For those who are using moviepass on blackberry android there is a bug that I have found. They are now asking people to take pictures of their movie tickets before the can get another ticket. When you give permission to use the camera the movie pass launches the camera app, you take the picture, it automatically goes back to the moviepass app and then it just sits there like you never took the picture. I played with permissions etc of the moviepass app to no avail.

The workaround I found was to install "open camera" from the playstore which is a free camera app. In moviepass when you click the button to take the picture you are prompted which camera to use, just choose the open camera and everything works fine from there.

I am running a priv with the latest versions of everything. I believe the camera app is the same as all other blackberry androids since it is from the playstore so this probably effects all blackberrys running android but I can't be sure because I can't test. When I buy my KeyONE or it whatever they come out with this year I will update this thread.

For those wondering about moviepass I will take a second and say IT IS AWESOME. It is being run by one of the founders of Netflix and one of the founders of redbox (same guy who was a founder of both of those companies.) You pay a monthly fee or a yearly fee to be able to go to a movie a day for the term of your subscription. My wife and I (each need our own moviepass) go to about 2 to 3 movies a week and if you factor in the yearly cost for the subscription within a month we broke even and for the last two months we have been seeing "free" movies and have 9 months to go before we renew. We got ours through a promotion at Costco so we payed $90 for a 1 year subscription. Movie pass is normally $9.95 a month or less if you pay for the year and they have had deals where you pay for a year and you pay $6.95 a month. They have several revenue models which all depend on you watching MORE movies and not on the gym membership model where if you go less they make more money.

I believe it is US only currently but it is awesome I highly recommend it.

JoJetSki
    FF22 likes this.
    04-14-18 03:10 PM