Same BS as before with Playbook! They have Priv but it's not charged! WTF!!!

They had to put a wall charger on it as the, I guess, display base charger wasn't working. Once it was plugged in I could see it was only 5% charge and had never been on as it started updating all it's Android programs.

No doubt about it, it's Android OS, slide was snappy, screen has good clarity, keyboard scrolling is much better than on my unlocked Passport which is maybe what folks are talking about on the SE Passport?, very light, had screen size shock at first coming off my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mawil1013; 11-08-15 at 08:07 AM.
    11-07-15 09:46 AM
    I know someone who went to the AT&T store at the Ross park mall in Pittsburgh. He saw a Priv display that contained two Samsung phones with an empty phone slot in the middle. He asked the store manager about the Priv... she mentioned something about not opening the box yet... and it was "technically her day off".

That's just unreal.
    11-07-15 10:15 AM
    My store had the display but only one unit in Stock which I bought. They seemed happy with it and believed it would sell if they had more inventory.
    11-07-15 10:17 AM
    I walked into AT&T Acworth, GA, about 40 minutes ago. I asked to purchase the BlackBerry Priv. The agent said, "Wait, we have a new BlackBerry for sale...?".

The Manager came over and started asking me why I wanted the Priv. I said, "Forget that, why don't your employees know that you have the BlackBerry Priv for sale...?" He said, "Well, its BlackBerry...".

PRICELESS!

Needless to say, I walked out with one of the TWO devices they had. The agent selling me the device had no idea how to use it or anything. I said to him, "Leave it in the box, don't power it on, or anything, I'll take care of it..."

So sad. BlackBerry and AT&T, MUST do better...
    ce71 and Z30Commission like this.
    11-07-15 10:18 AM
    I walked into AT&T Acworth, GA, about 40 minutes ago. I asked to purchase the BlackBerry Priv. The agent said, "Wait, we have a new BlackBerry for sale...?".

The Manager came over and started asking me why I wanted the Priv. I said, "Forget that, why don't your employees know that you have the BlackBerry Priv for sale...?" He said, "Well, its BlackBerry...".

PRICELESS!

Needless to say, I walked out with one of the TWO devices they had. The agent selling me the device had no idea how to use it or anything. I said to him, "Leave it in the box, don't power it on, or anything, I'll take care of it..."

So sad. BlackBerry and AT&T, MUST do better...
    Sadly this is common behavior no matter a corporate location or a retailer. Training in the wireless world is sparse which means if the new device isn't mainstream IE new iphone or new Android they aren't going to know much.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:27 AM
    I think that's a horrible reflection on the management. Whether we BlackBerry loyalist want to admit it or not, the PRIV is the most interesting Android phone out. That is why they should be knowledgeable of the device. If your goal is to make money, why would you neglect your potential top earner.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:53 AM
    My store had the display but only one unit in Stock which I bought. They seemed happy with it and believed it would sell if they had more inventory.
    My store had the dead display Priv but none available to buy, might as well buy them all online!

Once they got the wall charger out and the phone up, I allowed it to set up, helping it along they, most everything needed, Agree' and so forth as well as the typical everything on the Priv started updating, got thru most of it, started the demo and left the slide up so the PKB could be seen, as it was closed and you really wouldn't have any idea there was a PKB underneath to the mass's,
    Last edited by mawil1013; 11-07-15 at 12:14 PM.
    11-07-15 11:16 AM
    My store had the dead display Priv but none available to buy, might as well buy them all online!
    Is there only one store in the area.
    11-07-15 11:17 AM
    Is there only one store in the area.
    I went to the large, main store. There is a small satelite store which opened a few months ago on the outskirt of town, but I didn't go there figuring the main store in town would have it which they did even though it wasn't charged!
    11-07-15 12:04 PM
    Went yesterday. I figured it would be in the far back corner next to the Classic but my AT&T store didn't even have the Priv in stock. They checked and no idea when it was coming in. Disappointing launch, for sure!
    11-07-15 12:07 PM
    Dropped by a store yesterday in New Hampshire. They had a very nice sign up for it, but the demo unit wasn't up underneath it. The payment plans and prices were there, but not the unit. When I asked they claimed it doesn't go on sale until tomorrow. I'll update when I go back.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.2639 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    11-07-15 12:09 PM
    The two employees I spoke to in Chico, CA. Seemed very excited about the phone and both had plans on getting one. The one had just returned from vacation and was very excited about me buying one and we spent an hour going through it and checking everything out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for The Priv
    11-07-15 12:43 PM
    Went yesterday. I figured it would be in the far back corner next to the Classic but my AT&T store didn't even have the Priv in stock. They checked and no idea when it was coming in. Disappointing launch, for sure!
    It doesn't seem that all stores are on the same page with all carries. You hear the same with all device launches at every carrier.
    11-08-15 12:25 PM