Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Battery Life

There hasn't really been any mention of it when it comes to the Priv. When the Classic was coming out, it was touted by BlackBerry that the Classic would be a workhorse, go all day, etc etc.

Not a peep about battery with the Priv, which is surprising given that it's a 5.5 inch screen which means there's potential to put a sizable battery in it. I'm concerned though because the thing is razor thin. I do have a iPhone 6 Plus at the moment which also has a 5.5 inch screen and the battery is crazy, which is why I bought it. Really, really hoping that the Priv will do better or at least match the battery life. Am I the only one?
    09-29-15 09:41 PM
    That's because the Priv won't be released until sometime in November and BlackBerry hasn't released any specifications. Rumours are that the battery will be somewhere between 3050 and 3400 mAh.
    09-29-15 09:50 PM
    We know it's at least 3000 mAh, hopefully more.

Taking the LG G4 as a comparison (same processor, similar screen, 3000 mAh battery), this review gives the G4 the same battery life as a regular iPhone 6.
    09-29-15 09:52 PM
    And with the upcoming Marshmallow Update we will likely get even better battery life (30% like Google claims.)

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 01:35 AM
    Hopefully we won't get typical widespead battery eating problems on android like:

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-st...comment1492029

But I doubt that the Priv will be any different.

With Google everything services constantly data mining you phone don't expect good battery life no matter what google says.

One thing for sure that remains true.

An unrooted android with plenty of background running apps eats an android phone battery very quickly.

The more apps you have the faster your battery drains, such is android.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 02:06 AM
    The same would happen on BB10 but with what apps?? ^^

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 03:32 AM
    As long as I get a full busy day out of the battery I'm happy.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-30-15 06:16 AM
    It will need to equal or exceed the battery life of my Z30 for me to look at purchasing it. I had a Z10 before my Z30 and I will never own another phone with less battery capability than the Z30. For me my phone requires a great battery as some days my Z30 doesn't make it all day, but that is only when I abuse it.

I also think that companies should do battery testing on their devices prior to launch with the top 10 Apps loaded on the phone so it gives a more accurate number. Yes, I know that the top 10 Apps would have to be installed the same way on all devices and that the top 10 Apps would have to be the same for each device. Just a thought...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 07:06 AM
    My Android phones are battery hogs with tons of uncontrollable processes running all the time so you get considerable Standby battery drain. That said, Sony figured out how to master battery life with their Z3 (a true 2 day phone) so hopefully Blackberry can deploy some of that same magic to the Priv.
    09-30-15 08:58 PM
    And with the upcoming Marshmallow Update we will likely get even better battery life (30% like Google claims.)

Posted via CB10
    Be carefull with those 30%
    Google said there was an improvement in 30% when the device was in idle. (less background task when idle I guess).
    09-30-15 09:25 PM
    We know it's at least 3000 mAh, hopefully more.

Taking the LG G4 as a comparison (same processor, similar screen, 3000 mAh battery), this review gives the G4 the same battery life as a regular iPhone 6.
    Uh oh. This won't go over well with most of the diehard BlackBerry users here.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-30-15 09:26 PM
    I got a Z3 from Sony and with the Stamina mode in I get two full days out of it. The battery is 3000+.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 11:19 PM
    I'm usually a moderate user, but sometimes even the Passport has a tough time getting me through the day without a quick charge mid-day.
    It's usually the battery life that makes or breaks a deal for me.
    09-30-15 11:21 PM
    I got a Z3 from Sony and with the Stamina mode in I get two full days out of it. The battery is 3000+.

Posted via CB10
    I have the z3 compact that I just started using. Love the phone, wish the camera was faster and better.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    09-30-15 11:27 PM
    Well battery life isn't my only concern but it is one of them. If I have to plug the thing in 4 hours after I take it off the charger I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Though I'm not planning on running out and buying one anytime soon so it's really a moot point in near future, but will be a consideration when I go to get a new phone. However when that happens if BlackBerry is still around and more secure than others with everything I require. Ideally BlackBerry 10 will still be around but I know that's a pipe dream

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 11:28 PM
    Not to disappoint people here, the old school android is power hungry may no longer exist. Here is my personal experience : my gf and I both own a white/black passport and we went on a road trip with a friend with his sony z3. My gf's passport played music in the car for a couple hours and did some light surfing, while friend's z3 did a couple of hours navigation/music/messaging. The end of 10 hours, sony still had 60% left where my gf's passport had less than 25% left. That tells me how inefficient bb10 is in contrast of sony.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-01-15 12:51 AM
    The same would happen on BB10 but with what apps?? ^^

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 01:08 AM
    Not to disappoint people here, the old school android is power hungry may no longer exist. Here is my personal experience : my gf and I both own a white/black passport and we went on a road trip with a friend with his sony z3. My gf's passport played music in the car for a couple hours and did some light surfing, while friend's z3 did a couple of hours navigation/music/messaging. The end of 10 hours, sony still had 60% left where my gf's passport had less than 25% left. That tells me how inefficient bb10 is in contrast of sony.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm.....not to sound like a fan boy or anything but that does not match my Passport at all. From waking up till home. Phone off charger 12 hours. Some days 4+ hours of music, bbming, Web browsing, checking email. Basically moderate use. When I get home at worse I am at 49%. On days I don't play music I am at 60% plus. I don't even have to put my Passport on charge till I go to bed. That is just cause once I am home I kill the battery with heavy use.

I have a PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2639. Maybe it is network or radio issue for your gf.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 02:11 AM
    My Only Concern with the Priv...-img_20151001_151249.png
    Thx for the reply, this is my own case scenario tho. Again, I am a very heavy user.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 02:13 AM
    I would have preferred a smaller phone to be honest. I can't stand how phones did a 180 and instead of getting smaller & smaller like a few years back, they're getting bigger & bigger. At some point or another we have to realize phones are not tablets and anything bigger than 5 inches is over kill. Also super thin phones are stupid too.

My 2nd complain is how everyone acts like Google services are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I use them on my Android device and they're ok, but no different than Microsoft or another company like them. I'd rather have an Android phone that doesn't rely on Google services.

Posted via CB10
    double_fault likes this.
    10-01-15 02:21 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151001_151249.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	373978
    Thx for the reply, this is my own case scenario tho. Again, I am a very heavy user.

Posted via CB10
    Use does vary battery. This is my last 48 also.

Currently on charge for work tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 373980
    Attached Thumbnails My Only Concern with the Priv...-img_20151001_030737.png  
    10-01-15 03:09 AM
    Use does vary battery. This is my last 48 also.

Currently on charge for work tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 373980
    Yup, indeed. Yet, I haven't found a perfect setting to maximize my battery life. There are circumstances where I need to use certain android apps. However, what I have noticed is that apart from specific android apps drain battery, the system takes much more battery power. That frustrates me the most.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 06:00 AM
    I hope the Priv has good battery life as well. I don't expect it to be a 2 day phone, but at least just enough to get me through the day. So far the best battery life I've had on a phone is roughly 1 day and a half on my Lumia 830. My Moto X lasts from about 7am to 8pm and I'll have about 8%. That's all i really need, something that doesn't need to be charged every 4-5 hours.
    10-01-15 09:39 AM