I'm not a fan of the Hub on the Priv. I can certainly do without it. To me, those original BlackBerry 10 users (like myself), they'd certainly not be impressed with it...
    I'm coming from BB10 and the hub on Priv is great, imo. Not quite as natural feeling as on BB10, but it works well as a central place to view and search all my e-mail. I don't use it for Facebook or Twitter anymore, because Android handles those notifications fine on their own.

I do wish they would bring back pinch to view unread messages, though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    fanisk likes this.
    01-24-16 04:15 PM
    Note 01/29: January BlackBerry Apps Update

- Hub: Same old story. Two months are a lot in SW development and I am sorry to say, but the progress is too slow....
    - Camera: Much faster overall! Good job to the team!
    - Contact/Keyboard/Calendar: Don't see any difference.

It seems like BlackBerry is focusing on Android M branch...
    Last edited by sonyfever; 02-01-16 at 04:31 AM.
    01-29-16 09:07 PM
    Thx for the updates, keep them coming please

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    01-29-16 09:40 PM
    ATT just pushed AAD447/Feb security patch to my phone! Wow that must be a record for ATT!
    02-03-16 09:26 AM
    Yep as 'Aha' said.. thanks for the updates & keep them coming..

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 05:25 PM
    Note 04/03: Launcher Went Bad

I was going to abandon this thread, but the March BlackBerry Launcher update made me want to find a place to vent my disappointment!

First of all, on the HW side, I re-did the creaky back cover fix by covering ther whole lower bottom with 5 PostIt stacked instead of only one side. Now the phone feels tight and solid like it should be in the first place. I also updated my broken volume button dimple fix, this time using folded PostIt so it is more durable than stacked tapes.

HW fixed, but then the user experience is badly affected by the March BlackBerry Launcher update. At first, I didn't feel any slowdown. But last week lag started creeping in when pressing the home button or during app switching via recent app softkey. The lag is up to 3~4 seconds and is plain ridiculous. One step forward and two step backwards is all I can say.

This issue along with the lack of significant revamp on Hub make me wonder if BlackBerry is down on resource for proper development. Of course, the latest comment by Chen doesn't help me gain any confidence in their phone operation.....

I have been using Google Now launcher as a workaround. Hopefully the issue is fixed in the April release or at least in Android M. BTW, the issue with launcher is most likely a memory-related because the CPU is never hot when the lag occurs....

If someone in BlackBerry is reading this, please, before the somewhat inevitable shutdown of HW business, persuade Chen to release an unlocked bootloader so community can take over the OS maintenance.
    Last edited by sonyfever; 04-03-16 at 09:29 PM.
    04-03-16 05:40 PM
    The problem with Google Now launcher is, the phone's notification system seems to be partially broken. Do I need to uninstall BlackBerry Launcher for it to work?

EDIT: Ah, Google Now launcher doesn't have notification badges by default!
    Last edited by sonyfever; 04-03-16 at 09:27 PM.
    04-03-16 06:52 PM
    Try enabling developer mode and reducing the animation speed.

Made a word of difference here

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 07:52 PM
    Try enabling developer mode and reducing the animation speed.

Made a word of difference here

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I've tried it but preferred the default settings.
    04-03-16 09:28 PM
    04/21 Notes

- Finally, Canary fixed its app and notification is working again on Priv.
    - April security patch is out on ATT; I got the update on 4/12 but somehow the phone aborted downloading the file. After that, it cannot find the update and always tells me my SW is up to date. Wonder if it is because the rolling ATT update window, or something is wrong with my phone....
    - To BlackBerry God: I am on MM beta waiting list, can I jump the queue?
    04-21-16 09:23 PM
    04/21 Notes

- Finally, Canary fixed its app and notification is working again on Priv.
    - April security patch is out on ATT; I got the update on 4/12 but somehow the phone aborted downloading the file. After that, it cannot find the update and always tells me my SW is up to date. Wonder if it is because the rolling ATT update window, or something is wrong with my phone....
    - To BlackBerry God: I am on MM beta waiting list, can I jump the queue?
    Not sure if this helps, but I had trouble when downloading the mm beta update. I got it. I downloaded it. Then it seemed to me it froze when trying to restart. To make a long story short. I messed it up, and the way to make the update reappear was to go into settings, apps, Google services framework. Then clear data and cache, stop the app, reboot, and then manually try again to see if there is an update.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-22-16 08:49 AM
    Not sure if this helps, but I had trouble when downloading the mm beta update. I got it. I downloaded it. Then it seemed to me it froze when trying to restart. To make a long story short. I messed it up, and the way to make the update reappear was to go into settings, apps, Google services framework. Then clear data and cache, stop the app, reboot, and then manually try again to see if there is an update.
    Thanks I tried that and even force reset the phone but still ATT wouldn't give me the update. Well, I will wait for MM then.....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-04-16 01:10 AM
    I take it by the info posted here that the Priv isn't all that it was cracked up to be.. and probably inferior to a Passport.. ?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 02:57 PM
    I take it by the info posted here that the Priv isn't all that it was cracked up to be.. and probably inferior to a Passport.. ?

Posted via CB10
    I'll just into this one even though I don't have a Passport. It is different than a Passport or Z30 which I do have. It is Android and not BB10. But it is not a terrible device and I find it quite good. Mine has had no real issues. No creaks or bends. Camera takes really fine pictures while I'm not a selfie fan.

Apps, as many as you could want and they run. I don't have lag. The Hub is very good and being improved regularly. But it is Android and that includes the good, the bad and the ugly (google knows too much and it is hard to avoid).
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    07-13-16 03:50 PM
    Thank you for that review. Especially having first hand experience and knowledge having those bb10 devices And the priv.

Hopefully we get some other people to share their stories as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 05:05 PM
    What's the bend technique?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-13-16 06:09 PM
    Well the hammer has dropped and no more real BlackBerry phones. I think most people see this coming. Does that mean no Android N for Priv? Like I said before, please open the boot loader so community can maintain the OS from now on.

The good thing is BlackBerry android apps have matured greatly since Priv launch and can be installed on other phones. Priv has served me well and will continue to do so until BlackBerry stop updating the OS, I do wish there were a Priv 2 with fingerprint scanner and SD820, but now I know Pixel phones are the future.

I stopped sharing my beta diagnostic info to BlackBerry upon the news. On that note, this thread can also be officially closed.
    FF22 and Paul Callahan like this.
    09-28-16 10:02 AM
    I stopped sharing my beta diagnostic info to BlackBerry upon the news. On that note, this thread can also be officially closed.
    Thank you for providing a great service to the community.
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    09-28-16 10:04 AM
143 ... 456