Apparently No OIS. Not too shaby!

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    The oposite... It is suposed to have OIS. We have seen different variation of that camera bezel, and all of them had "OIS" except the one that OP posted

Most interesting is that LENS!-venice_camera.jpg

Most interesting is that LENS!-blackberry-venice-slider-camera.jpg

Most interesting is that LENS!-blackberry-venice-leaks12.jpg
    tryfe and ayngling like this.
    09-21-15 06:43 PM
    A great picture is a product of a great lens, a great sensor, and great software to process the image. Number of megapixels has little to do with it. Too many people focus (no pun intended) on megapixels. I'm happy to see BlackBerry going with a high-end lens. As more details are leaked, we'll know about the other 2 elements.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    09-21-15 07:21 PM
    A great picture is a product of a great lens, a great sensor, and great software to process the image. Number of megapixels has little to do with it. Too many people focus (no pun intended) on megapixels. I'm happy to see BlackBerry going with a high-end lens. As more details are leaked, we'll know about the other 2 elements.

Fortunately people are starting to realise that there's a lot more than megapixels to a picture... The problem now is the V�deo, where everybody wants 4k, thinking it's just better and it's the overall measure of quality, when in fact 4k has more more cons than pros when it comes to Smartphone usage.
    09-21-15 07:23 PM
    Fortunately people are starting to realise that there's a lot more than megapixels to a picture... The problem now is the V�deo, where everybody wants 4k, thinking it's just better and it's the overall measure of quality, when in fact 4k has more more cons than pros when it comes to Smartphone usage.
    Especially on devices that have a 1080p screen! With 4K video taking up 4 times the space as 1080p, 128gb iPhone 6s will fill up pretty quickly. A device capable of shooting 4K needs to have an SD card. And then there's the additional time to write 4K video to the card. But I digress...

09-21-15 09:20 PM
    If anybody bothered to read the Wikipedia, you'd see that Schneider optics is providing optics for their digital cameras. This is a natural extension to the Samsung designed BlackBerry Venice.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:44 PM
    Deutsche Gr�ndlichkeit! Jawohl!

But I wonder, considering that 4k video takes a lot of memory, does this mean that the SD cards that you want to use for this phone, can be formated to NTFS (seeing that FAT does not allow file sizes of >4 GB)????
    09-22-15 04:33 AM
    Nothing beats German engineering
    WT44 likes this.
    09-22-15 04:35 AM
    Superb lens. Let see how long does it take focus.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 04:40 AM
    Nothing beats German engineering
    Yea, it's like BlackBerry this time thought: Wenn schon, denn schon!
    Yes, Ich bin ein Berliner.
    09-22-15 04:41 AM
    The autofocus unit and camera sensor I hope is as good as the lens

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 09:55 AM

But I wonder, considering that 4k video takes a lot of memory, does this mean that the SD cards that you want to use for this phone, can be formated to NTFS (seeing that FAT does not allow file sizes of >4 GB)????
    If we had an h.265 codec, the 4K wouldn't take up all that much space. I hope that BlackBerry employs exfat instead.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 10:05 AM
    There's 1 thing that bother's me with Slider's camera, and mostly every smartphone camera on the market. It's how big they try to make the camera when it actually isn't. This is where I think Iphone, and older BB10 devices got it right, they didn't have a "show off" and oversized camera bezels

Most interesting is that LENS!-blackberry-venice-leak-6.jpg
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-22-15 11:38 AM
    There's 1 thing that bother's me with Slider's camera, and mostly every smartphone camera on the market. It's how big they try to make the camera when it actually isn't.
    I do agree, but if they are going to stick a big name in there, I am happy it is an Oscar winning optics company
    09-22-15 01:16 PM
    There's 1 thing that bother's me with Slider's camera, and mostly every smartphone camera on the market. It's how big they try to make the camera when it actually isn't. This is where I think Iphone, and older BB10 devices got it right, they didn't have a "show off" and oversized camera bezels
    I also really wish they would stop making the bevel larger than necessary. It just increases the chance of you scratching up the camera.
    09-22-15 02:08 PM
    I think part of the reason for these new designs is to get some separation between the lenses.

Basically you want better pictures, you need a large sensor and larger lenses... along with some depth.

I think what BlackBerry appears to be doing with their camera is a big step in the right direction.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-22-15 02:14 PM

And for what it is worth, the person actually capturing the image. He or she has to know about composition, lighting, timing, etc.....
    09-22-15 08:23 PM
    And for what it is worth, the person actually capturing the image. He or she has to know about composition, lighting, timing, etc.....
    I doubt my wife knows about any of that... and she has taken some pretty good pictures with her iPhone. Most people want to capture a real life moment, and they want a phone that can do that. Sadly up till now BlackBerry's just weren't very good at just capturing moments... you needed the right lighting, you needed rock steady hands, and perfect timing (what happened to TimeShift?). And sadly the camera is one of the most used features on many peoples smartphones...

So I think it at least seems like BlackBerry has tried to improve the camera and picture taking experience on BlackBerries.... hopefully they have the software to match.
    09-23-15 08:48 AM
    I doubt my wife knows about any of that... and she has taken some pretty good pictures with her iPhone. Most people want to capture a real life moment, and they want a phone that can do that. Sadly up till now BlackBerry's just weren't very good at just capturing moments... you needed the right lighting, you needed rock steady hands, and perfect timing (what happened to TimeShift?). And sadly the camera is one of the most used features on many peoples smartphones...

So I think it at least seems like BlackBerry has tried to improve the camera and picture taking experience on BlackBerries.... hopefully they have the software to match.
    I took my gf horse back riding and used my phone to take some pretty decent pics. Years ago I would have brought my old sony point and shoot. But nowadays cameras on cell phones have gotten pretty damn good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-23-15 10:38 AM
43 12