... the "mute" button in between the volume buttons. On my old Z30 I used to use that button a lot to start and stop playback. I don't think I've pushed that button once other than to test whether or not it's still working. I never mute anything, instead I pause playback.

What else can that button be used for besides "mute"?

Posted from my Priv
    01-18-16 04:07 PM
    Mute button is useful for me because I do conference call few times a week.

Posted via CB10
    ProjectBrett and Dan_C like this.
    01-18-16 04:18 PM
    you can calm your nervous triggers with it like instead of opening and closing the pkb just press that mute button 86 times to calm the nerves
    tryfe, gvs1341, bg2law and 4 others like this.
    01-18-16 04:18 PM
    Mute button is useful for me because I do conference call few times a week.

Posted via CB10
    I use my Priv for conf calls too, but when I do, I usually am on a headset which has the multi-function button. Or else if I am on speaker I use the on screen button. I guess there's a use for it if you are using speaker phone and doing stuff with your Priv at the same time. But still, even if you use it for conf calls it's still gotta be the least used button on your Priv, no?
    01-18-16 04:21 PM
    you can calm your nervous triggers with it like instead of opening and closing the pkb just press that mute button 86 times to calm the nerves
    I might have to switch to that, haha, might save my slider in the long run!
    01-18-16 04:22 PM
    Even on BlackBerry 10, I touched that button maybe twice since 2013. I have never used that button for anything, not for launching anything and very rarely even to mute sound. Doesn't bother me at all.

Even though I LOVE buttons, I don't really care about this particular one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-18-16 05:12 PM
    They should have used resistance buttons and used them to scroll when not in a call.
    franchise22 and John Doe99 like this.
    01-18-16 07:10 PM
    They should have used resistance buttons and used them to scroll when not in a call.
    Sounds like the days of the track wheel but brought back with a modern twist.

01-18-16 07:20 PM
    I couldn't help but laugh.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    01-18-16 07:33 PM
    They should just let people choose what the key does aka convenience key
    01-18-16 07:53 PM
    I'm hoping with marshmallow they add more functionality to it.

chuckiev79 and John Doe99 like this.
    01-18-16 09:30 PM
    They should just let people choose what the key does aka convenience key
    I read a post from someone on here the other day who used an app to remap the button. I think the app was called tasker.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 09:31 PM
    One nice feature of BBos7, the buttons were programmable...
    acovey likes this.
    01-18-16 11:49 PM
    I'm hoping with marshmallow they add more functionality to it.

More functionality would be nice. I do use it like said above on conference calls.

01-19-16 12:07 AM
    I would sure love to be able to change sound tracks by using the volume buttons like on BB10.
    acovey and Yukonlass like this.
    01-19-16 12:54 AM
    I would sure love to be able to change sound tracks by using the volume buttons like on BB10.
    Your wish is granted: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rackctrl&hl=en

And here's something with even more functionality than just skipping tracks. Map your volume keys to do various things. I haven't tested this one on the Priv, but maybe that middle button can be mapped with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...quickclickgold
    caltrmptguy86 likes this.
    01-19-16 01:10 AM
    I don't know guys. I actually like the mute button there, although I'd prefer it to be pause while playing a song, movie, etc., but that's probably an android limitation.

01-19-16 01:31 AM

What else can that button be used for besides "mute"?

Posted from my Priv

My fave is start and stop media like podcast player. Makes it easy to do so with phone still in my pocket.

PRIVateering since 2015.
    01-19-16 06:35 AM
    The power on button. J/K, LOL.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-19-16 03:00 PM
    does anyone with tasker app skills can change the mute button to use as a capture button when in camera mode?
    01-19-16 06:26 PM
    does anyone with tasker app skills can change the mute button to use as a capture button when in camera mode?
    What do the volume rockers do when using the camera?
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-19-16 06:42 PM
    I thought Tasker needed root?
    01-19-16 06:49 PM
    i do not think so, i got tasker to made my phone lock whenever i close the physical keyboard. as well play "music/tones/sound" when i open and close they keyboard. i just thought it would be a great addition there was a way to modify the phone mute key(knowing how unuseful) to use as a camera shutter button
    01-19-16 08:54 PM
    Tasker can do a lot more things if the device is granted administrator permissions, but it can still do amazing things without root.

i just thought it would be a great addition there was a way to modify the phone mute key(knowing how unuseful) to use as a camera shutter button
    Great idea but, as Fret Madden said, when in the camera app, the volume buttons already snap a photo, so the mute button doing that isn't really needed.
    01-19-16 09:46 PM
    I actually use it quite often. When I get a call and don't want to answer but also don't want to "hang" up earlier than the regular amount of rings before it goes to voice-mail, the mute mutes the ring tone.

01-19-16 10:59 PM
33 12