Just got a notification from Bell that I'm eligible for a free upgrade to Samsung S9 and am wondering if I'm able to use BB's keyboard on it. Will probably download all the other BlackBerry software but not sure if the keyboard is available for the S9.

Has anyone made a similar switch? I'll ask if I can get a Motion but not sure it's as good as the S9. My Priv has been pretty buggy last few months and it's starting to bother me. Is the One Plus a good option?

Thanks for any input.
    09-22-18 10:53 AM
    If you want the BBAndroid experience, the best and only VKB you’ll find right now is the Motion. If you want higher specs, the S9 would be the route to go but the BB experience isn’t the same. Any choice would be some form of compromise now. Good luck either way.
    Just got a notification from Bell that I'm eligible for a free upgrade to Samsung S9 and am wondering if I'm able to use BB's keyboard on it. Will probably download all the other BlackBerry software but not sure if the keyboard is available for the S9.

Has anyone made a similar switch? I'll ask if I can get a Motion but not sure it's as good as the S9. My Priv has been pretty buggy last few months and it's starting to bother me. Is the One Plus a good option?

Thanks for any input.
    09-22-18 11:00 AM
    If you want the BBAndroid experience, the best and only VKB you’ll find right now is the Motion. If you want higher specs, the S9 would be the route to go but the BB experience isn’t the same. Any choice would be some form of compromise now. Good luck either way.
    Except Bb's VKB (which I personally don't like) I found that BB experience is mostly the same on my Priv without using the PKB than on my defunct Xperia. I didn't miss a thing.
    But Samsung devices have a more bloated Is than Sony's, so I'm not sure about those.
    09-22-18 12:38 PM
    Except Bb's VKB (which I personally don't like) I found that BB experience is mostly the same on my Priv without using the PKB than on my defunct Xperia. I didn't miss a thing.
    But Samsung devices have a more bloated Is than Sony's, so I'm not sure about those.
    Yeah, my diehard Samsung loving wife, switched to Sony, and now she says she will never go back to Samsung. She loves the Sony, mainly because she now realizes how much Samsung screwed up the Android experience, like settings, and finds it is easier with the Sony.
    09-22-18 02:00 PM
    Key words are “mostly the same”. BB recently had some change regarding BB apps etc on non BB phones. I’m not passing judgement on BBAndroid vs BBApps on Android, just there’s some difference. Any other Android Flagship is fine. To me there’s no BBMo VKB or PKB high-spec Flagship just midtier Flagship.
    09-22-18 02:23 PM
    You can find the apk for the BlackBerry vkb if you really want it. That being said I'm using the Google keyboard on my Pixel and the adjustment has been easy for the most part. Missing a few features but manageable.
    09-22-18 11:00 PM
    No thought or want to go with another BlackBerry like a Key 2?? A few friends of mine who switched from Priv to Key 1 and 2 love them even though they swore to never go back to a physical keyboard.

Just a thought, I never owned a Priv but a lot of people are happy with the performance of the Key 2!!

Best of luck!

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    09-23-18 06:13 AM
    No thought or want to go with another BlackBerry like a Key 2?? A few friends of mine who switched from Priv to Key 1 and 2 love them even though they swore to never go back to a physical keyboard.

Just a thought, I never owned a Priv but a lot of people are happy with the performance of the Key 2!!

Best of luck!

Posted via CB10
    KEYone/KEY2/LE are the way to go at this point if you want a physical keyboard. The Priv can be optimized to run a bit better but it won't be close to the KEY devices performance no matter how much you tweak
    09-23-18 06:29 AM

Thanks for any input.
    yes you can :https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...d-1059855-new/
    and that would a far better choice then any BB(TCL) devices right now
    09-23-18 04:23 PM