• Mute conversations
    • Next/previous swipe navigation
    • Image attachment preview in email viewer
    • Improved conversation UI
    • Improvements to initial email sync
    • Level 1 notifications
    • Performance and stability improvements
    11-05-15 02:31 PM
    Loving the hub updates, as that seems to be the most common focus of gripes in initial versions at least.
    11-05-15 02:41 PM
    Loving the hub updates, as that seems to be the most common focus of gripes in initial versions at least.
    That's the beauty of Google Play updates for apps...you can roll them out quickly to get customers the features and fixes they need
    hoopitz and 00stryder like this.
    11-05-15 02:54 PM
    That's the beauty of Google Play updates for apps...you can roll them out quickly to get customers the features and fixes they need
    So would the user get some sort of notification that updates such as these, were available on google play?
    11-05-15 02:58 PM
    So would the user get some sort of notification that updates such as these, were available on google play?
    yes and you can set up automatic updates or manual with notifications
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-05-15 03:00 PM
    Yes, something will pop and let you know...just make sure you do the updates on your home WIFI...just to avoid using your data...
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-05-15 03:01 PM
    Yes, something will pop and let you know...just make sure you do the updates on your home WIFI...just to avoid using your data...
    play store has option for auto update on wifi only
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-05-15 03:07 PM
    play store has option for auto update on wifi only
    yep, i failed to mention that.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-05-15 03:13 PM
    BlackBerry Services app looks intriguing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tructure&hl=en

More updated Priv "apps" on Google Play, Hub etc etc-img_20151106_071300.png

More updated Priv "apps" on Google Play, Hub etc etc-unnamed.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:19 PM
    Same as BBW.

The most of the BlackBerry-Limited apps on OS10 can updated via the BlackBerry world.

While the Hub is backed in the OS there is no way to update via BBW.

On Android it's only an app.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-05-15 04:24 PM
    Same as BBW.

The most of the BlackBerry-Limited apps on OS10 can updated via the BlackBerry world.

While the Hub is backed in the OS there is no way to update via BBW.

On Android it's only an app.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    They never updated the browser through BBW.. while in this case they can push updates very quickly for all their apps including the launcher which is the UI of the OS.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    11-05-15 04:31 PM
    Wooooooo!

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    11-05-15 04:32 PM
    I didn't see BlackBerry Travel. Anyone know if it will be coming? It would be a killer app if they spent a little to update it.

Posted via CB10
    bmr50 likes this.
    11-05-15 04:37 PM
    If they are going for offer the Hub to other Android phones, they should bake BBM into it to help grow the BBM base.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:38 PM
    I didn't see BlackBerry Travel. Anyone know if it will be coming? It would be a killer app if they spent a little to update it.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Travel is just a BlackBerry skin over the WorldMate app. The latter is available.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-05-15 04:47 PM
    True - but on BB10 they offered the premium features for free. WorldMate app makes you pay a fee for them.
    11-05-15 04:51 PM
    True - but on BB10 they offered the premium features for free. WorldMate app makes you pay a fee for them.
    Yes. Although everything is free except for flight monitoring.

Google Now is excellent for that.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-05-15 04:52 PM
    The app is a sort of an OEM piece of software.

https://worldmate.zendesk.com/entrie...kBerry-Travel-

WorldMate app is available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orldmate&hl=en .

More updated Priv "apps" on Google Play, Hub etc etc-img_20151106_075514.png

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:55 PM
    I've not had good experiences with travel. I'd land, take it out of airplane mode, and get notifications I should hopefully gotten half hour before takeoff.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 05:39 PM
    I'm not sure if this was a conscious decision (to put all these apps on the Play store) or not, but either way, it's great to know that BlackBerry will continue to further develop these apps, and then roll out updates whenever they want. I'm going to give this phone a couple of weeks on the market, to make sure all is well, and then, consider me Android
    00stryder likes this.
    11-05-15 07:19 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited

Further updates. Hub especially has received a lot of work, it would seem

For Hub:
    WHAT'S NEW

� Customizable swipe gestures
    � Mute conversations
    � Next/previous swipe navigation
    � Image attachment preview in email viewer
    � Improved conversation UI
    � Improvements to initial email sync
    � Level 1 notifications
    � Performance and stability improvements
    Am I the only one feeling BlackBerry are still busy hammering out the software on launch day when it should have been done weeks if not months ago? Reminded me of PB and Z10 launch but I seriously hope it will turn out much better as we need a home run to keep their hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:39 PM
    Am I the only one feeling BlackBerry are still busy hammering out the software on launch day when it should have been done weeks if not months ago? Reminded me of PB and Z10 launch but I seriously hope it will turn out much better as we need a home run to keep their hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    They gonna keep hammering out software well past launch day. Seeing that those apps are in Google play. That's part of their constant update strategy

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think it is simply a hugely complex event with all sorts of pieces coming together. Even Apple had some fiascos with their software launches etc. When I sense some of the changes that are occurring as we speak as the Priv gets launched, I'm actually in awe
    11-05-15 07:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    So now updates are a bad thing? Wouldn't you put last minute touches on your product if you could?
    00stryder and Mecca EL like this.
    11-05-15 07:50 PM
    If they are going for offer the Hub to other Android phones, they should bake BBM into it to help grow the BBM base.

Posted via CB10
    It could happen. But I'm not sure if it will really have that much of an impact on BBM user base. I would actually presume that close to 100% of future Hub subscribers will already be BBM subscribers.
    11-05-15 07:51 PM
33 12