The Priv runs smouth, the screen is nice (very good) and battery life is decent and charging time is a pleasent suprise.

The butons of the FKB are to small (coming from the Passport SE) for my liking!

The curves edges of the screen look nice, but don't offer advantages (only to have a nice feeling to the hand).

Proud Owner of a Passport SE and a Priv!
    Enjoy your phone, I one and still use my Passport SE as my daily driver. The Priv has a great screen, and yes small buttons......coming from the T-Rex keyboard of the Passport.

You will find the more you use the phone the more you will enjoy it......congrats.

Woof
    01-28-18 08:26 AM
    Enjoy your phone, I one and still use my Passport SE as my daily driver. The Priv has a great screen, and yes small buttons......coming from the T-Rex keyboard of the Passport.

You will find the more you use the phone the more you will enjoy it......congrats.

Woof
    Transfered the PRIV to my girlfriend. The addiction to the full sized keyboard of the PP SE was to big!

Now we are both happy!
    Qorax likes this.
    01-28-18 08:34 AM
    I too just got a Priv last week, the phone is like new except for marshmallow was already on it. I gotta say I'm just loving this thing.

Coming from a Z30 the difference is night and day, of course. This phone looks good, feels good and works good. I spend a lot of time reading the news and watching related video, spend time on Youtube and BBM, so loving this big beautiful display! Can't really complain about the battery as it lasts me all day most days. I miss BB10 but enjoying getting to know Android and all the new things it has to offer. That's my take on this wonderful device.
    Qorax and jayk82 like this.
    01-28-18 11:44 AM
    I too just got a Priv last week, the phone is like new except for marshmallow was already on it. I gotta say I'm just loving this thing.

Coming from a Z30 the difference is night and day, of course. This phone looks good, feels good and works good. I spend a lot of time reading the news and watching related video, spend time on Youtube and BBM, so loving this big beautiful display! Can't really complain about the battery as it lasts me all day most days. I miss BB10 but enjoying getting to know Android and all the new things it has to offer. That's my take on this wonderful device.
    My priv is arriving this week. Glad you are having such a good experience with it. I owned the passport and it was great but when I tried to go back to it from the classic I realized I don't like PKB on the passport. I have big hands too but I find the passport isn't comfortable to type on vs the classic. How do you find the typing experience on the Priv I know from reviews it's a smaller keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-18 11:58 AM
    My priv is arriving this week. Glad you are having such a good experience with it. I owned the passport and it was great but when I tried to go back to it from the classic I realized I don't like PKB on the passport. I have big hands too but I find the passport isn't comfortable to type on vs the classic. How do you find the typing experience on the Priv I know from reviews it's a smaller keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    It took only a couple of days to get used to it but I hadn't used one for a couple of years so I figure it's pretty good. My last experience with the PKB was my beloved 9810 so I was used to a small keyboard. I found it top heavy at first but got used to that pretty quick, I too have big hands which helps as my fingers naturally rest past the balance point so I think you'll find that being an advantage. I strongly believe that you will be pleasantly surprised as I was by this phone.
    01-28-18 12:14 PM
    It took only a couple of days to get used to it but I hadn't used one for a couple of years so I figure it's pretty good. My last experience with the PKB was my beloved 9810 so I was used to a small keyboard. I found it top heavy at first but got used to that pretty quick, I too have big hands which helps as my fingers naturally rest past the balance point so I think you'll find that being an advantage. I strongly believe that you will be pleasantly surprised as I was by this phone.
    Awesome! Yeah I'm really excited. I know it's over 2 years old but it feels like a new phone to me lol

Posted via CB10
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-28-18 01:58 PM
    Awesome! Yeah I'm really excited. I know it's over 2 years old but it feels like a new phone to me lol

Posted via CB10
    PRIV is awesome!
    01-28-18 03:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    I feel the same way too. That display is so futureproof, so even though it's from late 2015, it's way more than good enough into 2018 and beyond.

As for the KEYone...well they should have gone AMOLED. It would have helped the user "forgive" the smaller screen.
    01-28-18 03:05 PM
    I am thinking in buying a priv and replacing my Classic, I think I can find good price in 2nd hand market.

My classic is working quite well, but as I have too many android apps installed (and android is so defective in terms of stopping apps in background) the performance is quite bad. Even sometimes is unresponsive.

Do u think the priv performance is much better?
    Is easy to stop BlackBerry software?

About rooting I think it is still impossible. Isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-18 07:40 AM
    I am thinking in buying a priv and replacing my Classic, I think I can find good price in 2nd hand market.

My classic is working quite well, but as I have too many android apps installed (and android is so defective in terms of stopping apps in background) the performance is quite bad. Even sometimes is unresponsive.

Posted via CB10
    Priv performance is much better than a Classic and if your using a lot of Android apps now, you're experience will only become better with those apps.

I'm not sure what you mean by stopping BlackBerry software but if it's an Android app, it's a very easy thing to do.

And yes, rooting a Priv is still not possible due to its locked bootloader.
    02-27-18 02:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    PRIV is a great device (have one myself) but it's also almost 3 years old. Officially NO more OS updates and or security updates. Although so far running fine.
    That in tech world is ancient. I would suggest you give a look at KEYone and in particular if you can the KEYone Black Edition. Also some good deals on them! KEYone is my main driver and PRIV secondary device.
    Good luck
    02-28-18 06:03 AM
    Currently have a Classic, just bought a mint Priv on Swapa for $100! Going to give it a go before I fully jump into the Keyone. I'm eying the Black Edition coming to the U.S. soon.

I will have to wait for one secondhand like I did the Priv, my wife will kill me if I buy anymore phones; I got the iPhone X at launch and she wasn't thrilled!!

Posted via CB10 on my AT&T Classic
    02-28-18 11:19 AM
    The solution to your problem is easy. Sell the x. And you can buy multiple other device and still have money left over
    jayk82 likes this.
    02-28-18 12:33 PM
    The solution to your problem is easy. Sell the x. And you can buy multiple other device and still have money left over
    I'm very tempted to sell the X and get an iPhone SE to keep my iOS fix and get a Keyone as well...

Posted via CB10 on my AT&T Classic
    02-28-18 03:53 PM
39 12