My touch screen has stopped in the past and when I've held the power button to reset/restart, I was able to use the touch screen. Since Monday (1/15/18), I haven't been able to use the touch screen. I have held the power button for 12 sec, 20 sec, and 40 sec increments numerous times throughout the day, for the last 4 days.

Please help me!!! I don't want to purchase another phone. This phone was purchased new off ebay in October 2017.
    01-18-18 06:31 PM
    Sounds like it is defective now. Not sure you can do much about it other than get another screen. Probably not worth it to do that and better to just buy another. was this used or new when you bought it?
    01-18-18 07:47 PM
    Noooo... don't tell me that. I purchased it new in October 2017.
    01-18-18 08:08 PM
    If you bought it new from reputable source, it should come with a 1year warranty.
    01-19-18 12:00 AM
    The Priv was launched in Nov 2015. Production ended about 6 months later.

I find it hard to believe a new one was just lying around last Oct. Sounds like a refurbished unit repackaged as new.
    01-19-18 12:40 AM
    There are "new" Privs on ebay and amazon. SO which BB should I get next since it looks like I need to get a new phone. I MUST have a keyboard--the only reason why I still use BB.

Suggestions?
    01-19-18 04:31 AM
    There are "new" Privs on ebay and amazon. SO which BB should I get next since it looks like I need to get a new phone. I MUST have a keyboard--the only reason why I still use BB.

Suggestions?
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Beyond the fact that it's the only choice, it comes with a minimum of two years of support.
    01-19-18 08:58 AM

Suggestions?
    The suggestion is to make a warranty claim. You bought your device less than a year ago. As long as you bought from a reputable source, as mentioned in an above post, you have a one year warranty.

If they aren't, then buy another Priv is you like the slider and bigger screen. Buy a KeyOne if you don't care about the slider and bigger screen. I prefer the bigger screen so I have stayed with the Priv. The KeyOne is a great phone though, and if you don't need the bigger screen, go with the KeyOne.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-21-18 12:26 PM
    Beyond the fact that it's the only choice, it comes with a minimum of two years of support.
    15 months left on those 2 years.
    01-21-18 05:57 PM
    The suggestion is to make a warranty claim. You bought your device less than a year ago. As long as you bought from a reputable source, as mentioned in an above post, you have a one year warranty.

If they aren't, then buy another Priv is you like the slider and bigger screen. Buy a KeyOne if you don't care about the slider and bigger screen. I prefer the bigger screen so I have stayed with the Priv. The KeyOne is a great phone though, and if you don't need the bigger screen, go with the KeyOne.
    Well, therein lies the problem. The OP bought it on ebay. How many times have you seen electronics sold from a reputable source on ebay.
    01-21-18 06:35 PM
    Well, therein lies the problem. The OP bought it on ebay. How many times have you seen electronics sold from a reputable source on ebay.
    Well, there are some, and I have, but there are very few, hence the question, and my followup advice regarding the KeyOne VS the Priv.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-21-18 09:12 PM
    My touch screen has stopped in the past and when I've held the power button to reset/restart, I was able to use the touch screen. Since Monday (1/15/18), I haven't been able to use the touch screen. I have held the power button for 12 sec, 20 sec, and 40 sec increments numerous times throughout the day, for the last 4 days.

Please help me!!! I don't want to purchase another phone. This phone was purchased new off ebay in October 2017.
    Buyer beware..i would be very hesitant to buy a priv off Ebay..u should file a report with Ebay you could get your money back

Posted via CB10
    01-21-18 10:22 PM
    Buyer beware..i would be very hesitant to buy a priv off Ebay..u should file a report with Ebay you could get your money back

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, when you buy anything off eBay, it's usually considered as-is second hand merchandise purchase with no warranty. If any warranty is offered by seller, it's typically 30 days or less. Before going to eBay, I would give the seller a chance to make things right. See if they're willing to do anything. Replace, discount off replacement or nothing. Some purchases on eBay offer the ability to purchase a warranty so that's a consideration for the future.
    01-22-18 05:02 AM
    There are few stores on Ebay who'd make good (repair/replace) within 90 days. I had one such experience (95th day). As someone above rightly opined ~ try contacting the seller asap.
    01-22-18 05:43 AM
    15 months left on those 2 years.
    Doubt it. With the Motion release, it will likely be 2 years still (same SoC, so likely same end date).

Plus, it's just a minimum anyway. It will likely be more if BlackBerry Mobile is still doing well.
    01-22-18 02:02 PM