My battery was running low, so plugged prive charger on,looked ok. But..whilst it was plugged into the charger I opened a txt containing a giff-gaff..the phone suddenly blacked out. I assumed just out of juice, but there was no response to the three or four different chargers I tried, so I then checked the power pins inside, these were aligned, so all ok here, then as per blog info,held down the shut down button along with volume down button for 32secs and tried to reboot. It looked as if it was coming back to life then it died again. Have also tried an induction charger, to see if this brought it back to life..nothing! Have all my contacts and my diary on this phone, any help woul be greatfully received.
    04-13-17 05:36 PM
    My battery was running low, so plugged prive charger on,looked ok. But..whilst it was plugged into the charger I opened a txt containing a giff-gaff..the phone suddenly blacked out. I assumed just out of juice, but there was no response to the three or four different chargers I tried, so I then checked the power pins inside, these were aligned, so all ok here, then as per blog info,held down the shut down button along with volume down button for 32secs and tried to reboot. It looked as if it was coming back to life then it died again. Have also tried an induction charger, to see if this brought it back to life..nothing! Have all my contacts and my diary on this phone, any help woul be greatfully received.
    WELCOME to Crackberry. I'm sorry your first visit was because you have a problem.

First, check one of those chargers and make sure it it working and charging another device if possible.

Next, just plug it in and leave the phone alone for an hour. When fully discharged, it can take some time before it shows any sign of charging. After an hour, then Press and HOLD the power button for 32 seconds. See what happens.
    04-13-17 08:39 PM
    Hello Ff22 ambassador , Thanks for info, tried the 32sec solution battery still wont charge, looks as though it's trying hard to boot up .....stating andriod app 1 0f 1 opening, then it just dies! Called BB support ....not much help here even though phone still under warrenty. Bought in USA brought home to Uk. Dissapionted . May have to give in and try local repair shop , or buy new phone.......!
    04-15-17 06:05 PM
    Hello Ff22 ambassador , Thanks for info, tried the 32sec solution battery still wont charge, looks as though it's trying hard to boot up .....stating andriod app 1 0f 1 opening, then it just dies! Called BB support ....not much help here even though phone still under warrenty. Bought in USA brought home to Uk. Dissapionted . May have to give in and try local repair shop , or buy new phone.......!
    Which reseller did you get it from?

It should still be covered under warranty regardless of where you are.
    04-15-17 06:11 PM
    Just a few hours earlier I did my multinational tirade. Why the hell can't someone buy a product offered by multinational corporations in one place and get warranty coverage in another?? It is disgusting! My example was that I was roaming around Amsterdam Airport last summer and really liked a pair of Bose Headphones. They would have been great on the nine hour trip back home. But my fear was that if anything went wrong I might be without a warranty in the US because I bought a product sold internationally in another country - STUPID and IRRITATING.

Back to the problem at hand - give it overnight and see if that helps. You might also explore reloading the OS using an Autoloader. See:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-1065667-new/

and go to the first POSTING in the thread.

Also, here's the full reboot text I usually post

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

Good luck.
    04-15-17 07:42 PM