complete install" of the autoloader with step-by-step tutorial of the KB-entry, or just installing the "modem" part?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by gizmo21; 03-12-16 at 05:14 PM.
    03-12-16 08:07 AM
    So Toni you mentioned in an other thread beeing back on January release, now did you do it now? "Complete install" of the autoloader with step-by-step tutorial of the KB-entry, or just installing the "modem" part?

Entire thing, then do a full Google restore, and finally back on AAE016. I needed my phone working next few weeks so I couldn't try anything risky.

Though I don't know if this reset the USA band because I don't have a network here to try, will know in 2 weeks.
    03-12-16 08:38 AM

Though I don't know if this reset the USA band because I don't have a network here to try, will know in 2 weeks.
    Please report back here, or anyone else who could resurrect all their bands with a full autoloader reset.

03-12-16 05:14 PM
    Please report back here, or anyone else who could resurrect all their bands with a full autoloader reset.

Here's the catch 22... I never knew if I had the problem in the first place, all I knew was I accidentally tapped USA Bands, but the phone was working all along. I ran the autoloader wipe to attempt to prevent me not getting a signal when I get off the plane in Asia and as a disaster recovery test...

So if it doesn't work, it could be it didn't fix the problem or it broke it, and if it works, it could be it fixed it or it never broke in the first place.

The other thing I'm not sure now is if it broke my wireless charging. Was play friend's Nexus 4 charging pad, it didn't charge at all. Maybe I should order my own charger or go to Ikea again since that's where I last got it working...

03-12-16 08:07 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12315989

OP just confirmed the autoloader does NOT fix the issue. Though I'm curious to know which autoloader did he use.

I've actually been reading up more on the issue with cases where this happened. Some units would do it with just a fastboot modem flash, but units also require erasing modemst1 and modemst2, which is a VERY dangerous operation. Lots of reports about wiped IMEIs and bricking the modem completely. There's also a case where one need to flash an older OS version, from JB to ICS, then flashing the JB OTA again. Probably some modem upgrade in the system upgrade which reset the parameter. Of course that isn't an option for us since Lollipop is the only system we have.

Oh well. Guess it means I won't have my Priv working while I'm in Asia, and a call to BlackBerry concierge is in order when I return. Just hope my 1-month old build problem free unit won't be replaced by a refurbished clicky one.
    03-12-16 10:03 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12315989

OP just confirmed the autoloader does NOT fix the issue. Though I'm curious to know which autoloader did he use..
    I use aad250 didn't solve the issues.

I also use non-hlos.bin from Verizon autoloader. Didn't change a thing.

Back again with autoloader aad250. Nothing changed.

03-12-16 10:32 PM
    I use aad250 didn't solve the issues.

I also use non-hlos.bin from Verizon autoloader. Didn't change a thing.

Back again with autoloader aad250. Nothing changed.

hhm not good.... but thx for reporting
    03-14-16 05:35 AM
    hhm not good.... but thx for reporting
    Looking on the bright side now that the loader is available, I've successfully performed a disaster recovery test this weekend, assuming setting up a new phone blank. Only lost my notes and tasks in the process so I am fully ready to send my phone to BlackBerry should the time comes.

well not really, I knew BlackBerry Tasks and Notes was garbage and couldn't be backed up so I moved it all to Evernote.
    Notna Nosyel likes this.
    03-14-16 06:26 AM
    Update on this: as it turns out I CAN get a network, full LTE. Problem is I seem to have data, have SMS, but no voice calling. When I try to call, it says "no mobile network" and I can't receive calls. If I put the card in my G4 it works fine.

I think that setting only affects UMTS and GSM bands.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 03-23-16 at 04:46 AM.
    03-23-16 04:25 AM
    04-27-16 11:23 AM
    This fixed the issues. Thank you so much
    07-02-16 05:47 AM
    Thank you very much, this has helped me :-)
    An important information about that:
    It didn't work for the first time. I had to delete the "fastboot.exe" after the adb 1.4.3 install, and copy the "fastboot.exe" from the bb autoloader zip. Then worked.
    09-15-19 05:28 PM