Was the mute button progammed after BlackBerry decided to not put bb10 on priv? It seems pointless as a mute button, but as BlackBerry assistant it makes sense.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 11:12 PM
    Id rather it pause media than mute. That makes way more sense.
    ahmedhanif911 and tufcustomer like this.
    11-17-15 12:45 AM
    I'd rather have it assignable like the keyboard shortcuts but have it work from any app.
    11-17-15 02:05 AM
    Shouldwork like bb10 pause media and the volume keys should skip tracks loved that feature!

11-17-15 02:55 AM
    Same here! Pause would be much more helpful. It would be even better if BlackBerry allowed us to change its function. Personally, I'd like to make that the sleep/wake button -- I'm used to having that on the right side, so I don't like reaching around to the left.
    11-17-15 03:08 AM
    Same here! Pause would be much more helpful. It would be even better if BlackBerry allowed us to change its function. Personally, I'd like to make that the sleep/wake button -- I'm used to having that on the right side, so I don't like reaching around to the left.
    yeah, the wake button on the left side is really awkward. Ive either had it on the top, or on the right side.
    11-17-15 06:19 AM
    It's part of the bewildering ergonomics of this device. As mentioned, power button placement is just about in the worst possible spot. I'm unable to use 1 hand to shut off the device without triggering the buttons on the other side. The so called Mute button is worthless. Why not either have it toggle the sound profiles or simply be programmable?
    11-17-15 08:53 AM
    I'd rather have it assignable like the keyboard shortcuts but have it work from any app.
    Too bad the phone won't see root or the Tasker app could make that button do whatever you want it to basically.

11-17-15 09:12 AM
    Too bad the phone won't see root or the Tasker app could make that button do whatever you want it to basically.

There is an open bounty for rooting the priv in xda. Hope someone claims it soon.

lactose and Trisk333 like this.
    11-17-15 09:14 AM
    There is an open bounty for rooting the priv in xda. Hope someone claims it soon.

I won't say impossible, but I don't think root is likely especially with marshmallow around the corner. I'll miss customizations like Tasker (which is fantastic) but I'm ok with this phone not being rooted because I think the phone itself is fantastic.

It does pain me though to know that some of the shiz former BB10 users want could be solved with root and having control over their own phones.

11-17-15 09:27 AM
    Not sure why BlackBerry thought a mute button was more helpful. Liked it much better as a pause button as it was on BB10, even BBOS if I remember correctly.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 09:36 AM