Please let me know if I am missing some setting or option.

The HUB is seriously lacking -

It doesn't revert to the default ALL HUB view when you exit. It stays where you left it. Perhaps some prefer it that way, but would it be too much to allow the user an option to revert to default view after exit? The only way I can get it to do that is if I CLOSE the hub from the tile/masonary view.

The Hub 'integration' is a mess. Whatsapp and SMS's get multiple notifications (redundant) for one. Opening a Whatsapp message from the hub results in opening the Whatsapp APP itself. Same for the MESSENGER app for the texts!

Have to navigate to the TOP OF THE SCREEN to SEND a typed out email. No way to activate the context menu or actually SEND from the Keyboard (PSK or Onscreen). Most inconvenient.

The Contacts APP is another joke. It doesn't even include BBM Contacts!?

And the bloody SCREENSHOT tone is just ARRGGHHHH.

I bought this, assuming that with BB's Hub and Universal Search (and a PSK), it would make an Android device significantly more tolerable and functional (as per my limited requirements), but sadly it hasn't been able to deliver.

I still have my BB Classic as my primary phone. Hope that the Priv DOES get sorted out.

IN CASE there is a way around these issues or I have missed out on some setting / option / toggle, please let me know.
    kertong likes this.
    12-28-15 10:21 PM
    I can relate to most of your gripes but there is a work around for the double notifications, I believe blaze wrote up a tutorial on how to do it a few weeks ago.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-29-15 05:24 AM
    Please let me know if I am missing some setting or option.

The HUB is seriously lacking -

It doesn't revert to the default ALL HUB view when you exit. It stays where you left it. Perhaps some prefer it that way, but would it be too much to allow the user an option to revert to default view after exit? The only way I can get it to do that is if I CLOSE the hub from the tile/masonary view.

The Hub 'integration' is a mess. Whatsapp and SMS's get multiple notifications (redundant) for one. Opening a Whatsapp message from the hub results in opening the Whatsapp APP itself. Same for the MESSENGER app for the texts!

Have to navigate to the TOP OF THE SCREEN to SEND a typed out email. No way to activate the context menu or actually SEND from the Keyboard (PSK or Onscreen). Most inconvenient.

The Contacts APP is another joke. It doesn't even include BBM Contacts!?

And the bloody SCREENSHOT tone is just ARRGGHHHH.

I bought this, assuming that with BB's Hub and Universal Search (and a PSK), it would make an Android device significantly more tolerable and functional (as per my limited requirements), but sadly it hasn't been able to deliver.

I still have my BB Classic as my primary phone. Hope that the Priv DOES get sorted out.

IN CASE there is a way around these issues or I have missed out on some setting / option / toggle, please let me know.
    Regarding your complaint about the view, why should the view change back to default if you simply minimized the app? That would drive me crazy.
    12-29-15 05:46 AM
    Regarding your complaint about the view, why should the view change back to default if you simply minimized the app? That would drive me crazy.
    This was a hugely debated 'feature' of the hub in BB10. In early versions, the hub would always bring you back to wherever you left it. Even if it meant it was deep inside a single account's folder.

Eventually they implemented the return to default view after a period of inactivity. Did they port this over to the Priv hub?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 05:52 AM
    This was a hugely debated 'feature' of the hub in BB10. In early versions, the hub would always bring you back to wherever you left it. Even if it meant it was deep inside a single account's folder.

Eventually they implemented the return to default view after a period of inactivity. Did they port this over to the Priv hub?

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't seem to be reverting to the default view. At least not in my case. BB OS10 had the same problem, but it was sorted in one of the updates (still have the Classic and it works like a charm)
    12-31-15 02:56 AM
    Another issue, if anyone can help.

The red star notification remains on the HUB icon (in the app drawer) and inside the hub as well (top left corner) even though I have read all unread messages. It goes off when I tap on the top left corner only to reappear when I get the next email / message in the hub.

I read the message but the star remains.

Any suggestions?
    12-31-15 02:59 AM
    A lot of your complaints are also limitations of Android or the app developer, BlackBerry can only do so much without the proper apis from apps like whatsapp etc, bb10 was built to have apis integrated into the hub, whatsapps android application wasn't built for the same type of functions as we see on bb10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    12-31-15 03:31 AM
    I can relate to most of your gripes but there is a work around for the double notifications, I believe blaze wrote up a tutorial on how to do it a few weeks ago.

Can somebody please direct me to that tutorial?
    01-07-16 03:58 AM
    download this can make screen shot silent

https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/
    01-07-16 05:05 AM
    Thank you Usman,

I would really prefer a NON-App solution for this.

I am not holding my breath... given that this is ANDROID, I guess everything is going to be through apps and codes and third party patches/fixes.

Sigh... CUSTOMISATION...
    01-07-16 05:35 AM
    Thank you Usman,

I would really prefer a NON-App solution for this.

I am not holding my breath... given that this is ANDROID, I guess everything is going to be through apps and codes and third party patches/fixes.

Sigh... CUSTOMISATION...
    No and yes. The screenshot sound issue is a BlackBerry-caused issue. Specifically this phone has this issue where the screenshot sound is on even while the phone is on silent. Other Android manufacturers didn't mess this up. I'm sure it's a simple bug that BlackBerry (if made aware of it) will include in an update. This isn't a bad thing though, it's a good thing that it can be fixed so simply and easily (if BlackBerry would just hurry up and do it).

That is all. Nothing more; nothing less.
    01-07-16 12:09 PM
    The PRIV is mainly vanilla Android and the BlackBerry parts are a work in progress. I like the Hub now, but it will only get better as time goes on.

I really like the launcher and the other 'first generation' BlackBerry Android sofware, but I didn't expect it to be even close to the BlackBerry 10 Hub because there is no way BlackBerry can build it into Android like that.

01-07-16 06:28 PM
    Can anyone tell me if I can exclude Sent items in the hub? Doesn't seem like it can be changed like on the BB10. I just got my VZW Priv today - have to tell you that this will drive me crazy if I can't... Have searched high and low on how to change on the Priv. Appreciate the help!
    03-04-16 05:07 PM
    Hub > Settings > General Settings > Show Sent Emails.

03-04-16 05:35 PM
    For the OP: Textra only has a pop up when replying from the Hub if it's set as default. However, it doesn't properly show unread in the Hub. Yaata works better, but has an issue with notifications.

03-04-16 05:38 PM
    For the OP: Textra only has a pop up when replying from the Hub if it's set as default. However, it doesn't properly show unread in the Hub. Yaata works better, but has an issue with notifications.

Does Yaata handle mms correctly?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    03-04-16 05:46 PM

Thank you for the suggestion. Appreciate it, mate.

I would really want to avoid downloading apps as much as I could. And if using Yaata or Textra still doesn't solve the issue, then I'd rather wait for the Hub update that hopefully addresses the issues.

Thanks though.
    will308 likes this.
    03-04-16 07:55 PM