I just recently sold my BlackBerry Z30 and bought a brand new PRIV. Very nice device.

Majority of my music was purchased from iTunes and stored on my micro SD card. The default music player, Google Play Music, cannot organize the tracks. Right now, they are alphabetical which is not desired at all. I want the tracks in order as they were intended by the artists. It sounds like I need to modify the metadata to get it working. I have almost 2000 songs, so I'm not wasting my time to manually create that. Apparently, the track number for the songs is in the song name itself. I'm guessing no metadata for the songs.

Is there a good music player which can read the songs in proper order? I am hoping for one that works with the flip case where I can see the music in the flip window. So far Double Twist is the only one I can find that sorts the music in the order I like, but their help states Android default settings is preventing lock screen for their app.

Ideas or suggestions is welcome. Thanks.
    09-23-17 09:30 AM
    Neutron works well, and organizes tracks properly.
    09-23-17 11:03 AM
    I used Neutron for years & it's a great app. Recently I've been using Blackplayer EX b/c I like the UI a bit better.
    09-23-17 11:49 AM
    blackplayer
    09-23-17 04:10 PM
    BlackPlayer is my first choice.
    09-23-17 05:50 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Neutron (I remember this app on PlayBook and BB10) it works well, but the interface is still tricky to navigate for me. I tried BlackPlayer, and it only got some of my albums in correct order, not all of them.
    09-24-17 06:32 AM
    You should try poweramp. It has great amp and never messed my with my flacs and cue files.
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    09-24-17 07:06 AM
    Funny thing happened in the car. I have Double Twist and Neutron both installed. Both set to different albums. Neutron played its album until I hit the drivethru where I turned off the radio in the car. After getting the food, I turned the car radio back on and double twist started playing its album. I turned off the radio, then on again and Neutron took over. Thought it was quite funny.
    09-24-17 07:58 AM
    Funny thing happened in the car. I have Double Twist and Neutron both installed. Both set to different albums. Neutron played its album until I hit the drivethru where I turned off the radio in the car. After getting the food, I turned the car radio back on and double twist started playing its album. I turned off the radio, then on again and Neutron took over. Thought it was quite funny.

I run Neutron on my three PlayBooks, my USB only Z30 and my Priv (Verizon).

We all need to take deep breaths, chill out, and just look at both our Address Books and Music
    objectively and come to realize they are both disorganized / incoherent steaming piles of crap.

It is truly miraculous that any player can make sense of them !! Neutron has way-far
    the most features. (ahem) Doc Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 09-27-17 at 11:30 AM.
    09-24-17 07:18 PM
    You should try poweramp. It has great amp and never messed my with my flacs and cue files.
    I gave it a try and so far I'm loving it.

I was using Neutron on BB10, but since they don't keep your purchase valid in different appstores, I'm not going to pay 7 dollars again.
    09-24-17 11:00 PM
    I was using Neutron on BB10, but since they don't keep your purchase valid in different appstores, I'm not going to pay 7 dollars again.
    I feel the same way! Neutron should allow me to transfer my purchase.
    09-24-17 11:10 PM
    I use VLC. Not bad!
    09-25-17 10:22 AM
    Pulsar is a great music player app for local files--it's also ad-free, but i'm not sure about the music order thing
    09-25-17 12:38 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Neutron (I remember this app on PlayBook and BB10) it works well, but the interface is still tricky to navigate for me. I tried BlackPlayer, and it only got some of my albums in correct order, not all of them.
    Yeah, I wasn't impressed with Blackplayer. It didn't sort my music properly either. I have no issues with Neutron. I guess I'm used to the interface, it's easy for me.
    09-25-17 06:30 PM
    After some research and trying different music players, I found that doubleTwist works the best for me. The player does have a working widget (the issue was me not understanding how to use it) and it organizes the files well. DoubleTwist has been around for quite a while and dipped into moving music files over from iTunes to Android, so it makes sense it can work with the files. Plus its pro version is currently discounted so I nabbed it for about $5. It allowed me to change the metadata for a couple albums that labelled the artist as 'various' into the proper artist. Then it was able to grab the proper album cover. Very happy with this software.
    09-26-17 02:35 PM
    I use VLC. Not bad!
    Yup, VLC is a good alternative if you don't want to pay for Neutron.
    09-26-17 06:14 PM
    I like Black Player on Android. Nice minimalist player.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-17 06:21 PM
    I like Neutron, Poweramp, and VLC.
    09-26-17 06:23 PM
    I have USB Audio Player Pro $(has in app purchase options and Shoutcast radio) and Onkyo HF Player free app but you can Purchase HiRes music through Onkyo Music Store in a few countries. These apps can be used with a USB Dac or no Dac in app settings. The USB Audio Pro Player updates Frequently for bug fixes and add-ons . The Onkyo HF Player doesn't as much but just had a facelift recently which looks good.
    Oh you might like Edge Player which was made for the Samsung Edge I have it on my PRIV and it works OK. Just don't use it that much because I use a Dac.
    09-27-17 12:05 PM
    I've tried several players and have stuck with GoneMad Music Player. The customization options are almost limitless. You can customize almost every aspect of the player from UI to how your library is displayed to what file locations you want to include/exclude in your library. It supports a ton of formats and has several audio and equalizer options (gapless, replay gain, limiter, etc.).
    More importantly, and what the OP was looking for, your music can be sorted in various ways including by file name (if songs are named with song number in name like OP stated).
    09-29-17 02:32 AM
    phonograph is pretty good
    09-29-17 04:05 PM