Hi,

I just bought a new PRIV in order to replace my old PRIV. Now I wondered, what would be the best way to switch phones.

Regarding the system settings' backup and restore feature I would assume that connecting the new PRIV to the same GMail account should at least enable restoring apps and settings - as far as possible. Are there any caveats or pitfalls?

What about "device-sensitive" apps like Two Factor Authentication ones? Are there other critical apps, that need special treatment?

I will certainly make a raw backup of the whole file system on a usb stick, so that I might be able to restore some special files, which I might have overseen - but that is only a fallback measure.

Any further advice? Any recommendations?
    01-17-18 04:10 PM
    Tap and Go. Most of the stuff will all be taken care of by way of Google apps and such. Keep in mind, BlackBerry-specific apps will need to be authenticated again and such as that data does not travel. Two-factor stuff is going to depend on the methods used, there's no one answer there. If you're using something like Authy, it won't matter. Honestly, just do the tap and go transfer and see what you end up with. Your old device doesn't self-destruct, you can try it again and again until you get all you want to be transferred.
    01-17-18 04:40 PM
    Content transfer app also works fine... tap and go doesn't transfer text messages.
    01-17-18 05:34 PM
    Content transfer app also works fine... tap and go doesn't transfer text messages.
    Content transfer didn't transfer SMS or call logs. Has It improved that much in the last year or so?
    01-17-18 06:06 PM
    I did a switch from a dtek50 to priv on Jan 4th, and it did sms and mms. Never used before. Used to get sms backup app to do it prior.
    01-17-18 06:17 PM
    Come to think of it, Iv'e never used it for android to android. BB10 to android, well over a year ago, it was really baaaad. Only transfered about 1/3 of my contacts, and disappeared the rest from both devices.
    Glad to know they have tweaked and improved it.
    01-18-18 05:10 AM
    Nothing worked - neither the NFC "Get-all-my-accounts-on-my-new-device" nor the content transfer app. Well, reinstalling everything also has its charme ...
    02-03-18 03:11 PM