I'm gonna do it, gonna try at least anyway. I hope that the store employees themselves are doing it, but probably not.

I don't go shopping much but when I do, every store I enter and has a Priv on demo, I'm going to update it.

Who's with me?

P.S. Do I have too much time on my hands?
    ce71, tw1g_007, 00stryder and 13 others like this.
    12-15-15 04:30 PM
    Does BlackBerry compensate you for it? If you love spending your time helping a (still) multi-million dollars company I can offer you an unpaid internship in my company... I definitely would appreciate your help more.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    lift, RyanGermann, MehdiQ and 4 others like this.
    12-15-15 04:41 PM
    I'll do it ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 04:41 PM
    Ha, I wish I got paid. But my motivation isn't totally altruistic. I hope that by updating the software, there is more of a chance someone who is thinking of buying the Priv have a more pleasant experience with it than if it wasn't updated. Maybe this will translate to more sales for Priv, make Priv and BB look better. I ultimately hope that means more resources put into the Priv by BB.
    12-15-15 04:50 PM
    I'm gonna do it, gonna try at least anyway. I hope that the store employees themselves are doing it, but probably not.

I don't go shopping much but when I do, every store I enter and has a Priv on demo, I'm going to update it.

Who's with me?

P.S. Do I have too much time on my hands?
    OMG stop it already!!! Why are you doing someone's job that they SHOULD be doing!!!!???

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-16-15 06:03 AM
    I confess I did it once in a Bell store. The update notification is there and the device was plugged in, of course I had to click it and left it there downloading updates. lol

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-16-15 06:54 AM
    I just want to give the Priv every chance to succeed. I know that it's someone else's job. But we all know, and even people here have seen that the Priv is the bottom of some employees' priority.

Posted from my Priv
    12-16-15 09:36 AM
    Ha, I wish I got paid. But my motivation isn't totally altruistic. I hope that by updating the software, there is more of a chance someone who is thinking of buying the Priv have a more pleasant experience with it than if it wasn't updated. Maybe this will translate to more sales for Priv, make Priv and BB look better. I ultimately hope that means more resources put into the Priv by BB.
    It isn't strictly related to altruism but I will still give you a pass for fighting the good fight. Thanks man. Now I feel motivated to do the same for BlackBerry and don't feel the need to be paid for it either.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    santhoshknn likes this.
    12-16-15 09:47 AM
    OMG stop it already!!! Why are you doing someone's job that they SHOULD be doing!!!!???

Deep breaths. Calm. Find your center.

It's his time, he can do as he wishes. I'm sure you have some hobbies that he finds a waste of time as well. Heck, I love golf but it's a waste of time.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    12-16-15 09:50 AM
    Can you update without logging into Google Play?

I think I tried but it told me to log into Google Play or maybe that the phone was locked for instore demo

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    12-16-15 09:54 AM

It's his time, he can do as he wishes. I'm sure you have some hobbies that he finds a waste of time as well. Heck, I love golf but it's a waste of time.
    Nothing is a waste of time if you enjoy doing it. Now the only scenario I can picture you saying this is playing golf for networking purposes only which is a fair argument.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    12-16-15 09:55 AM

It's not a waste of time if you love it.

12-16-15 09:55 AM
    Can you update without logging into Google Play?

I think I tried but it told me to log into Google Play or maybe that the phone was locked for instore demo

Posted via CB10
    Actually that's a good comment. I don't think you can. I am guessing the 2 that I've updated so far had Google accounts on them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    12-16-15 10:21 AM
    It's not a waste of time if you love it.

Heh, it's not like I LOVE updating other people's phones especially like other's have pointed it, it's THEIR job. But I LOVE BB and I LOVE PRIV.
    12-16-15 10:23 AM
    Heh, it's not like I LOVE updating other people's phones especially like other's have pointed it, it's THEIR job. But I LOVE BB and I LOVE PRIV.
    I applaud your effort. Good on you.

paulbbp likes this.
    12-16-15 10:32 AM
    Actually that's a good comment. I don't think you can. I am guessing the 2 that I've updated so far had Google accounts on them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    The OS should update without a g account, only apps from play store require the g acc

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 10:34 AM

Correction I didn't say it was a waste of time!!!!
    I just can't see the logic on why a customer should do this when staff are paid to!? Hey I'd do it as well if they paid me!!!

12-16-15 11:16 AM
    I wonder if it is worth it? I mean if they keep crashing, shouldn't the buyer be aware?
    12-16-15 11:42 AM
    People should upload pics of themselves doing it. That would be more effective and fun rather than just saying you are going to do it. If you upload pics of 10 different Privs being updated then I will be VERY impressed.
    MikeRotch76 likes this.
    12-16-15 11:48 AM
    I wonder if it is worth it? I mean if they keep crashing, shouldn't the buyer be aware?
    If it keeps crashing with updated software then for sure buyers should be aware. But if it's crashing due to outdated software, then isn't that a BAD thing?
    12-16-15 11:57 AM
    People should upload pics of themselves doing it. That would be more effective and fun rather than just saying you are going to do it. If you upload pics of 10 different Privs being updated then I will be VERY impressed.
    For sure I will, but I've already done the 2 at the mall that I go to 99% of the time and my xmas shopping is pretty much done. If I can avoid the mall during for the rest of this crazy season I will.
    12-16-15 12:00 PM
    Typical response from you, yes people should be aware that outdated software has more problems than the new software? Are you really saying something that stupid?
    12-16-15 01:21 PM
    BlackBerry - The only brand having their customers do their work.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 01:44 PM
    I have to admit, I've done the same thing in my local att store. I want BlackBerry to succeed and instead of coming onto forums to whine about buggy software I thought updating the demo model was a better road for me to travel.

Posted via CB10
    MikeRotch76 likes this.
    12-16-15 02:07 PM
    BlackBerry - The only brand having their customers do their work.

Posted via CB10
    I just like to think it's because we are passionate people!
    12-16-15 02:33 PM
68 123